Institut Bourguiba des Langues Vivantes

Littlebirdlolita

Hey everyone, aslemah!

My first post here, so hi =D

Anyway, I came to ask about studying in Tunisia. I have friends there and i've wanted to learn Arabic for such a long time!

I read online that there is an intensive summer course at the Institut Bourguiba des Langues Vivantes! I am so interested in doing it! Desperate in fact! Haha

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with how this uni works? Or what visas I would need, etc etc? Just general info really?

I haven't studied at university here, so don't have any qualifications past A Levels, would that affect the likelihood of them accepting me? And also, i'm from the Uk, just so everyone knows. =)

So yea, anything really, throw it at me =D

C

Cas

Welcome here Littlebirdlolita, Sounds as if you really are into learning Arabic, am sure someone will be in with the info you need, it is on here on a thread I remember, maybe try doing a search also.

Littlebirdlolita

Thank you =) I did try a search but perhaps I was just being slow. Haha I'll have another look! Yea, I really want to learn. I've already got a few really basic Tunisian phrases down because of my friends but I want to be fluent. Every time I hear the language, it always sounds amazing! So, yea, definitely want to learn. Haha

stm

Thank you =) I did try a search but perhaps I was just being slow. Haha I'll have another look! Yea, I really want to learn. I've already got a few really basic Tunisian phrases down because of my friends but I want to be fluent. Every time I hear the language, it always sounds amazing! So, yea, definitely want to learn. Haha
Ok i don't if u want to learn arabic? or Tunisia Arabic??
It true that our familial language(what ijust called Tunisian arabic) comes from the Arabic Language,, but it containts many word that didn't comme from Arabic,,, so if you want to learn Tunisian Arabic, there is no school for that intead the real contact with tunisian people :)
and "Marhaba Bik fi Tounes" (That means you are welcome In Tunisia)

Essem

Staff member
Hi stm,

The private language schools up in Hammam Sousse and Sousse teach Tunisian Arabic.

stm

Hi stm,
The private language schools up in Hammam Sousse and Sousse teach Tunisian Arabic.
Really?, i have never heard about somthing like that.So i 'm sorry for the wrong information i just gave. :)

Essem

Staff member
No problem at all stm. Contact with the locals is an excellent way of learning the language, whichever country you are in.

Out of curiosity, I recently bought on of the fairly newly published Tunisian Arabic books that are being advertised but, having had a few lessons privately on a one to one basis and also at school, I think that for complete beginners it's difficult, especially the pronunciation part of it - perhaps a CD to accompany it with sounds and to hear the language would be a better idea. Maybe there are some??

I think I read somewhere that the author, Mohamed Bacha, linguist and writer, is from Bizerte.

For a list of his books go to: http://www.amazon.com/Mohamed-Bacha/e/B00GOLSGM8

stm

Yes it's better to use CDs.But i don't have any idea where we find such CDs'.I don't know this Writer.i'm sorry