In the fine print when booking hotel online

C

Cas

I always wonder why Tunisia offer eggs and cake for brekki, and most hotels are the same the choice is scrambled/boiled/fried eggs with a cake? whats this ?
If you check on street vendors Lynn you will see many people having squares of Libanese tray bake, croissants re Continental breakfast with either coffee or often fruit smoothie type drinks. We have sweetened cereals, jam/marmalade on toast, grapefruit and orange juice so same ingredients different combination.

lynn

If you check on street vendors Lynn you will see many people having squares of Libanese tray bake, croissants re Continental breakfast with either coffee or often fruit smoothie type drinks. We have sweetened cereals, jam/marmalade on toast, grapefruit and orange juice so same ingredients different combination.
yea I know that, but not everyone likes eggs or cake, and defo not a good combination in my eyes, at least serve toast or theres no point in going B&B.

C

Cas

Always had selection of breads, croissants, opportunity to make toast in hotels I have ever stayed in along with a wonderful selection of everything else you could imagine. In my favourite cafes also a great deal is petit dejeuner which includes fab fresh juices or smoothies. I go along with when in Rome etc.....

lynn

I'm not a juice drinker I love a tea first thing and some toast, but some hotels don't offer the toast, El Mouradi is not to bad they do a kinda of veggie fry in mornings and they also do toast, but it's gone so expensive to stay at the Mouradi hotels.
I like staying at the hotels, but think I mite go s/c for a change get my man to make the food :)

NetNiet

About staying unmarried together in a hotel room, be aware that there are hotels who did allow it before the Revolution, sometimes did change it after the revolution and don't allow it anymore.

Jasmine

If its the "Law" then it SHOULD be upheld in ALL hotels. Not just some. :mad:

NetNiet

LOL don't forget how this country allways did function and hopefully will change now, but we have to be realistic and to change that kind of things will take time....a lot of time....I personally think it will take generations and even than I think it will not change that system totally. But I stay optimistic and only time can tell....:)

Brownie

yea I know that, but not everyone likes eggs or cake, and defo not a good combination in my eyes, at least serve toast or theres no point in going B&B.
Ah, that great English tradition - expecting the rest of the world to serve toast for breakfast ...... ;)

lynn

Ah, that great English tradition - expecting the rest of the world to serve toast for breakfast ...... ;)
well the rest off the world expect to be sold halal in UK....

Jasmine

???

Have i understood this right? "The rest of the world expect Halal food in the UK" :confused:

If this is how it was meant - do you not think there are BRITISH muslims living in the UK? :rolleyes:

C

Cas

Ha Ha I think it amounts to some pps were meant to travel to many distant shores, love the thrill of the unknown, tantalizing the tastebuds, smelling the aromas of unknown spices and foods and some just like a cuppa and a slice of toast or a toasted teacake. Me, I am in the first category.

Brownie

Ha Ha I think it amounts to some pps were meant to travel to many distant shores, love the thrill of the unknown, tantalizing the tastebuds, smelling the aromas of unknown spices and foods and some just like a cuppa and a slice of toast or a toasted teacake. Me, I am in the first category.
Me too
I was in a hotel last year in Turkey and heard a fellow country woman complaining very loudly that "breakfast is inedible, this place is a disgrace". I looked around confused at the lovely fresh breads, pastries, cheeses, salads, fruit, eggs cooked to order whatever way you wanted, pancakes cooked to order and then I realised what she actually meant was "there's no bacon, sausages or beans". Should have gone to Butlins love .....:D

gem15

If you want english food when you go abroad I suggest you stay in the UK. Going aborad means experimenting with the local cultures and food, its called broadening your horizons.

huttan

Do people really eat that heavy breakfast in England??Bacon, saugages...beans?Americans seem to be much for their pancakes with maple sirap...not much better(sorry but from health point of view...thats food that makes the bloodsugar go sky high like a rocket...sounds dangerous in the long run).

crazypink

Yes i like that halal is sold in the UK as im a british muslim. If it wasnt i would find an alternative - not moan and complain about what wasnt available to me.

I can never understand why people visit beautiful countries all over the world, then moan that they cant get a full english or burger and chips!! If you cant appreciate the delights another country has to offer then why dont you just stay home?!?!

loulou28

People just love something to complain about! Honestly If I am in a lovely country spending most of my days by the sea on a beautiful beach I would not care if the food was not amazing!!! we cannot have it all x

C

Cas

Yes huttan we are having a family Canadian pancake breakfast on Sunday. I have put my foot down and said there must be a big bowl of fresh fruit salad (which they also love). The only healthy pancakes are made from buckwheat, we do always use buttermilk though and they all make fresh fruit juice. In answer to your first question yes many people do still eat a big fried breakfast, we do now and again but grill stuff and use for any frying a tiny amount of olive oil.

loulou28

I guess on holiday you can treat yourself to those occassional feasts!!.. I love pancakes especially the ones from High square with chocolate and banana YUM x

Jasmine

I guess on holiday you can treat yourself to those occassional feasts!!.. I love pancakes especially the ones from High square with chocolate and banana YUM x
My eldest madam likes Strawberry and Banana. Not sure of the combinations with a Banana myself - would rather chocolate and strawberries ;)