Le Sultan in Hammamet

BaltimoreJulie

I will be staying at the Le Sultan in Hammamet during the last two weeks of December 2014.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good place to stay? I am trying to decide if we should do a half board (breakfast and dinner) or just do breakfast.

Do you know if there are shows every night? A friend who stayed in Jerba said there is something every night but I haven't seen much discussed about it.

Also, any advise for a first time traveler to Tunisia.

We will have a car and plan to do a lot of sightseeing, including day trip. I am really looking forward to seeing Roman ruins.

Mrs H

I will be staying at the Le Sultan in Hammamet during the last two weeks of December 2014.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good place to stay? I am trying to decide if we should do a half board (breakfast and dinner) or just do breakfast.

Do you know if there are shows every night? A friend who stayed in Jerba said there is something every night but I haven't seen much discussed about it.

Also, any advise for a first time traveler to Tunisia.

We will have a car and plan to do a lot of sightseeing, including day trip. I am really looking forward to seeing Roman ruins.
Can't tell you about the hotel but I would be very careful if you are hiring a car and intend to travel inland to do some sight seeing. Check to see which areas are safe to visit at the moment. If I was you I would stay within the tourist areas on the coast.

Scottochott

El Djem and Carthage are both great, easily reached by car, and in the safer areas. Keep an eye on FCO govt advice pages nearer the time for up to date security situation

Desi

Le Sultan is a great hotel to stay in, very clean, good food, great location. I have stayed there twice- in October and in November, the animation was not great, may be because off season. There is not a lot around the hotel in terms of restaurants and cafes, so I would suggest you go half board. We had to take taxi to go into town so not that close. Having said that Le Sultan is my favorite hotel in Hammamet, it feels differently, more like a European hotel. Have a great stay.

BaltimoreJulie

Thanks everyone for the posts. I really appreciate all the info.