In the fine print when booking hotel online

Trulymadlydeeply

I married in July 1996, and was going to Tunisia in the December of that year. All excited I booked my ticket in married name all proud :rolleyes: then realised 2 days before Christmas eve that my passport didn't match and I was travelling on boxing day aaarrrggghhhh....So after numerous phone calls of what was needed I went to Petty France (where they used to issue the passports) with my French copy of our marriage certificate, explained everything they issued me a new passport BUT had translated my name wrong!!!! So I then had to phone BA and explain that my ticket still didn't match my name, I ended up taking my birth certificate, marriage certificate new passport, old passport, and ticket!!!!! 2nd and 3rd letter of my surname are "EU" which they translated to "A" so my name is still different from my now EX and my sons :( Never been questioned in Tunisia when checking in......

Mezoo

VIP Member
I married in July 1996, and was going to Tunisia in the December of that year. All excited I booked my ticket in married name all proud :rolleyes: then realised 2 days before Christmas eve that my passport didn't match and I was travelling on boxing day aaarrrggghhhh....So after numerous phone calls of what was needed I went to Petty France (where they used to issue the passports) with my French copy of our marriage certificate, explained everything they issued me a new passport BUT had translated my name wrong!!!! So I then had to phone BA and explain that my ticket still didn't match my name, I ended up taking my birth certificate, marriage certificate new passport, old passport, and ticket!!!!! 2nd and 3rd letter of my surname are "EU" which they translated to "A" so my name is still different from my now EX and my sons :( Never been questioned in Tunisia when checking in......
that's funny. baptized by fire...)

Trulymadlydeeply

Actually the only time it was sort of looked at was when we went to Dallas....2 and a half hours in immigration did not go down well after that flight :)

missmetal

Actually the only time it was sort of looked at was when we went to Dallas....2 and a half hours in immigration did not go down well after that flight :)
not surprised, I get questioned about my stamps all the time. "why'd you go to Egypt?' lol! Errrrrr, well Mr officer, they have something called pyramids! Big giant triangle things....like the Luxor except it's made from big stones and was built a few thousand years ago!!

Trulymadlydeeply

Oh forgot I did get questioned in King Shaka airport too (is that the right name :confused:)

Essem

Staff member
South Africa I think MM. Truly was there last year.

Mezoo

VIP Member
they do the same to nour. endless questions. has become a real pain in the ass. after all these years coming and going. same questions and delay. shows me they ain't got a clue.(

missmetal

South Africa I think MM. Truly was there last year.
Wow, never knew they renamed it to king Shaka! Kinda cool, he was a pretty amazing worrier.

lainie

missmetal

worrier or warrior, lol???
Hahahaha....probably both in those days. damn, can't blame this one on auto-correct either now!!! I have the same spelling dilemma with stationary and stationery!

Good catch Lainie x

lynn

anyone know anything about the Saadia Hotel?

Trulymadlydeeply

It is King Shaka International, It was apparently moved for the World Cup added 40 mins on to our journey from where it used to be..:) But hey I was sleeping by then loooooooong day x

Jasmine

Middle of nowhere, hotel area.

Midway between Sousse & Monastir.

Been refurbished, food was crap - but its 3 star. Buffet style.

Small hotel, staff was good when i last stayed - although not the same people there now.

lynn

so not worth going there then, thought it was a bit cheap, thanks for the info Jas x

Jasmine

Worth going if you want a quiet break. If you are planning to go into Sousse / Monastir daily i wouldnt stay there. Although the Liberty just down the road is better :D and they were quite cheap last i looked.

lynn

Worth going if you want a quiet break. If you are planning to go into Sousse / Monastir daily i wouldnt stay there. Although the Liberty just down the road is better :D and they were quite cheap last i looked.
nere heard of the liberty who do u book that with? I like kantoui and sousse.

lynn