ILR - Indefinite Leave to remain

Jane BM

Lynn... ILR is from the date their passport was stamped coming into the UK ... So hubby's visa was middle of Jan but we couldn't apply for ILR until he had physically been in the UK two years (well 28 days before that date....)
Is it the same though if say someone is delayed coming to the UK by months? Where their passport has been sat at the embassy in Tunis with the stamp in it, however they've 'forgotten' to notify the applicant till several weeks/months later. In which case then they've not spent the 23 months in the UK?

I think Lynn's case, if I remember rightly was more like that, they'd held onto his passport and didn't notify him to collect it for quite a while.

Jane BM

So we sent off my husbands ILR 2 days ago, by registered post. So the Home Office would have received it yesterday.....bank account debited TODAY!!!! How super efficient our Home Office are!! Let's see now if they're as super efficient at sorting out the paperwork?? :rolleyes:....I shalln't hold my breath!

lynn

So we sent off my husbands ILR 2 days ago, by registered post. So the Home Office would have received it yesterday.....bank account debited TODAY!!!! How super efficient our Home Office are!! Let's see now if they're as super efficient at sorting out the paperwork?? :rolleyes:....I shalln't hold my breath!
yes fast enough taking the money, lets see if they are fast enough making a decision ..

debstyler

Good luck!! xx

kassie

Aww....good luck Jane! :) Sure you won't need it!

xxx

Jellycat

Hi all - just thought I would update on hubby getting his ILR this week. We decided to stump up the extra £400 to do a premium application (so nearly £1500 in total arghh/sigh). Just did not want to have to wait months without hubby having a passport - we want to travel soon and imagine if one if his parents was seriously ill and he had no passport. We went off to Croydon to hand everything in and got the decision about 3 hours later. The biometric residents permit stamped with ilr came by courier today. Glad that is all done. Fairly straight forward if you meet the criteria. Hardest part was paying up and of course hubby had to get B1 in English and life in uk test (again more money). back in the spring we spent an hour nearly every night going through the life in the uk book. What a relief when he passed that ! What a strange mish mash of information. Good luck to others applying or waiting.

Jane BM

Hi all - just thought I would update on hubby getting his ILR this week. We decided to stump up the extra £400 to do a premium application (so nearly £1500 in total arghh/sigh). Just did not want to have to wait months without hubby having a passport - we want to travel soon and imagine if one if his parents was seriously ill and he had no passport. We went off to Croydon to hand everything in and got the decision about 3 hours later. The biometric residents permit stamped with ilr came by courier today. Glad that is all done. Fairly straight forward if you meet the criteria. Hardest part was paying up and of course hubby had to get B1 in English and life in uk test (again more money). back in the spring we spent an hour nearly every night going through the life in the uk book. What a relief when he passed that ! What a strange mish mash of information. Good luck to others applying or waiting.
Applied FOUR MONTHS ago!!! Still waiting....lol...(didn't do the premium, however will be chasing it soon).

Jellycat

Applied FOUR MONTHS ago!!! Still waiting....lol...(didn't do the premium, however will be chasing it soon).
Yes it is ridiculous how long they keep people waiting. Hubby has an Algerian friend who had to wait 7 months - finally he got it. Completely unacceptable really especially if you are looking for a new job as the employer needs to see your passport as they can get fined something like 10k for employing someone without the right to work. Hubby's initial settlement visa ran until September , but when he went for some job interviews in May he was told his visa expiry date was the problem - they were not allowed to take on anyone with less than 6 months on their visa.

Jellycat

good luck with chasing it! Isn't their published service standard 3 months?

Jane BM

Think so yes, but then nothing surprises me, plus with all the news this week about the passport office. Also saw an admission by a minister saying they were understaffed at UKVI and were recruiting new staff!!:rolleyes:

We've no plans till September so not too bothered SO FAR, however I shall give it another couple of weeks and then start kicking off with my MP again....lol. Fortunately Aymen is in full time work and they're fine, so it doesn't affect him there, but yes it is pretty unacceptable!

Well done you. Xx

Jane BM

Update....have spoken to a machine/man at the Home Office today re Aymens ILR...we sent off his application back in February and aside from doing his biometrics in March, have heard nothing. Why they man telephones I really don't know, because I'm sure they just have a sheet of paper in front of them and recite the same **** every hour!!

Wouldn't admit they had a backlog at first, then mentioned they are now dealing with Februarys application, which according to him is no signs of a backlog!!!! As we all know, in the guidelines it says UP to 6 months!!

Me thinks it's a great advert for people to do same day service and give them an extra £400!! Fortunately we've no plans till September....watch this space!

loulou28

Hi jane,
I remember we waited almost the full 6 months too! They are quite slow with processing these applications x

DanniBibo

Hi ladies, hope you are all well! Hubby failed his life in the uk but since then has read the full study guide book. It's the first book he's ever read so I'm very impressed. Since then he's been getting good results 23/24 and some times 24/24 on the practice tests. He's booked in again for next week so fingers crossed! All other paper work is good to go! We've cut it fine for the test as his visa expires 31st august. We will hopefully send off all the paperwork soon. So can anyone tell me what the process is for posting? Do you need to pay by cheque? And what is the biometrics? I hope it all goes ok. Having a baby has taken up
so much time and being back at work now I just don't have a spare minute to get to grips with it all. X

Jane BM

Hi ladies, hope you are all well! Hubby failed his life in the uk but since then has read the full study guide book. It's the first book he's ever read so I'm very impressed. Since then he's been getting good results 23/24 and some times 24/24 on the practice tests. He's booked in again for next week so fingers crossed! All other paper work is good to go! We've cut it fine for the test as his visa expires 31st august. We will hopefully send off all the paperwork soon. So can anyone tell me what the process is for posting? Do you need to pay by cheque? And what is the biometrics? I hope it all goes ok. Having a baby has taken up
so much time and being back at work now I just don't have a spare minute to get to grips with it all. X
The application form has all the different ways to pay on it, we just put my husbands bank details on it. The process for posting is to post it all off....lol....we sent it registered. They'll contact you once they've received it and ask your husband to go to a post office to have his biometrics done...(only some post offices do it), they then send the details on and you just wait....and wait....and wait....lol.

Best of luck with the Life in the UK.

DanniBibo

The application form has all the different ways to pay on it, we just put my husbands bank details on it. The process for posting is to post it all off....lol....we sent it registered. They'll contact you once they've received it and ask your husband to go to a post office to have his biometrics done...(only some post offices do it), they then send the details on and you just wait....and wait....and wait....lol.

Best of luck with the Life in the UK.
Thanks Jane! The posting it all off sounds simple haha I don't know what I meant by that. :) are you still waiting? What is the maximum waiting time? X

Jane BM

Thanks Jane! The posting it all off sounds simple haha I don't know what I meant by that. :) are you still waiting? What is the maximum waiting time? X
It can take up to six months, and right now that seems to be about it!!! The alternative is to use the same day service for an extra £400....all depends if you've plans to go anywhere over next few months. X

Jane BM

So we sent off Aymens application for ILR at the end of February and have today received confirmation that he got it....done...xx

DARK ANGEL

So we sent off Aymens application for ILR at the end of February and have today received confirmation that he got it....done...xx
CONGRATULATIONS JANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GREAT NEWS IN Ramdhan :) I am glad , big cong to u both xxx

Jellycat

great news Jane. So just over 4 months - not too bad