income calculation !!!!!!

jhinawi

Does anyone know whether maintenance payments from a former partner of the sponsor can be used when calculating the income requirement when applying for a spouse visa?

Jane BM

Hi, I've just had a look on the UKBA website...it doesn't say anything about maintenance payments as a non income based source, but if you open the appendix that's attached, there's a whole 37 pages worth of info regarding the financial requirements and how it can be calculated...

Financial requirement

Can you apply?
This page explains how you can meet the financial requirement when you apply to come to, or stay, in the UK as the partner of :

a British citizen;
a person settled in the UK; or
a person in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection.
You must meet a financial requirement if you are applying for entry to the UK, permission to stay here or for settlement. If you have children that are not British citizens or settled here that you want to live with you in the UK, you will need to meet a higher financial requirement.

You can meet the financial requirement through:

the income from employment or self employment of your sponsor;
the income from your employment or self employment if you are in the UK;
certain income from sources other than employment, such as rent from property;
state or private pensions of you and your sponsor;
maternity allowances or bereavement benefits received in the UK; or
cash savings over a certain level (the amount of savings that you need to have will depend the level of other income that you and your sponsor have . If you are applying to enter the UK, you will need to have a higher level of savings than if you are applying to extend your stay).
How much income do I need to have?
You must have an income of at least £18,600.

If you are sponsoring a child as well as a partner you will need an income of at least £22,400.

For each additional child being sponsored you will need an additional income of £2,400. For example, if you are you are bringing 2 children with you to the United Kingdom, you must have and income of £22,400 and £2,400 for the additional child, so a total of £24,800.

You will be required to provide documents to show that you can meet the financial requirement. The way you meet the requirement will be different, depending on whether you are applying from inside or outside the UK.

Exemptions
You will be exempt from the new financial requirement if your sponsor receives a specified disability-related benefit or carer's allowance in the UK. You will need to show that your sponsor can maintain and accommodate you without access to public funds.

For more information about the financial requirement and the evidence we need, read Annex FM 1.7 - Financial requirement, which you can find on the right side of this page. It is guidance for our staff.

Jane BM

It's the annex FM 1.7 you need to have a read through...

lynn

I would have thourght that it can't be used, because their excuse will be, it's for the children...

Donasterian

plz note that the income of £18,600 is before any deductions and not your take home pay, some of my wage slips had zero take home pay due to the fact that i had to take holidays without pay. you have to be on a pay rate above £357 pw in order to meet the requirement...

Jane BM

Seems child maintenance can be included....

(b) Promises of third party support will not be accepted. Third party support will only be accepted in the form of:

(i) maintenance payments from a former partner of an applicant in relation to the applicant and former partner's child or children or in relation to the applicant;
(ii) income from a dependent child who has turned 18, remains in the same UK household as the applicant and continues to be counted towards the financial requirement under Appendix FM;
(iii) gift of cash savings (whose souce must be declared) evidenced

jhinawi

it's seem like it can b included only for the applicant not the sponsor :(

Jane BM

real madrid

hello evryone i have question about exemption from financial requirment and income calculation plzz.
my wife is on DLA and ESA so she dont have to earn 18.600 but we still have to meet the requirment through adequate maintenance.

.can we meet the financial requirments by this way ??
my wife earn:
dla 377 pnd a month
360 pnd a month from employment
this income is net after tax and evrythink also she dont pay rent cause she own the house.
and she get 244 pnd evry 2 weeks from ESA but i think ESA cannnot be counted as income

real madrid

i saw in benifit rates poster 2013 /2014 i saw that Income Support & income-based JSA of coupel
both over 18 is 112.55 pnd a week is that means if we can show 112 pnd a week net after every think we can meet the fianancial requirments?

Jane BM

hello evryone i have question about exemption from financial requirment and income calculation plzz.
my wife is on DLA and ESA so she dont have to earn 18.600 but we still have to meet the requirment through adequate maintenance.

.can we meet the financial requirments by this way ??
my wife earn:
dla 377 pnd a month
360 pnd a month from employment
this income is net after tax and evrythink also she dont pay rent cause she own the house.
and she get 244 pnd evry 2 weeks from ESA but i think ESA cannnot be counted as income
Have you seen my post above Real Madrid...have you looked on the UKBA site and the appendix I mentioned to see what benefits can be used and what can't. I'm afraid I've no experience of this as I don't receive benefits.