Irish Consulate in Tunis!!!

layla daly

I am just wondering if anyone has had the terrible experience my partner and I have had with this woman 'Latifa' who is the Irish Consulate in Tunis.. i am currently having her investigated by an Irish Government Official after she has done my partner a massive injustice regarding his Visa Application, I would be so grateful to hear anyone's story who has had a problem with this woman and also welcome any advise... i cant go into to much detail on the public forum but will answer any questions in private mail.. Thanks

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Layla.

Sorry to hear that you've had a really bad experience with this official.

Hope you manage to sort it out.

layla daly

Thank you! :)

lainie

welcome layla
hope you get justice

MellieC

welcome to the forum.

there are not too many irish on here, so you might have to wait a while, i hope that whatever the problem it is now resolved.

traceyyou

I am just wondering if anyone has had the terrible experience my partner and I have had with this woman 'Latifa' who is the Irish Consulate in Tunis.. i am currently having her investigated by an Irish Government Official after she has done my partner a massive injustice regarding his Visa Application, I would be so grateful to hear anyone's story who has had a problem with this woman and also welcome any advise... i cant go into to much detail on the public forum but will answer any questions in private mail.. Thanks
Hi layla daly
I'm irish and we recently got our settlement visa... we did most of it our selves cause i found her not to be very helpful any time i called but she did seem to help my husband when he spoke to her if i can help with anything pm me will be glad to help... we got our visa in a week so i can't complain.

layla daly

Its a holiday visa we are looking for as i want him to experience the culture and the country before we marry.. we also did the application ourselves but i found out through an e-mail she sent to me with a link i was not meant to see, that she did not not include half of the documents which were given to her for the Visa application, she was so obnoxious to him he is reluctant to make another application, its along story.. I'm happy everything went so smooth for you and your husband.. is he happy here now? :)

traceyyou

Its a holiday visa we are looking for as i want him to experience the culture and the country before we marry.. we also did the application ourselves but i found out through an e-mail she sent to me with a link i was not meant to see, that she did not not include half of the documents which were given to her for the Visa application, she was so obnoxious to him he is reluctant to make another application, its along story.. I'm happy everything went so smooth for you and your husband.. is he happy here now? :)
No he's coming in march i dont know what you need for holiday visa we just got the settlement... i do know that ours is alot easier than the british one not sure why she would be like that... what part of ireland are you from?

layla daly

I'm from Dublin.. which part are you? you must be so excited for your husband coming in March. :)

traceyyou

I'm from Dublin.. which part are you? you must be so excited for your husband coming in March. :)
yes i can't wait after 4 years its finally happening we'll be together... I'm from cork i know a few from dublin... So Whats happening in regard your visa? Pm me if you like i might be able to help or even to talk to..

crazypink

My friends from just outside Dublin - her husband will join her soon Inshallah. She is from Bray.

lainie

my mum was born and lived in bray til she was 12

Jane BM

My mom and her 22 (yes 22) brothers and sisters were all born in Dublin (Killiney) until most of them were about 15 and then ran away and got the boat over....think was quite commonplace in those days..........lol

layla daly

No he's coming in march i dont know what you need for holiday visa we just got the settlement... i do know that ours is alot easier than the british one not sure why she would be like that... what part of ireland are you from?

layla daly

yes i can't wait after 4 years its finally happening we'll be together... I'm from cork i know a few from dublin... So Whats happening in regard your visa? Pm me if you like i might be able to help or even to talk to..
I've been trying to pm you but it wont let me.. maybe if u send me a msg in pm it will let me reply... thanks :oops:

ooahmed

hi can u give me you email i need to talk with you because i have a lot of thing for ask u

ooahmed

I've been trying to pm you but it wont let me.. maybe if u send me a msg in pm it will let me reply... thanks :oops:
hi i have a problem with Latifa until now my wife from Ireland , i rrefuse 2 time from this embassy in tunisia and i can't be with my wife together until now i can't go to make a holiday there so u can help me

ROULLA

:):)
My mom and her 22 (yes 22) brothers and sisters were all born in Dublin (Killiney) until most of them were about 15 and then ran away and got the boat over....think was quite commonplace in those days..........lol
Hi Jane hope that you are well! Did you say 22? ?? BLIMEY thats the largest family I've ever heard of. They obviously didn't have a TV. Must be really nice but extremely expensive to have such a large family. Sorry emoticons not working on my phone.

Jane BM

:):)
Hi Jane hope that you are well! Did you say 22? ?? BLIMEY thats the largest family I've ever heard of. They obviously didn't have a TV. Must be really nice but extremely expensive to have such a large family. Sorry emoticons not working on my phone.
Morning Roulla....yes all fine thanks. Yes you read right...lol....staunch Irish Catholics so was actually quite the norm at the time....not so sure if my Mom or her siblings would agree it was so nice to have soooooo many!! Think my gran had to rule the place with a rod of iron...:eek:

YouOnlyLive Once!

i am Irish and my partner had to deal with Latifa .... we didn't have any real problems, just the usual person in authority - chose when she spoke to you, doesn't often answer the phone, not that friendly but tbh it happens a lot so we weren't expecting anything different! But there wasn't any issues with the actual visa processing. They don't process any visas in Tunis its just the office to collect them and to drop the application in