I want to learn Tunisian/Arabic!

Sami S

Thank you very much Roulla. I will have a look at the links you have provided and I will let you know if I found something.
Regards
Sami

T

thomas216

hei der

Trulymadlydeeply

Welcome to the forum Sami I have the same problem with my son, we live in the Uk and he does not speak Arabic. We too go to Tunisia every year and he can only speak in sign language and with the little English the family speak. It is so frustrating on both parts. Everywhere he goes there they speak in Arabic to him...

I know there are summer schools in Tunisia not sure if they are just in Tunis? Also not sure if just for the children? Hopefully someone here will know.

ROULLA

Welcome to the forum Sami I have the same problem with my son, we live in the Uk and he does not speak Arabic. We too go to Tunisia every year and he can only speak in sign language and with the little English the family speak. It is so frustrating on both parts. Everywhere he goes there they speak in Arabic to him...

I know there are summer schools in Tunisia not sure if they are just in Tunis? Also not sure if just for the children? Hopefully someone here will know.
Truly mou the Tunisian Embassy are always arranging schools for the summer holiday but when you ask them where it will be based and what days they don't know,,Nothing surprising there then;)

crazypink

Ask at your local mosque - they do lessons for children. Hope this helps :)

ROULLA

Wonder if the Tunisian Embassy will arrange for a summer school this year, any thoughts ? As they use to have summer schools which are free for all children, apparently adults can also go but I am not sure as to how much this will cost.

Jane BM

Wonder if the Tunisian Embassy will arrange for a summer school this year, any thoughts ? As they use to have summer schools which are free for all children, apparently adults can also go but I am not sure as to how much this will cost.
Really good idea if they did Roulla....

ROULLA

Really good idea if they did Roulla....
Hi Jane hope that you and your family are all well! It would be great Jane if they advertised it mnd you it would be even better if they got the classes up and running;)I will let you know if I find out when and where and IF they will be taking place this year:)

Jane BM

Hi Jane hope that you and your family are all well! It would be great Jane if they advertised it mnd you it would be even better if they got the classes up and running;)I will let you know if I find out when and where and IF they will be taking place this year:)
Hi Roulla, all good here thank you and hope you and yours looking forward to weekend..:) If i was there for any considerable time in one go its something id love to do...and probably something id consider doing in the future thats for sure...:)

ROULLA

Hi Roulla, all good here thank you and hope you and yours looking forward to weekend..:) If i was there for any considerable time in one go its something id love to do...and probably something id consider doing in the future thats for sure...:)
We are all fine thank you Jane and yes we are all looking forward to the weekend although this weekend will be a bit hectic ;)I have never ever been to a Arabic class myself apart from 24 0r 25 years ago when we once took our daughter to see what it was like as the lady that used to teach was Tunisian which we thought made sence but I cannot remember what happened as its too far back for me to remember:D but I would also love to go to a class so if you ever hear of anything please let me know. :)

stm

RE: Tunisian Language(S) :)

if i wanted to learn to speak (tunisian arabic) how would i go about it, do i just learn arabic or can i learn actual (tunisian arabic) . thanks
are u jewish.?

missmetal

Hh, his name.Because i know Some one called "Simon" and he is jewish :)
I see, ya well in our world names do not always equal religion. Its like me asking you where are you from and you say Tunisia and then i say oh, do you know Mohamed?
:)

stm

I see, ya well in our world names do not always equal religion. Its like me asking you where are you from and you say Tunisia and then i say oh, do you know Mohamed?
:)
No,, I just want to check if Jewish people use frequently the name "Simon" as Muslims use "Mohammed " ,nothing more ;)

missmetal

No,, I just want to check if Jewish people use frequently the name "Simon" as Muslims use "Mohammed " ,nothing more ;)
Ah ok...my ex name was Simon, but not Jewish or even religious.

M

MikeCarthage

To learn Tunisian Arabic the easy way, I suggest this books that I found on Amazon. It is a self instruction book, written for native speakers of English specifically and has excellent reviews in both print and ebook editions: Tunisian Arabic in 24 Lessons

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1494370530/

M

MikeCarthage

RE: Tunisian Language(S) :)

if i wanted to learn to speak (tunisian arabic) how would i go about it, do i just learn arabic or can i learn actual (tunisian arabic) . thanks
To learn Tunisian Arabic the easy way, I suggest this book that I found on Amazon. It is a self instruction book, written for native speakers of English specifically and has excellent reviews in both print and ebook editions: Tunisian Arabic in 24 Lessons
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1494370530/
There is also a blog dedicated to the book: http://tunisianarabic24.blogspot.com/

Essem

Staff member
Having studied Tunisian Arabic both privately and in school, I found this book to be useful but not for beginners. Could have been doing with including a CD for pronunciation.