Islam Conversion in Tunis

lamia

ello !
any idea what questions/ what kind of exam Mufti (grand Mufti in Tunis) usually asks to people who want to convert to Islam in Tunisia ??

thanks !

rabah

ello !
any idea what questions/ what kind of exam Mufti (grand Mufti in Tunis) usually asks to people who want to convert to Islam in Tunisia ??

thanks !
There is no exam per say. It is usually a brief talk followed by the potential convert(s) repeating the Shahadatain (first pillar of Islam). It's preferred that the potential converts learn it by heart before showing up. This can be done at the mufti's office or at any mosque with an officially appointed Imam.
The office of the mufti is where the certificate of conversion is issued and at the mosque, you'll learn how to apply for one and what is required.

Trulymadlydeeply

Who is this for lamia?

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
  • Speak to you local Tunisian embassy they will give you a form and make your appointment.
  • You and a Muslim advocate (my father in law for me) will go to your meeting
  • You will recite Fatiha a small sura and he will ask about prayers wudu and then hold you hand for shahada
  • You then get a certificate and take the esculator on the right straight to heaven.

Jane BM

• Speak to you local Tunisian embassy they will give you a form and make your appointment.
  • You and a Muslim advocate (my father in law for me) will go to your meeting
  • You will recite Fatiha a small sura and he will ask about prayers wudu and then hold you hand for shahada
  • You then get a certificate and take the esculator on the right straight to heaven.
Love the last bit....where do I sign up!! Lol

Mezoo

VIP Member

Dorito

You then get a certificate and take the esculator on the right straight to heaven.
Brilliant!

Dorito

for my husband Trulymadlydeeply , thanks rabah ^^
Rabah and lamia, there is no requirement for you lamia to become a Muslim, please be careful about what you think and do, if you want to get married to a Tunisian you do not have convert/revert to become a Muslim. In answer to your original question why didn't the Tunisian Muslim cleric answer your questions?

Last edited:

Dorito

Did anyone receive my link?

Trulymadlydeeply

I think lamia means her husband is converting..

Dorito

Ok.

Dorito

in the meantime did any of you guys receive my link , it took me endless hours of looking through the other site's comments? of which many were blocked here!!

rabah

Rabah and lamia, there is no requirement for you lamia to become a Muslim, please be careful about what you think and do, if you want to get married to a Tunisian you do not have convert/revert to become a Muslim. In answer to your original question why didn't the Tunisian Muslim cleric answer your questions?
If only you spent 2 seconds reading the message above from Lamia to Truly...

stm

In Islam,Muslim have to marry a beleiver, that swares that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammed is his messenger.

Last edited:

mrsmannai

In Islam,Muslim have to marry a beleiver, that swares that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammed is his messenger.
salaam. maybe i misunderstand this, but for a man , he can marry a believer. there is nothing that requires she needs to be musulman. she can be catholic, cristian, buddhist etc ... a woman on the other hand, needs to marry a musulman, tht means any muslim woman wanna marry etranger, the man must convert to Islam.

DARK ANGEL

salaam. maybe i misunderstand this, but for a man , he can marry a believer. there is nothing that requires she needs to be musulman. she can be catholic, cristian, buddhist etc ... a woman on the other hand, needs to marry a musulman, tht means any muslim woman wanna marry etranger, the man must convert to Islam.
Yes , it's true muslim woman marry foreign man but after he convert to Islam

stm

Salem,:)
No you understood me well .Convertion to islam ,is needed in the to cases.This is mentionned is the Sunnah , and in Quran.
[Verse 221 Chapter 2 (Surat Baqara) In the Quran.] :)

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
There is no exam per say. It is usually a brief talk followed by the potential convert(s) repeating the Shahadatain (first pillar of Islam). It's preferred that the potential converts learn it by heart before showing up. This can be done at the mufti's office or at any mosque with an officially appointed Imam.
The office of the mufti is where the certificate of conversion is issued and at the mosque, you'll learn how to apply for one and what is required.

I have done this and its all in the articles

You have to book he appointment via the embassy and they set it up with the ministry of religion in Tunis.

http://www.tunisia.com/tunisia-articles/marrying-a-tunisian-woman-when-you-are-not-tunisian.84/

The rules as always can change

rabah

salaam. maybe i misunderstand this, but for a man , he can marry a believer. there is nothing that requires she needs to be musulman. she can be catholic, cristian, buddhist etc ... a woman on the other hand, needs to marry a musulman, tht means any Muslim woman wanna marry etranger, the man must convert to Islam.[/QUOTE
I believe a see a bit of confusion regarding Muslim men marrying women from other faiths. Quoran(2:221) talks about وَلَا تَنكِحُوا۟ ٱلْمُشْرِكَٰتِ حَتَّىٰ يُؤْمِنَّ "do not marry polytheistic women until they believe...". Polytheistic women are ones who believe in multiple deities and those are the ones Muslim men are not allowed to marry. Happy mid- Ramadan's eve to all.