I'm a little confused, are all Tunisian guys confusing? Anybody?

kassie

I see what damage they've done from the stories I've been told.

I always try to see the good in people but I know I shouldn't here.
As I do Jules....sadly got it completely "wrong" this time! Now, I can only put this down to "experience" and perhaps benefit others. Take care x

kassie

;)images.jpg

Donna Said

But they can also love deep from the heart, can commit for life and stick by u through thick and thin of life, this is what I have found with my hubby.

curly

I just wanted to say I am loving this thread, the advice given is on both sides and I don't feel anyone has made Jules feel like she is stupid for falling for this guy. Some people may have seen my story when I wrote at the beginning and some may agree or disagree as to whether they intended to make me feel like I was stupid, but that's how some people made me feel even if it was not their intention (not on this sight)m for example writing things in CAPITAL LETTERS, like I needed it spelt out to me! I have not placed anything on the forums for a long time because I was confronted about a comment I made on feeling ridiculed. Its important to give the facts but also to realise that sometimes, just maybe these things work out and also sometimes relationships break down for other reasons not just because they are a 'loverat'.

Jules

I just wanted to say I am loving this thread, the advice given is on both sides and I don't feel anyone has made Jules feel like she is stupid for falling for this guy. Some people may have seen my story when I wrote at the beginning and some may agree or disagree as to whether they intended to make me feel like I was stupid, but that's how some people made me feel even if it was not their intention (not on this sight)m for example writing things in CAPITAL LETTERS, like I needed it spelt out to me! I have not placed anything on the forums for a long time because I was confronted about a comment I made on feeling ridiculed. Its important to give the facts but also to realise that sometimes, just maybe these things work out and also sometimes relationships break down for other reasons not just because they are a 'loverat'.

The advice given as been fab, even the harsh comments you probably don't want to hear have helped.

I never saw your story but I'm guessing it didn't have a happy ending.

I have got to find out now if he's genuine or not, it's not going to be easy but I have to do it.
Like I said previously no money is being transferred but talking to him very day is ok. If he is a rat he's gonna ask for something at some point isn't he.
But he might be a good one.. Who knows at this point.

Jane BM

The advice given as been fab, even the harsh comments you probably don't want to hear have helped.

I have got to find out now if he's genuine or not, it's not going to be easy but I have to do it.
Like I said previously no money is being transferred but talking to him very day is ok. If he is a rat he's gonna ask for something at some point isn't he.
A word of caution Jules....asking for something from you doesn't define whether someone is a rat or not....try to keep that in the back of your mind. Very often, sadly, they will play the long game and women have been damaged much further down the line.

As has been said though, marriages break down anyway, over 50%..., marrying a Tunisian doesn't = marrying a rat necessarily, often when the marriages break down its for other reasons. I can't guarantee my marriage will last forever, who can, but I didnt marry a rat.

Just keep your wits about you. Xx

curly

Hi Jules,

My story does not have a bad ending, but like all relationships, you never know. What I have learnt is that my man is one of a few in the tourist industry that is good and I am very happy to have him!

I may be able to help you with some info on your man as I know quite a few of the guys in the tourist industry in Sousse and my partner knows a lot. Feel free to inbox me and I will help if i can and if you would like.

Last edited:

kassie

A word of caution Jules....asking for something from you doesn't define whether someone is a rat or not....try to keep that in the back of your mind. Very often, sadly, they will play the long game and women have been damaged much further down the line.

As has been said though, marriages break down anyway, over 50%..., marrying a Tunisian doesn't = marrying a rat necessarily, often when the marriages break down its for other reasons. I can't guarantee my marriage will last forever, who can, but I didnt marry a rat.

Just keep your wits about you. Xx
I have to agree with Jane! In saying that I have to say......Jane has a great marriage! :) I would guess mine was the "long game"....never asked for anything, was humble, loving etc! I had no reason what so ever to doubt him! Then.....in the UK....further down the line, had ILR, citizinship....wow...completely different person! It was someone I never knew? So..... 6 years later here I am.....NEVER thought this was going to happen to me! However it did and life has to go on!
I hope you have met a genuine, honest man.....just take extra care! x

scotty_bambam

I have just married Tunisian boyfriend number 4! Your experience Jules reminds me of tn boyfriend number one.spent a lovely 2 weeks together then once I was back home blew hot and cold and very moody.he was very poor and wanted a European wife but he's heart wasn't in it...hence the behaviour, moods etc.I finally ended it when he ranted at me that I was the enemy of Islam and therefore his enemy too!....boyfriend number 2 I discovered "cheating" with a German woman that he eventually married.number 3 was a "man of means" owned property, taxis. Plus had a very good job.he just wanted sex with a European,as 3 months after ending our relationship on valentines day' he was married to a Tunisian girl.then I met my hubby.and poor man...I made him suffer because of the previous relationships.but 2 and a half years later we are married... The night of our wedding he made me cry when he told my sister of his first impressions of me and why he fell in love with me.none of my boyfriends worked in hotels.my sister believes him to be genuine.obviously only time will tell as I am one of the "disgusting sights" , mentioned earlier,as there is a large age gap between hubby and me.I will post pics later.xxx

