Islam Conversion in Tunis

Aysha

What a load of nonsense, nothing here constitutes scientific facts only discovered recently, merely basic observations that can be tenuously linked to vague descriptions. A prime example of people believing what they want to and seeing 'truths' where there are none. All you have done is prove that religious texts are all things to all people, anyone can pluck out a passage and insert their own meaning.
you know the ignorance in this world makes me laugh..... if Islam and the Quran so man made why is it the fastest growing religion in the world? even though Muslims are being persecuted around the world.... it still grows everyday!!!

Aysha

oh and scottochott out of curiosity are you married or in a relationship with a Tunisian?

Scottochott

you know the ignorance in this world makes me laugh..... if Islam and the Quran so man made why is it the fastest growing religion in the world? even though Muslims are being persecuted around the world.... it still grows everyday!!!
Well at least we can agree on the amount of ignorance in the world!

missmetal

if you going to point the finger at the whole muslim Ummah because of some past empire then believe me I can bring up a few too so lets not go down that route!!

as for being forced to convert wtf!!! why would you be with a man that forces you into something you do not want?????????? I married a Tunisian Muslim because I am a muslim! would I marry a non muslim? no! because I will not convert for no one!!
Trouble is Aysha, when the Tunisian muslim I talk to talk about their religion...they like to bring up the glory days of the golden age and how great it was with the ottoman empire.

Therefore I am not pointing the finger at the whole muslim world based off the past, I am 'referencing' it because people of the muslim world (not all, let me be clear) have made references to them in the past to in their arguments to promote how fantastic Islam is. My references are to prove otherwise and it wont be useful if I dont give examples.

As for marrying someone who 'forces' you to do x or y. Well im not sure how old you are but that just says immature to me. My aunt was not beaten by my uncle when they were just boyfriend and girlfriend. The abuse started after, in fact years after they married. Mental abuse is slow and you dont always know its happening to you.

Do you think the Nigerian girls who were forced to convert to avoid death by the boko haram group had the choice to leave? Do you think the women in north pakistan who are prevented from going out at all and if they do have to be fully covered, have any choices in their lives.

These might be cultural problems, not religions fault, but when you celebrate the numbers of islamic converters, you might be surprised when you hear that many do it out of pressure or to keep their relationships.

Despite being a westerner, there are many muslim girls who dont want to marry another muslim but they are forced to, otherwise they suffer various consequences from there families and community....in some cases death!

missmetal

Its growing because there's a lot of people who are lost in the world and need some form of structure. The Catholic church as not done themselves any favors over the last 20yrs.

The islamic faith also gives rise to those youths and some adults who are displaced looking for an outlet to be angry at someone and use religion to justify their actions. Lets face it, its not like they see the faith for its real purpose, they see it only for its militant purpose/benefits.

Whilst the islamic faith grows, so does the group who are agnostic. Still 7million people in the world, and you only have 1.6 of them.

Mezoo

VIP Member
boy o boy I'd...... :blackalien:

stm

http://www.missionislam.com/science/book.htm

this link has all references from the Holy Quran
So nice :) Thanks Aysha.I talked with mismetal for days here, and she didn't convinced me with one scientific argument,,i challenged her two times but she didn't win the challenge although i was alone with my point of view....
MisMetal all my respects for u , but i still not convinced with ur point of view,, i gave up because i saw that u don't really want to discuss and change some incorrect views that u have, u just want to impose it anyway.

Last edited:

missmetal

All due respect to you too but I believe it was you that was trying to convince me that their is scientific proof in the quran. I told you I had been shown stuff and I am not convinced.

Why would I try change your beliefs. You have to come to your own common sense of what is logical. It's not up to me to change your thinkin especially since I said I have no interest in debating with you. You won nothing, I was not debating.

Sorry to burst your little bubble but try at least speak honestly about the conversation we had. I will repeat, I had no intention on trying to convince you of anything. I only told you my opinion.

So nice :) Thanks Aysha.I talked with mismetal for days here, and she didn't convinced me with one scientific argument,,i challenged her two times but she didn't win the challenge although i was alone with my point of view....
MisMetal all my respects for u , but i still not convinced with ur point of view,, i gave up because i saw that u don't really want to discuss and change some incorrect views that u have, u just want to impose it anyway.