International Transfers from Tunisia to the UK

Waqar

Sallam all.
Apologies if this has already been answered and if I repeat myself.
We are considering opening a bakery in Tunisia.
We would deposit our takings/profits into a Tunisian bank- is it then possible for us to withdraw/transfer this money in the UK (via a Bank Transfer/Western union/ Moneygram / ATM card)
If so what type of account would we need to open..are they are any restrictions on amount, frequency, and what if any rules are there to this process.
Would it make it easier if I opened the account with my wife (we will not be living there to begin with)

My wife is Tunisian but has a British passport and I am a British citizen.

Thanks
Waqar

Scottochott

My understanding this would only be possible if you set it up as a foreign offshore business, but not totally sure. You should check with the local API and your bank there.

Waqar

Thanks Scottochott- Taking the business out of the equation for the time being- (as to being with we will be trading out of our house) is it possible to transfer money out of the country with my wife's circumstances...everywhere seems to be a dead end...

Scottochott

Thanks Scottochott- Taking the business out of the equation for the time being- (as to being with we will be trading out of our house) is it possible to transfer money out of the country with my wife's circumstances...everywhere seems to be a dead end...
Not to my knowledge (at least legally! You may be able to find someone in Tunisia who would take dinars and pay you in hard currency in Europe!). The point is you would need to do it through a foreign company, the dinar as a closed currency is not exportable. I believe Tunisians living abroad have an allowance they can take out, but I don't know the details. I think you need to enquire with the banks and authorities in Tunisia.