Mrs H

I have just married Tunisian boyfriend number 4! Your experience Jules reminds me of tn boyfriend number one.spent a lovely 2 weeks together then once I was back home blew hot and cold and very moody.he was very poor and wanted a European wife but he's heart wasn't in it...hence the behaviour, moods etc.I finally ended it when he ranted at me that I was the enemy of Islam and therefore his enemy too!....boyfriend number 2 I discovered "cheating" with a German woman that he eventually married.number 3 was a "man of means" owned property, taxis. Plus had a very good job.he just wanted sex with a European,as 3 months after ending our relationship on valentines day' he was married to a Tunisian girl.then I met my hubby.and poor man...I made him suffer because of the previous relationships.but 2 and a half years later we are married... The night of our wedding he made me cry when he told my sister of his first impressions of me and why he fell in love with me.none of my boyfriends worked in hotels.my sister believes him to be genuine.obviously only time will tell as I am one of the "disgusting sights" , mentioned earlier,as there is a large age gap between hubby and me.I will post pics later.xxx
you're a brave woman. After no 1 and no 2 I would have been heading for the hills lol.

Mezoo

VIP Member
foolish to spend 5 more seconds with this guy.

neat

Wow Scotty_ bambam you obviously have a strong back bone. I really hope your marriage works out for you and congratulations to you both.
So you are one of the disgusting club! so I must be a member of that as well as there is a large age gap between me and hubby. Maybe we should start a forum on ageism?

scotty_bambam

I knew from 4 years ago from comments I read on here that most people disapprove of a large age gap , so I kept quiet about it.my husband is very good looking and could easily have found a European woman his own age.but as we got to know each other we found many things in common.but he's just come in and majorly peed me off , so we'll see.lol.

neat

I know of 5 English women married to younger Tunisian men who have been quite happily married for years. Marriage is what you make of it
at whatever the age difference is or not. My previous husband was 20 yrs older than me and sulked like a child. Need I say more?

gillian

I had the very same experience whilst on my visit in sept.. I went with my family. First since my hubby died.. 2nd day in and I was given the big toothy smile and made to feel like I was the only woman in the building. He even approached my son and asked his permition to take me out to coffee.. I didnt give him the opportunity to ask me for money I offered it.. just to see what his reaction would be.. of course he took it..so I was very aware of his intentions from day one almost.. I was told he was in love with me.. only me.. you are my one woman he would say.. and I was.. for a fortnight at least.. he asked me to send money over and I asked him to jump off the hotel roof.. neither of these things will happen.. treat it for what it was honey.. they play a good game and can sniff out the vulnerable ones a mile off. He will only do what you let him.. your not the first or the last to have a sore holiday romance.. chin up and plan your next holiday.. next time go into it with your eyes wide open..trust no one.. tunisians are wonderful people but us gulibles are their second jobs lol..hope u feel better soon x

Aslemma

There may be an age difference between you and your husband Scotty but it certainly doesn't show in your wedding photo. You look absolutely gorgeous and anyone who thinks you look disgusting together needs to get their eyes tested.

scotty_bambam

Aww bless you.photos seem to knock a few years off me.lol..now we've got the hard bit.applying for a visa..may be asking in the wrong place but can anyone tell me the quickest/ best way for him to learn English.he found a local nan ( lives in me kef) who wants 140 dinar per month for one and half hrs tuition per week.but j m not sure how good he is.Hubby's English has not improved much in 2 and half years.any help appreciated.

Trulymadlydeeply

Does he speak in English to you? He needs to learn the language not only for a visa but to be able to live and work here. Needs to put a lot of effort into it.

Jane BM

Aww bless you.photos seem to knock a few years off me.lol..now we've got the hard bit.applying for a visa..may be asking in the wrong place but can anyone tell me the quickest/ best way for him to learn English.he found a local nan ( lives in me kef) who wants 140 dinar per month for one and half hrs tuition per week.but j m not sure how good he is.Hubby's English has not improved much in 2 and half years.any help appreciated.
Go online to the British council website, they tell you where you can get the materials etc...

Essem

Staff member
Private schools in Sousse charge about 25dt per hour for one to one tuition and you can choose how many hours you want to study each day/week/month. But this price is for qualified teachers teaching in a class environment. There are other cheaper alternatives around eg more in the class so less to pay. Is this local man a qualified teacher? If not, it's far too much to pay especially in Kef.