IlR and a biometric residence card....

lovedup

Hello All!

Just a quick question about my ex husbands ILR, he has been in the UK for 9 years now living and working and has just started a new job. The new job has just told him they cannot continue with his paperwork until he gets a biometric residence card? The information I have found is all very confusing and frustrating as it looks like these things cost £219! Has anyone else's long residing spouse been asked for this? Thank you any help to calm my ex down would be fab! Lol xxxx

Selmi

Hello All!

Just a quick question about my ex husbands ILR, he has been in the UK for 9 years now living and working and has just started a new job. The new job has just told him they cannot continue with his paperwork until he gets a biometric residence card? The information I have found is all very confusing and frustrating as it looks like these things cost £219! Has anyone else's long residing spouse been asked for this? Thank you any help to calm my ex down would be fab! Lol xxxx
Hi.
Would it not be easier for him to apply for British Citizenship? Providing he’s lived in the UK for 5 years and held his settlement ILR for at least 12 months ? His current ILR enables him to work which for the interim period should be sufficient for his employers ? I’am clutching at straws as rules and regulations are a very quick turnaround these days, at least with the above everything’s done without further expense.