I have been scammed by a Tunisian woman

Dina sabra

Hi
I am new to the forum here.
The reason I joined the fourm that I have been scammed by a Tunisian woman and I am not Tunisian and I don't live in Tunisia.
And I need help getting my money back from here and I need a local to do that if any one is intrested
I will be really grateful.
And I will give an amount of 50 American dollars to how every will help me get back my money
And off course I have all the proves of the scam she did

Thanks all ,
And all of respect to the country of the revolution who inspired the whole world.
May God bless and protect Tunisia and the whole Arab world

Essem

Staff member
Hi Dina and welcome to the forum.

I've removed your person email address as it's best to give this out via our pm system should it be necessary.

Essem

Staff member
So Dina, how were you scammed?

Have you been to Tunisia or did this happen online?

What was the alleged scam?

Dina sabra

Thanks for asking
Actually it was online
The lady was supposed to be selling a used chanel bag
And I bought it so I sent her the money
And off course she didn't send the bag and now she is not answering the phone
And it was for 5400 emratie dirham about 1500 American dollars
And I have all the proves

Essem

Staff member
Hi Dina

Not everyone is online at the moment but when they are they'll help you if they can.

So where exactly was this lady selling the bag - was it a site for selling items? Where did you see her ad?

If it a reputable site for selling items, surely there is some sort of complaints procedure that they have.

Did you send the money directly to this woman or through a site?

Dina sabra

No it wasn't a specified for selling it is an emaratie fourm which had a section for such transactions
When I asked the management they said they are not responsible and they cannot help with that

And yea about the money I sent it directly o here and I have here mobile number and I think here po box also

Essem

Staff member
It's a lot of money to lose. Do you know of anyone else who has lost money this way on this forum ie is this a first?

How did you send her the money? To her bank account?

You are aware that there are many 'copies' of designer items here?

Essem

Staff member
How long ago did this happen? How long have you been waiting for the bag?

Dina sabra

This was by the beginning of the month the agreement was on the 4 th of jan and I sent her the money on the 6 th of jan
And sent her the money through western union
I don't know any one who lost there money this way
And I have been waiting of the bag for about two weeks

Scottochott

I am sorry but I do not see what anyone can do, I suggest you contact the police in Tunisia. Realistically, do you expect someone to contact her and ask for money? I am afraid you have been scammed, and maybe a lesson to be learned, sending $1500 for a used bag via western union having seen it on a website which offers no guarantees, not something anyone should do!

ROULLA

Hi
I am new to the forum here.
The reason I joined the fourm that I have been scammed by a Tunisian woman and I am not Tunisian and I don't live in Tunisia.
And I need help getting my money back from here and I need a local to do that if any one is intrested
I will be really grateful.
And I will give an amount of 50 American dollars to how every will help me get back my money
And off course I have all the proves of the scam she did

Thanks all ,
And all of respect to the country of the revolution who inspired the whole world.
May God bless and protect Tunisia and the whole Arab world
Hi Dina and welcome to the forum!
Firstly I was wondering if you are an American as you state that you are willing to give 50 American dollars as a reward for anyone who helps you get your money back.
Is English your mother tongue as I am quite curious.
I find it really weird that you are praising Tunisia to be honest with you as you say that you have been scammed by a Tunisian and to me this does not make sense and lastly but not least I doubt that you get a penny back.
Can I ask how you payed for the item ?
Hope that my post did not come across as being too abrupt as this was not meant to come across this way.

Dina sabra

H
I am sorry but I do not see what anyone can do, I suggest you contact the police in Tunisia. Realistically, do you expect someone to contact her and ask for money? I am afraid you have been scammed, and maybe a lesson to be learned, sending $1500 for a used bag via western union having seen it on a website which offers no guarantees, not something anyone should do!
Hi off course I have been scammed I am sure of it
I am sure she has no intention to give me my money back
But I think that is because she thinks she is out of reach she is not trying to negotiate
I am a law student and I have studied the electronic contract which fully protects me and if I want it can get me money back
Which will take a really long time I just want someone to call her as a lawyer and tell her that in case she doesn't give me money I am going to sue her
And I think that is going to scare her and let her send the money back
This all the ideas I have.

Dina sabra

Firstly I was wondering if you are an American as you state that you are willing to give 50 American dollars as a reward for anyone who helps you get your money back.
I find it really weird that you are praising Tunisia to be honest with you as you say that you have been scammed by a Tunisian and to me this does not make sense and lastly but not least I doubt that you get a penny back.
Hope that my post did not come across as being too abrupt as this was not meant to come across this way.
Hi roulla
Firstly am a muslim arab which the most thing i am proud of in my life.
I am half emirate and half egyptian.
I am parsing Tunisia because its a strong willing country proud enough not to let an one control its people, it didn't accept to be oppressed and tyrannized or be maltreated. I am proud to come out of the Arab world because it awakened the whole Arab world.
Which i saw by my own eyes
I have studied in Egypt for sometime after both the Egyptian and Tunisian revolution, there is a big change not in the country but in people's behaviors it felt like they got there honor back how people are not accepting any oppression or tyrannic behavior.
Tunisia is what started this it doesn't only deserve my respect it deserves the world respect and not only respect I admire it and look up to it, and it doesn't mean that if u have a fraud in your country it's the whole country.
Tunisia have my deep respect and love and in my plans inshallah that i am going to visit

Dina sabra

Hi roulla to answer your question I sent her the money through western union
So I have her name and her mobile number
But she doesn't answer international calls on her mobile anymore

Dina sabra

What I want anyone who is willing to help me is
To call her and talk to her as a lawyer and negotiate with her sending my money back to me
I think once she thinks its getting serious she will return the money.
This the idea I have
What do you think ????
Any one willing to do that
But it have to be a call from Tunisia as she has to think its really serious

Trulymadlydeeply

Plenty of scammers in Tunisia but this is the first time I have heard this sort of scam. If you can claim your money back through WU I wouldn't bother paying someone to call her etc, especially not for the meagre amount of 50$. Some of the lawyers in Tunisia are just as corrupt too. I'd put it down to a bad experience and move on!!

Dina sabra

H
Plenty of scammers in Tunisia but this is the first time I have heard this sort of scam. If you can claim your money back through WU I wouldn't bother paying someone to call her etc, especially not for the meagre amount of 50$. Some of the lawyers in Tunisia are just as corrupt too. I'd put it down to a bad experience and move on!!
Hello
Thnx for the reply
I don't want a real lawyer I just want someone to call her as a lawyer
It's a bad experience but the money is my sisters and I really feel responsible so I am trying o solve it
And do u think is it possible to claim the money through western union

Scottochott

I suggest you use the terms of your "electronic contract" to get your money back if you think it's possible, personally I don't think you can, certainly not with western union. You also do not appear to have an address, so how can you send any legal papers to sue her? Sorry to say but I think you have zero chance of finding her or your money.

Dina sabra

I suggest you use the terms of your "electronic contract" to get your money back if you think it's possible, personally I don't think you can, certainly not with western union. You also do not appear to have an address, so how can you send any legal papers to sue her? Sorry to say but I think you have zero chance of finding her or your money.
By legal means western union wouldn't have given to her the money without taking a copy of her id which will get me through with her address this if I want to go through with the legal way which I don't want to do because its going to cost me a lot of money and time
I just want o scare her out until she gives me money back that's all

Scottochott

Western union will have checked her id, yes, but I don't think they would release any details to you. You say you have studied law and have a contract which fully protects you, can you explain who offers protection and under what circumstances. You will not get your money back from her and any efforts made in Tunisia would probably cost more than you have lost.