Is five weeks to soon to get a reply

bascar

Its been five weeks since we put in out application and my husband has a call from the embassy today to collect his passport ... they said he could go tomorrow or monday ... no specific time. Obviously hes going in the morning.... this seems quite quick and now for the first time I am panicking that its a no .... what does everyone think ?????

The next 24 hours are going to be hell !

Essem

Staff member
Could be either or really bascar. The waiting is always the worst part so stay positive and let us know what happens.

Good luck! x

Jane BM

Its been five weeks since we put in out application and my husband has a call from the embassy today to collect his passport ... they said he could go tomorrow or monday ... no specific time. Obviously hes going in the morning.... this seems quite quick and now for the first time I am panicking that its a no .... what does everyone think ?????

The next 24 hours are going to be hell !
I've heard a couple the last few weeks who've had replies in that kind of time frame rather than the 3 months. They were both positive decisions, so try really hard not to panic or second guess, as hard as that is. Best of luck. Xxx

Trulymadlydeeply

Bascar if you ticked all the boxes there is no reason why it shouldn't be a YES someone isn't going to sleep tonight..!! Best wishes...

Aslemma

Does anyone know why we keep getting blooming adverts right across some posts? There is no way to delete or move them and if one clicks on the advert in the hope that you can then close it, it is promptly replaced by another in exactly the same place!! Just now Essem's post is covered by one for Fisher Investment, replacing the previous one for Stansted Airport. :grumpy:

Essem

Staff member
I think the Fisher investment one is a google ad Aslemma ass I have it on mine too but it's at the top of the page not blocking anything.

Which style chooser are you using? I'm using Tunisia [UI.X]. To find this, go to bottom left hand corner of this page, and you'll see which one you have. If it's not the above, click on the box and choose it. Some of the others have had similar issues, don't like the new design and have reverted back to one of the others - personal choice really.

Some ads can be traced back to something you've searched for so, if that's the case, try clearing the cookies and the cache on your pc.

Hope this helps.

bascar

Just to update you .. there was some confusion and later on yesterday my husband had a call from paris and had to answer loads of questions ..... I had the same call this morning ..and at the end the guy said they would be making a decision today and we should hear in the next few days .... Now I am in complete meltdown ... I spelt his fathers name wrong and the town where he was born ....I was just in a flat panic !!! ... do you think these errors will cause a problem, and is it normal for us to receive calls ?? I wasnt expecting it ? ..

bascar

Jane did the positive outcomes get a call do you know? ... Truly ... I think we tick all of the boxes and exceed the financial requirements ... I have given them everything they asked for and used a solicitor ... but Im still so worried !!

Trulymadlydeeply

I do know applicants that have been called just double checking I suppose. I wouldn't worry too much about those little slip ups..

Jane BM

Jane did the positive outcomes get a call do you know? ... Truly ... I think we tick all of the boxes and exceed the financial requirements ... I have given them everything they asked for and used a solicitor ... but Im still so worried !!
It's not unusual for them lately to make a call like Truly says....just to clarify a few things or make a couple requests.

And YES they've still been successful....lol...xx

Aslemma

Which style chooser are you using? I'm using Tunisia [UI.X]. To find this, go to bottom left hand corner of this page, and you'll see which one you have. If it's not the above, click on the box and choose it. .
Thanks Essem. I've now got Tunisia ULX and apart from the very prominent ad for Very at the top of the r/h column the only other one (for parking at Stansted) at least comes in between the posts rather than across them. I shall have to wait and see if the adverts stay that way or revert back.

bascar

Just wanted to get your thoughts again as I am going out of my mind worrying ! after the calls we received on April 4th (the guy said he was making a decision that day and we should hear in a few day) I had an email requesting a bank statement that i was sure i had included .... i scanned it over within the hour... since then nothing !!! I did email the enquiry service and on the 14th I got a rather snooty email back saying that I must be patient and we would hear in a few days ... since then nothing !!! Im so frustrated, and would love your thoughts... does it sound negative ??? and should I email them again ?? ... all kinds of things are going through my head :(

Essem

Staff member
Hi Bascar

What a shame you're having to sit this out for so long.

They're obviously dealing with it at the moment and they've also had a holiday weekend so I'd tend to leave it as it is for a few more days. Not easy but try to stay patient and, above all, positive.

Good luck!

Jane BM

Hi Bascar...it's been about 8 weeks yes? PERFECTLY NORMAL....lol...

Delia35

We waited 14 weeks! I hope by now you have heard. The waiting is horrible I totally understand your anxiety.

mrsmannai

excuse my ignorance, but pls bear wit me(since i not from the u.k ;) i have been reading tis thread, and dont understand the connection for bascar. i mean if she is british(or you r if u read thuis:) why your husband get a call from paris ? can someone still my curiosity... btw, hope everything did sort out for you bascar :)

Delia35

UKBA visas are processed now in Paris. That's why she got a call from there.

mrsmannai

UKBA visas are processed now in Paris. That's why she got a call from there.
thx Delia35 for making this clear ;) i am just this person when wondering something, gotta know lol :)

bascar

Hi everyone ...I just thought i would update you ......after getting so stressed about not hearing anything I decided to book a flight (squeeze an extra visit in ;) )... so I am in Tunisia now and my husband and I went to the new VAC in Tunis on Tuesday ...we just thought we would see if they could give us any information.... They would only let my husband in so I waited outside... he came out with his documants and his passport ...with his VISA in it !!!!!! yippppeeee
But guess what it was issued on the day i received the call from Paris !!! April 4th ..... we had no phone call, no email nothing !!! so my advice to anyone waiting is to just go there and ask ! ..
So I am very happy now that we can start our life together properly !! and the application inreal terms only took about 6 weeks .... if only their communication was better ... I have booked flights and we will be coming on the 23rd May ... can anyone tell me whether he has to pay the departure tax ???
And thanks so much for all your advice and support !!!

Essem

Staff member
Great news bascar.

Shocking that you've lost about one month of your time. When we they going to let you know?

And they get away with it :rolleyes: