In the fine print when booking hotel online

Scoobydoo

Is the Bel Air a bad hotel?

A friend of mine was looking to book for next yr, she asked me about it, but i couldn't help her as never been there or seen it even.

I will pass on info to her if you have any..
Its love rat central station!!!! Its cheap and cheerful....but i wouldnt stay there even if you paid me a million quid!! Its right opposite the british bar (maybe called something else now i think) so its noisy at night on one side....

On the bright side it has bowling!!?? lol Although who goes on holiday to go bowling....

Jellycat

I wonder if you get a different answer when you ask in advance than if you just turn up as an unmarried couple to a pre booked room the point being unmarried sex is against the law there and always has been but the reality is there is loads of it going on and loads of Arab girls are doing it outside marriage too as well as the tourists. To actually stiPulate in advance that they want the business of unmarried couples is saying they officially break the law whereas just allowing the couple to take a room when they show up makes it less official if you know what I mean? I would think they would love you and your fiancé to book 2 rooms instead of one but also quite likely they would rather you booked one room than no rooms. There are so many empty rooms in nearly all the hotels so you would not have a problem booking a 2nd room at the last minute if need be.

Marie1959

Just better to call and ask to be sure you dont have problems when trying to check in because you will lose the cash paid and need to pay for another room if they do start asking questions. Also you have to remember things are changing all the time in Tunisia so what happened before doesnt mesan it will continue to happen.

daffodil

Its love rat central station!!!! Its cheap and cheerful....but i wouldnt stay there even if you paid me a million quid!! Its right opposite the british bar (maybe called something else now i think) so its noisy at night on one side....

On the bright side it has bowling!!?? lol Although who goes on holiday to go bowling....
Thanks for that Scoobydoo, definitely does not sound like the kind of place she should be booking into..... I will tell her, last thing you need on holiday is love rat central.!!!!

Scoobydoo

Thanks for that Scoobydoo, definitely does not sound like the kind of place she should be booking into..... I will tell her, last thing you need on holiday is love rat central.!!!!
No probs....I just looked on tripadvisor (as maybe it got its act together) and this is the last review

"Lovely beaches and weather but the local men are just pervs! The food was horrible too! Watch out for the young local lads they just try it on with all the girls and they are sickening!. " :LOLOLOL so no it hasnt.....lol

DragonZest

Looks like I will have to change the hotel...
Has anyone stayed at Iberostar Solaria or Dar Khayam with tune fiance/ boyfriend? Do you know if they allow?
I think that it will be the same now in most places. Most hotels are tightening up with regards to this as it's against the law and with the new government......well you get the picture. I would call/email the hotel in advance to as them, just say you are trying to find a hotel that allows this and if they agree to it, ask them to send you an email verifying this so you can print it off and take it with you incase you have any problems.

You might just have to book another room in the hotel you have already booked. As you have already paid for him to stay all inclusive then it shouldn't be a problem with you just booking another room only.

marhaba

well as normal we stayed in kaiser and didnt need to show marriage cert. checking in to Riadh palms i needed to show our marriage cert.

As the marhaba hotels now needing marriage certs too. Where as before not needing one. :)

lynn

Just better to call and ask to be sure you dont have problems when trying to check in because you will lose the cash paid and need to pay for another room if they do start asking questions. Also you have to remember things are changing all the time in Tunisia so what happened before doesnt mesan it will continue to happen.
well I know ur right about some of the staff at El Mouradi PEK, the biggest womanisers ever, my daughter was seeing one from there, until we surprised him and guess what, he had 2 g/f staying in the hotel at the same time, and he was not the only 1 playing games too...apart from that I love the hotel but must agree with you on the staff situ. x

Trulymadlydeeply

It has always been law, it is just another way of making money!!!! Reception staff at the Mouradi in Hammamet were more than willing to take money for the Libyans to take their who*es in... :eek: Maybe if you both registered at the police station you would be allowed to stay in the same room?? Just a thought...

