Immigration lawyer..how many used one?

scotty_bambam

Hi all,
Was wondering how many of you have used immigration lawyers,how much you paid,and if you think they're worth it.citizens advice charge £300 to check your papers.online other lawyers were saying £1,000 plus?

pbf

I went to enquire with immigration lawyer and it cost £75 consultation fee and then it would have been £850 + vat for there services

scotty_bambam

I went to enquire with immigration lawyer and it cost £75 consultation fee and then it would have been £850 + vat for there services
Thanks.can't afford that !

Jane BM

Hi all,
Was wondering how many of you have used immigration lawyers,how much you paid,and if you think they're worth it.citizens advice charge £300 to check your papers.online other lawyers were saying £1,000 plus?
No, never did. Didn't find it necessary...as long as you go through your paperwork methodically you should be fine.

robynnehm

I don't have the money for a lawyer so also don't see the point if you can do it without... you just have not not doubt yourself I guess and make sure you have EVERYTHING!! I'm.nervous to start the process hehe x but excited to have him here eventually x x

scotty_bambam

I worry because I'm not very computer literate so my typed stuff doesn't look professional and anything handwritten doesn't look neat as I have arthritis in my hands, and how to present stuff.I got a folder and put plastic sleeves with different stiff,then hand written label..I.e.Facebook messages 2012... Or ..visit sep. 2012.. Citizens advice said my papers must be in order..what order? Just don't want yo fail for silly mistake.

robynnehm

Yea i understand x x

pbf

Thanks.can't afford that ![/QUOTEis still not here
No neither could I so never used them Good luck with your application xx My husband is still not here and we have been married now for 5 years It gets very tiring both travelling and trying to think about visa We havent reapplied for visa now for about maybe 2 years Spoke with someone recently who has a friend with aTunisisn husband and she brought him in through Ireland and then on yo Scotland illegally and applied for visa that wsy Dont kmoe if he came into southern or northern Ireland

scotty_bambam

If you go to southern Ireland it'd free.the as route.there's a thread all about it.I wouldn't chance anything illegally

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I went to one they said I had to do the spouse visa again and no chance or ILR/ile (we moved to Tunisia after she had spouse visa).

I just did the spouse visa myself in the end and put in a cheeky hand written not that said please can I have ILE as we have been married for over the required time and had 3 kids.... and got it so people do read the applications

Shazza100

I think it is entirely your choice but I wouldn't be completely reliant on a lawyer and paying a lot of money. You may feel they will do the best job for you, but not necessarily. You seem to understand the situation well and the home office isn't worried about neatness - ask someone to help you type the application if you are unhappy with what you have done. I would not worry about folders etc! Ours got taken out at the visa centre - for our spouse visa after the fiance visa - I learnt and just put a an elastic band around the papers and nothing else. they don't care about presentation at the visa centre as they put it in their own order - best of luck!

B86

As long as you have all the documents I wouldn't use a lawyer, I think the key is send as much info as possible. They will never refuse if you send lots but will refuse if you don't send enough. I did my husbands myself and I have just helped a friend and his visa has accepted after 9 weeks.
The way I organised my papers was in sections so I did a section on our wedding with certificates and pictures, a section on our house, a section on my job etc etc. Hope this helps