La marsa and gammarth

Madfortunisia

hi all I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if anyone could help me, I'm due to fly to Tunisia next Thursday, I'm staying in gammarth and I was wondering if anyone has been there or la marsa and can give me an idea on things to do while I'm there. Trip advisor is very limited for those particular towns
TIA

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Will you be renting a car?

I say this as in Gammarth its mostly hotels but if you can drive then northern tunis opens up for you.

http://www.tunisia.com/area-guides

I did some guides for these places but they have not been updated for a while and the cafes and restaurants change constantly.

Must visits are the ruins of carthage, sidi bou said and the bardo museum.

Then I guess its what you want to to do as there are are loads of cafes and resturants but they are often driving to. There are even a few nightclubs if thats you thing.

Madfortunisia

Thank you for your response, no I won't be renting a car I'm far to scared of the driving over there hahaha public transport for me all the way!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Taxis are not expensive in Tunisia either it may be more fun getting one from the hotel and leaving the details with reception.

I did buses for a while and it was a pain.

Aslemma

I quite like the buses as not only are they incredibly cheap but you meet interesting people, though I have only used one from Sousse to Mahdia. Louages are another interesting and cheap way to get around Tunisia.

Madfortunisia

So not long been back and had an amazing week, visited quite a few difference places and experienced my very first train ride! Haha vey cheap way to travel!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
So not long been back and had an amazing week, visited quite a few difference places and experienced my very first train ride! Haha vey cheap way to travel!
Great to hear!