Is marriage possible..............

Essem

Staff member
Is marriage possible between Tunisian man and European woman if woman is overstayer here ie non-resident, or would she have to leave the country and come back in??

Aslemma

Is there something you haven't told us Essem? You know you've got to give me time to get a new hat before you get married. :D

DARK ANGEL

I don't think she need to leave the country (i think u mean Tunisia) then she can marry her Tunisian fiancé !Are you the bride Essem ?

Trulymadlydeeply

I doubt it very much eh Essem lol...

I cannot see how the over stayer would be able to get all the necessary documents from her hometown to get married? ie new birth certificate..

DARK ANGEL

Also i think if any tourist overstayed his visit to Tunisia for few months ,they make him pay the cost of visa , i am not sure !So maybe , she can't marry her Tunisian boy in her actual situation!

Essem

Staff member
Is there something you haven't told us Essem? You know you've got to give me time to get a new hat before you get married. :D
Also i think if any tourist overstayed his visit to Tunisia for few months ,they make him pay the cost of visa , i am not sure !So maybe , she can't marry her Tunisian boy in her actual situation!
lolol
Never in a million years - anyway I'm resident, can't stop laughing...........

Essem

Staff member
Yes you're correct DA the cost of overstaying would have to be paid on exiting Tunisia.

Essem

Staff member
I doubt it very much eh Essem lol...

I cannot see how the over stayer would be able to get all the necessary documents from her hometown to get married? ie new birth certificate..
Valid point Truly, thanks/ Xx

DARK ANGEL

Aslemma

I can't help laughing either Essem but I thought it best to check. ;)

gem15

Surely the birth cert can be brought over by someone and the CONI can be done here. Don't know if a decree of absolute is needed and if so what's needed for her to have it!

Essem

Staff member
So in the event of her having the docs required, are passports checked and, if so, and if she were found to be an over stayer, would that affect things? Are passports checked (entry dates etc)?

DARK ANGEL

So in the event of her having the docs required, are passports checked and, if so, and if she were found to be an over stayer, would that affect things? Are passports checked (entry dates etc)?
she is overstayed for how many time ?

Essem

Staff member
Not sure exactly DA but more than a year. Xx

gem15

I think asking the beladiya would be your best option.

Jane BM

My passport was copied when we got married, but not the entry/exit pages, just the ID page.