Houria Palace, PEK

W

Woodie73

Good day to you all,

I am travelling to PEK in September, and have stayed at the Marhaba Palace 3 or 4 times and loved it. However this time I have booked into the Houria Palace as the travel company could not offer me the Marhaba Palace this time.

I am a bit concerned as I have read reviews and they are not very good. Can anyone advise what this hotel is really like asI have my elderly parents with me this time and I really want them to have the best holiday possible.

Many Thanks

Woodie

jacqui0414

Hi Woodie,

I have stayed in the Houria palace last year with my hubby and the hotel was ok it was clean and nice.

I hope you have a lovely time

babsi

Personally I would'nt put to much faith in reviews. They're based on someones personal opinion after all. What one person hates another really likes :) and some people are only happy if they are moaning about something. Go and have a great holiday, its what you choose to make it:D

sianperkins89

i agree with babsi, reviews can be total rubbish sometimes! one person may have loved the hotel, one person may have hated it so how can you base your opinions on someone elses opinions lol
well i stayed in houria palace in june this year and it was very nice :)
the food was lovely, it was a buffet as in most restaurants you can eat as much as you like! but not much option for vegetarians apart from salad and side dishes really but it was still nice...but if you are not all inclusive you need to pay for drinks, which are a little expensive at the table but no more expensive than any other hotel i think.
anyway there are two swimming pools but we only ever used one as we couldnt find the entrace to the other lol
and the room was clean and a decent size with a nice view over the aqua park...that was one let down, the aqua park played quite loud music and had kids splashing around there, but thats only if ur room is on that side of the hotel, if its on the other side then theres nothing to worry about. :)
also the animation was quite entertaining but not very talented, mostly young lads messing around, screaming, singing, dancin, flirting etc! there were no professional shows in the hotel the 8 days we were there...but the drag queen show was on the day after we left lol
oh its quite near to the tourist centre and the marina of kantaoui, about a 10 min walk i think, and there are always taxis and horse and carts to take u to your location, it is a nicely situated hotel and was very very good value when i booked with travelrepublic! there is also a train that goes to sousse there, and a free horse bus thing that takes u from houria directly to the beach for free...(but do give a donation lol) but u can walk to the beach in 5 mins anyway! and the beach has specific sections for each hotel there. so if u r all inclusive then u get ur lunch at the beach paid for 2 :) nice food at the beach also.
so i hope you will have a nice time there as i certainly did! :D

sianperkins89

haha sorry i just contradicted myself there didnt i, saying how can you base your opinion on someone elses review!! well anyway i'm just saying that i liked it thats all but u make ur own mind up :) ;)

W

Woodie73

Thanks everyone, I am getting quite excited now..lol

kaylee_bou_absa

Hello i stayed in Houria Palace in april 2009 for 2 weeks with my friend.
When we both first arrived it was a bit confusing but i think that was due to the fact we booked the flights and hotel seperate. Also i have never stayed in a hotel before as i had always stayed in houses in tunisia and my firend,it was her first time in tunisia. So we did not know we had to tip the guy who took our suitcases... It is a very clean hotel and the staff are lovely and very helpful..
Our room was lovely, just about the right size and again very clean.. We was only booked for bed and breakfast, but we missed the breakfast most days as it starts at 7 and finishes at 9 but this was our fault.. All the other guests commented on how nice the afternoon and evening meals were and there was a large variety.. I must say though that in the evenings there was not much happening in the hotel if anything at all but i think this was due to the dates we chose to go and there will be alot more now being it is the main summer seasons.. Overall i would love to go and stay there again, when are you going?? x

sianperkins89

oh u missed the breakfasts they were the best bit! there was a chef who made delicious crepes but the poor bloke was there by the hot plate from breakfast open to close without a break! especially with those people queing for more than 1...i wouldnt do that just coz its unfair to make him work twice as much and just plain greedy! lol
but the meals were really nice and you can put your meal card on a table so u can have that table everyday for your stay...thats what we did!

lynsey:o)

i love crepes, especially with chocolate in them, my mum is thinking about staying in the hotel in May next year, we read some reviews on this last night and tbh they was very good but reading some on here its doesnt sound too bad.

PEK - how far isit from Sousse, am i right in thinking its about 10 mins in a taxi or is it much further than that :)

sianperkins89

hey lynsey yes they are always serving crepes in tunisia i love them tooo, but they are so sickly so couldnt eat them everyday lol
yeah its about 10 mins or a bit more than that, its not too far and there is a train that runs from kantaoui to sousse and back again, obviously that takes a bit more than 10 mins as its a tourist train to take in the sites and views lol :)

steffo

Hi,didnt really know where to post this and I know it hasnt got alot to do with this thread but it is about houria palace!I have booked there for myself an dmy boyfriend(tunisian) for september. However he is sure that we will not be allowed to stay in the hotel together because we are not married. I am sure I have read on here somewhere that other people in our situation had stayed there and had no problems so if someone could reassure me that would be great!:) also if anybody had an email address or a phone number for the hotel thathe could contact them on that would be very usefull also!thank you.

Jasmine

Steffo..

Best contact them via email and check that they wont charge you hidden extras. I will scout around for the email address or phone number for you i have it on my computer somewhere Lol :)
xx

Jasmine

Contact Details:

Houria Palace
Port el Kantaoui
4089 Port el Kantaoui (Sousse)

Tel: 73 34 82 50
Fax: 73 34 82 40

Email: [email protected]

Hi Steffo, i stayed in Houria Palace with my fiance in May this year, and had no problems at all. The staff didn't even flinch at my fiance walking aroung the hotel in his work (animation) tshirt from another hotel!!!!!

steffo

thanks so much yeah think I will get in contact first just to be extra safe;)

lynsey:o)

hey lynsey yes they are always serving crepes in tunisia i love them tooo, but they are so sickly so couldnt eat them everyday lol
yeah its about 10 mins or a bit more than that, its not too far and there is a train that runs from kantaoui to sousse and back again, obviously that takes a bit more than 10 mins as its a tourist train to take in the sites and views lol :)
hi hun

i love em, could you eat one now :) lol

yeah the Noddy train, i have been on this to Monastir, really slow but cool and loads of fun :) will have to give it a go to PEK :) lol

I stayed in the Houria Palace a couple of years ago. I loved it. It has a really cool lift inside the hotel that you can look out of as you go up. It has a lovely outdoor pool and nice bars and seating areas in the hotel. It is really close to the beach and there is a horse and cart to take you to the beach. The food was reasonable but not as good as some other hotels I have been to. Overall it is a really nice hotel in a good position. Have a great holiday.

EmiraAya

Lovely

Good day to you all,

I am travelling to PEK in September, and have stayed at the Marhaba Palace 3 or 4 times and loved it. However this time I have booked into the Houria Palace as the travel company could not offer me the Marhaba Palace this time.

I am a bit concerned as I have read reviews and they are not very good. Can anyone advise what this hotel is really like asI have my elderly parents with me this time and I really want them to have the best holiday possible.

Many Thanks

Woodie
We spent many times there and I have no complaints...Its not on the beach side of the port but across from the De Vincci hotel, Its more of a couples ( not family atmosphere and i am sure your parents will love it

sheesha_chick

Hey steffo,

I stayed there in July this year with my fiancee (now husband) and they were fine about it. We are staying there again in September - what dates you going?x