Land Registry in Sousse

Essem

Staff member
For those of you still waiting for news of Title Deeds (Titre Foncier) the Land registry office has now its website at www.cpf.gov.tn.

Only its Arabic page is operational, the French and English are under construction.

You or your lawyer can check the reference number and area (eg 12345 Sousse) under which the file is registered and find out what stage it's at ie if it's been processed or not.

Trulymadlydeeply

Is this a useful site Essem, or more dead ends????? :)

Essem

Staff member
I think it'll be really useful in the future - it's only been 4 and a half years so another couple of weeks!!! won't make any difference. x

ROULLA

When biying land in Tunisia please please please make sure that you go through the right proceedings like
1.Finding out if the land belongs to someone other than the person selling
2 If you will get permission from the beledia and can you build on it
3 make sure that everything is checked out by a solicitor, so many things to consider

Last night I had a coffee with a couple,they ended up arguing and the wife crying because she who is Tunisian had bought land without checking if she could build on the land, she built and the government knocked it down because she did not have permission, she sold the land and bought another piece of land and built on it, once again she was told it was ok but it turns out that the land belongs to Akouda and Sousse's property and they are now squabbling over it .
She then bought a piece of land from someone, who told her that he was selling because he was told that he was not allowed to build. She went to the place where they have a map and they check to see who the land belongs to and can SHE build, they told her yes and then guess what Yes you got it they want her to knock it down, God I really want to buy a piece of land somewhere different ,but with all these stories it really does put me off..

Last edited:

Essem

Staff member
Wasn't she using a solicitor Roulla, because a good solicitor will check out all of the small print and detail?

caveatemptor

Wasn't she using a solicitor Roulla, because a good solicitor will check out all of the small print and detail?
I`ve heard of once bitten twice shy but how many tries is she going to have.

ROULLA

Essem I really don't know to be honest with you.:)
I`ve heard of once bitten twice shy but how many tries is she going to have.
Mr C hope that you are well! I myself was shocked but she was crying her eyes out yesterday when her and her husband were talking quite loudly about this he was so upset with her and told her that she should know that there are so many bent people, I would have checked every crack possible and the thing that gets me is that she is Tunisian and I would have thought that she would have known the inns and outs but obviously not..

KheeKhee

Essem I really don't know to be honest with you.:)

Mr C hope that you are well! I myself was shocked but she was crying her eyes out yesterday when her and her husband were talking quite loudly about this he was so upset with her and told her that she should know that there are so many bent people, I would have checked every crack possible and the thing that gets me is that she is Tunisian and I would have thought that she would have known the inns and outs but obviously not..
is her husband Tunisian?