Lawyer based in UK who can help with Visa applications for entering the UK

ROULLA

we all have choices where we want to live ;)
What is this suppose to mean exactly ? If you are referring to me in specific i was born and bread here in the UK :rolleyes:

MellieC

There is corruption in every country, and good and bad everywhere, not just in the UK :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;) we all have choices where we want to live ;)
What is this suppose to mean exactly ? If you are referring to me in specific i was born and bread here in the UK :rolleyes:
Rou, it sounds like paula's comment is supposed to mean exactly what it says, its a ronseal comment? it just follows on in thread?

gabriel612

Crumbs!......................
rotflmao............Sorry for laughing, not laughing at you Roulla you're a sweetheart, just at cav's comment, really tickled me:D:D:D

Soltef

S

suka

WELL PARDON ME FOR EVEN THINKING YOU MAY BE HELPED BY THIS INFORMATION!!!!
to point out some FACTS ....This lawyer is BRITISH NOT TUNISIAN!!!! he is not an AMBULANCE CHASER...He is NOT saying that people on ALL benefits are entitled to visas per se.....nor that Tunisians or other immigrants should have recourse to public funds although many from Europe are. I posted the info in good faith and in the hope it could help....there are many very hard-working people who get what is classed as benefit in the form of a tax relief to make up their wage....these are the people who are being turned away...
I see now I was being naive.
I wish you all seeking visa's the very best of luck.

caveatemptor

Well it`s nice to think that a lawyer in the UK will work for the good of the poor and only charge what people can afford from their own pocket and not legal aid.

C

Cas

We may have "dodgy" people here but they arent normally lawyers....
Oh no? One company closed down in my little home town only last year 3 offices locally.
They are closing due to embezzlement, fraud quite often
The phrase wake up and smell the roses comes to mind with due respect.

C

Cas

Well it`s nice to think that a lawyer in the UK will work for the good of the poor and only charge what people can afford from their own pocket and not legal aid.
Good One Cave.!!!

Essem

Staff member
Local one near to my nearest town had to leave the country for fiddling the LA system and some clients - happens all over - greed is greed!

Essem

Staff member
WELL PARDON ME FOR EVEN THINKING YOU MAY BE HELPED BY THIS INFORMATION!!!!
to point out some FACTS ....This lawyer is BRITISH NOT TUNISIAN!!!! he is not an AMBULANCE CHASER...He is NOT saying that people on ALL benefits are entitled to visas per se.....nor that Tunisians or other immigrants should have recourse to public funds although many from Europe are. I posted the info in good faith and in the hope it could help....there are many very hard-working people who get what is classed as benefit in the form of a tax relief to make up their wage....these are the people who are being turned away...
I see now I was being naive.
I wish you all seeking visa's the very best of luck.

Hi Suka

I'm sure your info WILL be very helpful to those members and guests who find themselves in that situation and it will be good to hear some positive outcomes.

How is the cake making coming along?

HeatherC

Agree with everything you have said here!
Im suprised at you Naj.....

As long as you can provide for the person coming to you and it is very very much genuine..... then the visa should be given ... even if there are conditions, for the first couple of years.

MellieC

Im suprised at you Naj.....

As long as you can provide for the person coming to you and it is very very much genuine..... then the visa should be given ... even if there are conditions, for the first couple of years.
I would have to disagree with that sorry! I think that the english test is long overdue, and that skill matching to a certain degree needs to be looked at, and you shouldn't really be looking to provide for them, only in the short term, if they don't have a job to come to.
who decides if its genuine? everyone will think theirs is but no-one can ever be sure at that stage certainly!

as for conditions for the first couple of years ~ i think there will be a few of those and for more than a couple of years, 27 months is about to go out the window, meeting ILR requirements will be very tough!

olliebaby

Hiya Mel, whats the 27 month thing you say is going out the window? Also when you say the ILR requirements will be very tough, in what way do you mean? Ive tried looking on ukba but doesnt give much info and im guessing future changes wont be shown yet. Just wanted to get an idea of what we would be looking at, even though its 2 years away, like to be prepared!! :)

MellieC

Hiya Mel, whats the 27 month thing you say is going out the window? Also when you say the ILR requirements will be very tough, in what way do you mean? Ive tried looking on ukba but doesnt give much info and im guessing future changes wont be shown yet. Just wanted to get an idea of what we would be looking at, even though its 2 years away, like to be prepared!! :)
27 months is normally the settlement visa time where from getting the settlement visa to aving to apply for ILR ~ its 27 months, 3 of which you have to leave the country you are in and enter the UK.

it wont be on the UKBA website until details are finalised, but 27 months will probably be much longer, and then the conditions of ILR will be much stricter.

spousal visa's and settlement can't be capped in immigration like the "tiers" can, all they can do to reduce immigration (overall) is tweak spousal immigration, which is what they are doing and will continue to do.

be prepared for a few conditions ~ its NOT going to get any easier, but it certainly looks that it may be an awful lot harder, and take an awful lot more time and planning!

for example, and I AM NOT saying that this is on the cards in any way shape or form, but what if it was made a condition of getting a visa that the incoming spouse had to have a job ~ a real job ~ interviews ready and waiting? or show that they had genuinely been applying for jobs in the UK, in the context of getting either an outright refusal or asking to be put on a waiting list for appropriate vacancies?

everyone would be screaming that it wasn't possible as they can't apply if they are not in the country ~

and the logisitcs of it make it very ery unlikely, its a hypothetical situation ~

BUT it is possible to apply for jobs "overseas" ~ where would that leave most of the tune spouses? besides in Tunisia!

what I am saying is that people are going to have to start thinking very carefully WITH THEIR HEADS not just thier "hearts" when marrying foreigners in the times to come!

olliebaby

So looks like the Settlement requirements will be getting harder but what about the ILR AFTER the Settlement? do you think this is likely to change, the requirements etc / become more tougher? Im guessing high on the list of requirements anyway to get this (ILR) is evidence of work / finances and still in your relationship after the 2 years.

crazypink

Olliebaby we have just done our ILR and the amount of letters, bank statements, Tenancy agreements, bills, etc saved over the 2yrs is untrue! All should be in joint names (makes it easiers and shows that you are living together) also wage slipd for us both. So glad its all over and done with before all the changes - it was stressful enough doing it now.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x