I want my Tunisian Citizen boyfriend to visit me in UK .I need all your info and advice.

Anastasia

Hello to all of you

My boyfriend who lives in Tunisia wants to come and visit me in UK and he recently received his passport.He applied online and book appointment for the visa but when he went at TLS center the lady at the desk requested him 300 Tunisian Diners more than the price of the visa.

My boyfriend who had on him the exact amount of money hesitated and then the lady told him just to reapply again.
I was shocked listening to this cause is totally illegal and corruption to ask more money than what is stated officially.
My boyfriend has been put off by this I try to encourage him but friends relatives everyone seem to put him off saying is impossible to get a tourist visa for UK.
Me personally I prepare already an invitation letter for him , I have a letter from my company stating my work role and how many years I work for them ,I will include an utility bill as proof of address as well,and my passport copy.
At the moment my boyfriend is not working .And all this stress us so much as we want in the future to live together...but why so much fear about the embassy ? What we should add more what shall we do?
Travelling around the world due to my job I can not even imagine why the procedure is so difficult.
Please I need all your help and advise.
We love and miss each other so much .We just need the right info in order to have success in our application.
Thank you in advance for your time and your help!

gem15

I would place an odds on bet that his visa would be refused. To grant a visa he needs strong ties to return back to Tunisia, which he doesn't have. He would be wasting his money. Sorry to be negative but its very very hard to get visas to the UK.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I would place an odds on bet that his visa would be refused. To grant a visa he needs strong ties to return back to Tunisia, which he doesn't have. He would be wasting his money. Sorry to be negative but its very very hard to get visas to the UK.
A Tunisian man without a job is very unlikely to get a visitors visa to come to the UK .

It would also be viewed as a possible attempt to avoid having to go down the spouse visa route and would think that he is definitely not going back.

With regard to fees I do not know the details of the situation and i would not accuse anyone of anything until I had first spoken to the embassy staff and or the UKBA to clarify why the extra money was requested.

ADDRESS British Embassy in Tunis, Tunisia Rue du Lac Windermere Les Berges du Lac Tunis 1053 Tunisia
TELEPHONE (+216) 71 108 700 FAX ( +216) 71 108 749
EMAIL [email protected]

Rilley

Hi in need sum help my b/f but 2 visa in now he work but not on book he got money save in bank like come see is son for 2 weeks them say no ....

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
"he work but not on book"

I dont understand this do you mean he does not have an employment contract?

If he has no provable employment and a family tie in the UK they are very likely to say no as why would he go back?

If they have already said no they usually send a letter with a reason, did they give a reason?

Rilley

Yes because no work contract but have money in bank say no ...

Rilley

He saying to me think take shop work you think what me can not help him come see son werks

Rilley

Hi kris if can help big help i can send u what them say if like maybe tell he need to do thank you

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I can only reply on this forum.

Given the decision they obviously feel he will not return.

He will need to have a job there (so his situation would be better staying) so they will trust that he will return.