I'm a little confused, are all Tunisian guys confusing? Anybody?

Jules

I have met some lovely animators over the years. First day in the hotel they come over one by one each finding out something different about you. Then one will come with the usual lines I like to go along with it ;) then comes the sob story!!! I then say do you know how many times I've heard this I have been married to a Tunisian. They apologise and then I get treated very well for my stay!!! Of course not all are the same, but even if they are not when they begin the job it's not long before they cotton on.
To be honest I only spoke to one animator, one did introduce himself but they never quizzed me.

Jules

I see what damage they've done from the stories I've been told.

I always try to see the good in people but I know I shouldn't here.

Jules

Very sad but we all know the truth of it unfortunately. What is the attitude of the older staff and management though?
They didn't bat an eyelid about anything when I was there, but I never saw the guys at work.

curly

If i was u I would let him do the chasing. But as I said before be very careful.
Did you just meet him when u went on holiday or did you know him from before?
Does he work in the hotel?
Sorry to ask so much questions but it will help us to help you if we have more information.
As for knowing so much about Tunisian men. I've been married to one for over 5 years now and have been privy to a lot of goings on between his tunisian friends and European women
Mrs H,

How did you know your tunisian man was a genuine one?? We hear so much about the negatives about them, be nice to hear what a good one looks like?
X x x

Mrs H

Mrs H,

How did you know your tunisian man was a genuine one?? We hear so much about the negatives about them, be nice to hear what a good one looks like?
X x x
He's far from perfect. He's moody, immature and a pain in the arse most of the time. But saying that he probably thinks that about me too.

To be honest if i told you my story I would be a classic case for everyone to tell me to run for the hills cause he's only using you for a visa. I took a chance and it's worked out so far but if it goes pear shaped in the future then there is not much I can do about it. We've been together over 6 years now so we must be doing something right.

My husband was at university when I met him, never worked in the tourist industry and was very honest with me about what goes on in the hotels. He never asked me for anything and he paid for our wedding and all the translations etc. I don't know how I knew he was a good one but I have been right about so many others that were rats so it must just be my judgement.

Life is a gamble and sometimes u need to take a risk.

Donna Said

I've been married for 21 years and found the most challenging part was the initial first year, it was tough for my husband to adjust to being in the UK away from his family, new language, new job, loss of friends, new responsibilities, racism, but like any marriage you get out of it what you put in and if you both think about the other persons needs as well as your own it will work.
The cooking saga went on for awhile he never liked English food but now adores Fish and chips but still won't touch baked beans or gravy lol.

curly

Its nice hearing your guys happy endings, Mrs H, one thing I think is for certain is arab men are moody, immature and a pain the arse most of the time lol!!

Donna Said

But they can also love deep from the heart, can commit for life and stick by u through thick and thin of life, this is what I have found with my hubby.

Jules

He's far from perfect. He's moody, immature and a pain in the arse most of the time. But saying that he probably thinks that about me too.

To be honest if i told you my story I would be a classic case for everyone to tell me to run for the hills cause he's only using you for a visa. I took a chance and it's worked out so far but if it goes pear shaped in the future then there is not much I can do about it. We've been together over 6 years now so we must be doing something right.

My husband was at university when I met him, never worked in the tourist industry and was very honest with me about what goes on in the hotels. He never asked me for anything and he paid for our wedding and all the translations etc. I don't know how I knew he was a good one but I have been right about so many others that were rats so it must just be my judgement.

Life is a gamble and sometimes u need to take a risk.
Life is a gamble that's why I' going to take a risk, not a massive one just to an extent to where I can see if he is a good one.

The purse is staying firmly closed just in case he does ask for anything.

Jules

I've been married for 21 years and found the most challenging part was the initial first year, it was tough for my husband to adjust to being in the UK away from his family, new language, new job, loss of friends, new responsibilities, racism, but like any marriage you get out of it what you put in and if you both think about the other persons needs as well as your own it will work.
The cooking saga went on for awhile he never liked English food but now adores Fish and chips but still won't touch baked beans or gravy lol.
Hi Donna

That sounds promising for a change.

Where did you meet him, was he in the tourist industry?

curly

Great idea Jules, at least if you read all the info you of in with open eyes!! Goodluck

Mrs H

Life is a gamble that's why I' going to take a risk, not a massive one just to an extent to where I can see if he is a good one.

The purse is staying firmly closed just in case he does ask for anything.
Anything sounds dodgy then just ask us. I'm sure someone will be around to help

Jules

Great idea Jules, at least if you read all the info you of in with open eyes!! Goodluck
Thank you, I'm thinking I may need it haha

Jules

Anything sounds dodgy then just ask us. I'm sure someone will be around to help
I will thank you, you've been a great help :)

Donna Said

Hi Donna

That sounds promising for a change.

Where did you meet him, was he in the tourist industry?
Jules we met 21 years ago Tunisia was a very different country then to what is happening now, he did work in animation but he has always had a moral compass, pride, he has always worked hard to support us and achieved so much for himself, I think it has to go with his family life and the way he was brought up.

gem15

When you live here and have experienced the country you can guess which are the good and which are the bad.

Jules

Jules we met 21 years ago Tunisia was a very different country then to what is happening now, he did work in animation but he has always had a moral compass, pride, he has always worked hard to support us and achieved so much for himself, I think it has to go with his family life and the way he was brought up.

Aaww you were lucky.

If a guy has morals that's got to be the best thing, without they don't stand a chance.

Jules

When you live here and have experienced the country you can guess which are the good and which are the bad.
Yeah I guess that helps a lot :)

Jane BM

Yeah I guess that helps a lot :)
You have to trust your own instincts and not lie to yourself or kid yourself....everyone can tell you a variety of scenarios, from the best to the worst. Take it slowly, don't rush anything and don't accept any less than you would from any man...and if you are prepared to go for it, remember long distance relationships aren't for the feint hearted, especially as it will be YOU having to go to him all the time. Xx

Jules

You have to trust your own instincts and not lie to yourself or kid yourself....everyone can tell you a variety of scenarios, from the best to the worst. Take it slowly, don't rush anything and don't accept any less than you would from any man...and if you are prepared to go for it, remember long distance relationships aren't for the feint hearted, especially as it will be YOU having to go to him all the time. Xx
Thank you Jane I will do exactly that.

I know it's not easy doing long distance, I feel I need to give him a chance. Even if it's only a little one, I'm not going to be walked over as I wouldn't allow that in the UK.

I know it's my decision at the end of the day.