missmetal

I've never had any issues, never been asked for our marriage cert ever and even before marriage not had any issues, however my friend booked in the Carlton in Tunis and they asked her for the marriage cert. She went balistic at them and asked if her mum and dad were here checking in would you ask them for the marriage cert and the guy said no. So she said whats the difference then. They then went to a posh 5star to ask what the rules are, and they said its only required for Tunisian Men and Women to be married, not European and Tunisian (not sure how that is fair). They offered them a room but they said it was too expensive. They went back to one of their other hotels in Gammarth (i think it was a radisson) and had no troubles at all.

Hit and miss probably true.

missmetal

Can you just show the family book? I never even had the marriage cert with me. But I had the family book you get when you get married

Mezoo

VIP Member
to any of you married to Tunisians. does not your passport have your husbands name added. seems that would solve it. nour's has my name on it and we have had never any problems at any hotel in all of tunisia(north to south as well small towns) for all these years. what about the name on your passport ??

crazypink

to any of you married to Tunisians. does not your passport have your husbands name added. seems that would solve it. nour's has my name on it and we have had never any problems at any hotel in all of tunisia(north to south as well small towns) for all these years. what about the name on your passport ??
Maybe some havent yet changed their name in their passport?? We have never had problems as both of our passports carry the same surname.

Mezoo

VIP Member
Maybe some havent yet changed their name in their passport?? We have never had problems as both of our passports carry the same surname.
sounds like an answer to me. we changed nour's within a week of getting married. pretty easy, here or in tunisia. done it both places over the years

crazypink

sounds like an answer to me. we changed nour's within a week of getting married. pretty easy, here or in tunisia. done it both places over the years
Alot dont want to pay the £80 renewal until they have too! I wanted to travel in my married name and not book in different names so changed it. Saves so much hassle in the long run.

Mezoo

VIP Member
Alot dont want to pay the £80 renewal until they have too! I wanted to travel in my married name and not book in different names so changed it. Saves so much hassle in the long run.
their "pain the ass" then. we've found it no problem, in all these years. want to be married to a tunisian,? learn and follow the "tunisian rules".....whatever they may be today,,,,,and quit complaining. :cool:...lol cheers :)

gem15

If only it was £80 over here but its not. Im not prepared to pay the amount for a new passport when I have 7 more years left on mine, its just a waste of money. Im quite happy using my maiden until the time comes to renew my passport. xxx :)

huttan

If only it was £80 over here but its not. Im not prepared to pay the amount for a new passport when I have 7 more years left on mine, its just a waste of money. Im quite happy using my maiden until the time comes to renew my passport. xxx :)
Hm thats a lot of money for a passport...here in Sweden it would be around £40....so maybe UK is made of gold anyway?:p (would be fun to hear them explain why it cost the double amount in UK...I mean sweden isnt that far from UK).

gem15

Hm thats a lot of money for a passport...here in Sweden it would be around £40....so maybe UK is made of gold anyway?:p (would be fun to hear them explain why it cost the double amount in UK...I mean sweden isnt that far from UK).
I have just emailed them to see why its double and whats the difference between the two passports to have a major price difference. I have also asked them why do WE have to pay the extra 84TND courier service to Spain when they actaully have the facilities to do passports. If they tell me they are short staffed and cant handle the work load I might just flip out. Processing a passport is far more importanat than processing a visa.

missmetal

their "pain the ass" then. we've found it no problem, in all these years. want to be married to a tunisian,? learn and follow the "tunisian rules".....whatever they may be today,,,,,and quit complaining. :cool:...lol cheers :)
My second marriage, dont think I will ever change my maiden name again. happy to keep it, even if it, wont be traveling to tunisia that often for it to benefit me, happy to carry the marriage cert or family book to prove we're married. However, they dont ask elderly couples, so why ask the young ones in my opinion, it cant be a law, because they would ask everyone then.