How much money can you take to Tunisia

Aysha

Hi All just wanted to know how much money can you take into Tunisia ? Do they have a restriction at the airport?

Scottochott

You must declare it, but no limit on declared funds. You also need to declare more than 10 000 euro equivalent when leaving uk.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
You can take billions of dollars no problem they will be delighted to have you.

Problem will be leaving the EU with more than 10,000 euro per person.

Trulymadlydeeply

Also try and bring it back!!! Is it a third or half you can exchange back when leaving?

Scottochott

Also try and bring it back!!! Is it a third or half you can exchange back when leaving?
I think it's less, maybe 20-25%. You need to keep all your exchange receipts to show, however it's best to change only small amounts to avoid the issue. This applies only to undeclared money though, anything you declared on the way in can be brought out again.

ROULLA

Hi Everyone, hope that you are all well! I just wanted to say that I have never ever declared any money at the airport. I have to admit that the reason for this is because I do not have any patience to stand there waiting because they are so slow, however I know that I may sound a hypocrite but I do advice you to declare it because you never know when you may need to prove that the money is yours.

I remember a few years ago when we took a large amount of money and we never declared it at the airport, when we went to bank it I must admit that I was shocked as they never asked any questions. When you think about it logically it should have been checked and they should have asked us for proof but they didn't so we was lucky.

I don't really think that they really give a flying monkeys where you get it from as long as you bank it with them.:rolleyes: The bank that likes to say YES;)

Last edited:

Scottochott

Don't you just love the world of Roulla! I wouldn't recommend it though, declare any sizeable amount to avoid problems taking it out again, lol.