I'm a little confused, are all Tunisian guys confusing? Anybody?

Jules

Please can someone tell me what to do about the Tunisian guy I'm seeing. His behavior is a bit crazy.

Mrs H

Tunisan = slightly crazy. U got that bit right so what else do u need to know

Jules

I've been home 3 days and he's blowing hot and cold.

I spent 14 days and nights with him, he was always very jealous and went moody if any one spoke to me.

He wants me to go back in February for a holiday with him whilst he has a couple of weeks off work. He calls me wife and wants to be married but not to live in the uk, he says he wants nothing material from me.

I've stupidly fell for this guy, he fell out with me last night for no reason then messaged and said sorry.

He's done the same today, I don't know what to do about the situation because I really like him

Help me...I'm so upset about it all. I have no one to talk to who will understand

Jules

Mrs H

Be careful. Take things slowly. Most Tunisians are jealous and don't like other men talking to their wives or girlfriends but don't be fooled by this. They are all very well trained in making you feel like you are the one and you are the only one but the reality is that you are probably not the only one. He will run hot and cold then turn it round so he makes you feel like you are the one in the wrong. He will make you feel bad and then good until he has u hooked then he will start asking for things. As for him wanting to marry u but not move to the uk. Don't believe a word of it.

Jules

It's really hard, I'm not used to this kind of behaviour.

I went on holiday on my own for a break not to come home with this stress. We had a lovely time apart from when he was acting like a jealous freak.

I'm starting to believe I'm not the only one because I would never treat someone I love like this.

He never asked for anything when I was there, I offered to give him my old mobile phone because he broke his but he wouldn't accept it.

On my last day there he cried his heart out, was that just an act?

I miss him but I'm trying not to contact him. Should I contact him?

How do you know so much about tunisian guys?

My heart is breaking here, I've done nothing for the last 2 days :(

Essem

Staff member
It's not jealousy, although they would like you to think it is, it's the fear of losing the 'possible' cash cow to someone else - that's why he doesn't want to talking to someone else and the fact that the more you speak to others, the more you will find out about 'bezness'.

As for crying, does this mean he loves you, no, they cry like they pee so take no notice. All consummate actors who more often than not play the long game - in fact just heard today, some will play it for 20 years. Time means nothing to some of them if there's a means to an end.

Calling you wife is normal for them - again it keeps the competition away from you.

Beware - listen to those alarm bells!

Mrs H

If i was u I would let him do the chasing. But as I said before be very careful.
Did you just meet him when u went on holiday or did you know him from before?
Does he work in the hotel?
Sorry to ask so much questions but it will help us to help you if we have more information.
As for knowing so much about Tunisian men. I've been married to one for over 5 years now and have been privy to a lot of goings on between his tunisian friends and European women

Jules

Thank you Essem I am listening to what you're saying, it doesn't make it any easier though. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and not judge them the same as others. Alarm bells are there to a certain extent but it's only been a few days of rubbish communication with him

Jules

Thank you Mrs H, It's hard or me not to contact him but he's got the hump so I won't contact him today. If he contacts me I will keep my wits about me.

I met him on holiday, we were together pretty much all the time. He was an angel everyday for me when I was there. He does work in the hotel but said he wants to leave and go back to his family home.

His english is ok but not great, he was a genuinely nice guy and I really want to see the good in him.

i will be careful, I can't do much whilst I'm in the UK anyway.

How did you find a good tunisian?

I really like him, I wish I didn't.

Do I walk away or see what happens?

gem15

Thank you Mrs H, It's hard or me not to contact him but he's got the hump so I won't contact him today. If he contacts me I will keep my wits about me.

I met him on holiday, we were together pretty much all the time. He was an angel everyday for me when I was there. He does work in the hotel but said he wants to leave and go back to his family home.

His english is ok but not great, he was a genuinely nice guy and I really want to see the good in him.

I think if you asked all the members on here 99% of them would say walk away.

It's a classic story and it will only get worse.

What will he do for money if he goes back to the family house?? That's where you will come in useful, sorry to be harsh but you need to know the way these guys act.

I would like to be proved wrong and have to eat my words but I doubt it!

Scottochott

Juleps, have you googled "bezness"? this all sounds very familiar and predictable I'm afraid

Essem

Staff member
Thank you Essem I am listening to what you're saying, it doesn't make it any easier though. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and not judge them the same as others. Alarm bells are there to a certain extent but it's only been a few days of rubbish communication with him
Of course it doesn't make it any easier but to be forewarned etc...................

I think the majority of unsuspecting westerners give the benefit of the doubt until ?................... well then it's too late.

And if I had a dinar for every woman who has said 'mine is different' or 'I have a 'goodun'', I'd be very rich.

And if you don't contact him, for sure he'll contact you - I'm not a betting person but I'd put money on that, so sit back and wait................

Jules

I'm new to all this, has all the members on here been through the same thing.

I'm too nice for my own good and I offered to fix his phones screen when I was there but he wouldn't accept anything from me.

I bought lunch and a couple of beers on my last day.

He said his parents are comfortable, his mum is a midwife and his father has a good job.

I'm taking all of this in.

I feel stupid that I've been affected this way.

Jules

I haven't googled bezness. maybe I ought too :)

Trulymadlydeeply

If you met a guy here at lets say Butlins while you were on a 2 week holiday and when you left he cried his eyes out you would run a mile no? I'd be doing the same right now.. During the winter months hotels are quiet if they juggle the diaries properly they can have many women returning to keep them busy and financed until silly season starts all over again!!

Jules

Hi Essem

I promise I am listening, I won't be sending any money whilst I'm in England if I'm asked for it that is.

If I go in February I won't be taking any cash cards either. I've been screwed over by an english guy before.

You were right he's just sent me a message but I haven't replied as yet.

I care about him in such a short space of time

Jules

I probably would run a mile if a guy from butlins cried....fair point.

Mrs H

He will contact you.

It's low season so he probably has no choice but to go back to the family home. There will be no work for him in the hotel until it's high season again.

I'm not saying my man is perfect cos most of the time he is a pain in the arse. But the difference is that my husband has been to university and has a degree in foreign languages. He could have had a career 8 Tunisia so I knew that he wasn't just after me to get him out of Tunisia. You say that his family are professionals but I find it hard to believe if has come from that kind of family why he has not gone to university instead of working in tourism.

see what happens but don't get in too deep. Never trust anything he says until you know you can trust him. That might take a while.

Jules

I'm going to try take a step back and try take each day at a time.

He skyped me this evening saying I miss you and I love you, I just listened. My head is all over the place.

I don't trust him at the minute not completely so I will take it slow and he can contact me.

You have been so understanding and calm about this, it's what I needed.

Jules

Trulymadlydeeply

How far into your two week holiday did you start chatting? He loves you? I would put it down to good memories and leave it there sorry to say...