LAICO Hotel Hammamet (EX Karthago)

Trulymadlydeeply

Afternoon all,

Has anyone stayed at this hotel or know anything about it. Any reviews greatly appreciated..........:)

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I have visited a number of times and its a Tunisian 5 star. Its a very good position next to the beach and opposite the marina (though you do have to walk over a road to get to both).

http://www.tunisia.com/things-to-do/hotel/hammamet/laico-hammamet-formally-karthago

Its Laico (libyan investment company) and ex Kartago (Presidents in laws) so as you would expect its expensively built.

Its nice inside but very large so if you get a good price then (yasmine being dead in winter aside) its a nice based for the area and a good hotel.

K

Trulymadlydeeply

Well change of hotel, was liking the idea of Laico after googling it!! Now we are staying in Gammarth at the Miramar carthage Thalasso....must say it looks even better :)

Essem

Staff member
Oh Truly it looks out of this world - hope you're planning a pamper or two ..or three ..whilst you are there!

Black Mamba

Well change of hotel, was liking the idea of Laico after googling it!! Now we are staying in Gammarth at the Miramar carthage Thalasso....must say it looks even better :)
Good choice.

Soltef

Waht's Gammarth like?Is there much to do around there?I gather there is a nudist beach there,if anyone's interested,lol!

Trulymadlydeeply

Ooh not me :D :D

Stayed in Gammarth the year I met my Ex (1995!!!) have been there since but not stayed for any length of time. What is there to do BM???

Black Mamba

You'll be near La Marsa, Carthage, Sidi Bou, I think I said enough :D

Oh just minutes to Tunis ;)

I suggest visiting: The Carthage museum, The Saint Louis Cathedral in Carthage, The Bardo museum, and the SPA!!

That's the church

Trulymadlydeeply

Treatments definitely Essem, a pamper is well needed. :)

EX did say he would rent a house in Sidi Bou said (he knows I love it) but when he said the name of the Hotel, I was in no doubt!!!! :D Love La Marsa too :)

feefad

We did the quads when we stayed in Gammarth and I think it's the best place in Tunisia to do them!

Trulymadlydeeply

I'm sure my son would enjoy that, do they have any age restriction??

feefad

Not sure on the exacts, there were some kids when we done it but a couple had to ride with someone else because of age.

FoxyRoxie89

When I have done QUADS abroad before I have been asked for at least a provisional licence x

feefad

really? Guy had to show his license to drive one of the better ones, but noone was asked for anything on the standard ones. I was a bit aprehensive at first but totally loved them x

FoxyRoxie89

really? Guy had to show his license to drive one of the better ones, but noone was asked for anything on the standard ones. I was a bit aprehensive at first but totally loved them x
Maybe mine ws a better one, this waas in greece though, so maybe more rules than tunisia x