K1 Fiance visa

Jamie

Hi everyone,

My name is Jamie and I am in need of some advice. My fiance is Tunisian and we would like to get married and live here in the United States. I have a trip planned for the end of next month to visit Tunisia and meet his family. When I return we would like to start the process of obtaining a K1 visa. Is there anyone that has advise on this? Anyone that has been through this? I would appreciate any input that would help us along the way. Thanks :)

Jamie

Hi Jamie I sent you a messsgae. You can contact me anytime. :)

Trulymadlydeeply

Welcome to the forum Jamie, there is a thread that has all the documentation that you need for the United States regarding visas, I will try and remember where it is!!! :oops:

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Jamie.

Will this be your first visit to Tunisia?

Jamie

Essem,

It will be my first visit to Tunisia. I am very excited. Thank you for your kind words. :)

Jamie

Welcome to the forum Jamie, there is a thread that has all the documentation that you need for the United States regarding visas, I will try and remember where it is!!! :oops:
I have been looking around the website and have found some valuable information. Thank you :)

Mezoo

VIP Member
they'll want to know how well you know each other. er, a, do you know the color of his toothbrush??? :)...welcome to the forum and tunisia Jamie! you will find out tons of information you need for his fiance visa here in the forum. the rest you'll be smart to go to the embassy for a visit while your in tunisia, though they will probably just say go to the website. you'll be able, if successful, to have him enter and you will then have 90 days which to get married if it's still like before. we did K1, 25 years ago.....:D

HEATHER DAUGHERTY

Hello i am actually in the same situation as Jamie im from the usa and he is from Tunisia i just returned mon from a 10 day trip there loved it didnt want to leave... and we got engaged while i was there.... we have met through best friends of ours that we both have know for over 10 years and so i would like to start the fiance visa process its this difficult should i concult an attorney? Jamie where in Tunisia are you going if u dont mind me asking ?

HEATHER DAUGHERTY

Hi everyone,

My name is Jamie and I am in need of some advice. My fiance is Tunisian and we would like to get married and live here in the United States. I have a trip planned for the end of next month to visit Tunisia and meet his family. When I return we would like to start the process of obtaining a K1 visa. Is there anyone that has advise on this? Anyone that has been through this? I would appreciate any input that would help us along the way. Thanks :)

Jamie
Hello i am actually in the same situation as Jamie im from the usa and he is from Tunisia i just returned mon from a 10 day trip there loved it didnt want to leave... and we got engaged while i was there.... we have met through best friends of ours that we both have know for over 10 years and so i would like to start the fiance visa process its this difficult should i concult an attorney? Jamie where in Tunisia are you going if u dont mind me asking ?

NetNiet

Essem,

It will be my first visit to Tunisia. I am very excited. Thank you for your kind words. :)
Hi Jamie, welcome here!

Didn't you meet your future husband than in real life....?

Essem

Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum Heather.

HEATHER DAUGHERTY

i spoke with an attorney today who helped my friend out with a similar situaion very expensive was wondering do i need an attorney or could i do this on my own