leaving tunisia after 3months

aly.baba

hi does ani1 no what happenx wen you decide to leave tunisia ..i bin here since june and now am told i can onli fly wiv certain airlines is this true.....:mad:

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
If your from the UK you can go when you like.

If your well over your 3 months you may get fined but its not a lot.

I dont actually think its legal unter international law to prevent somone leaving from another country without good reason.

Hence "pass freely" on the passport.

Jillimom

I think it is not too late to go and get your Carte de Sejour (if you have the time to wait for it to come before you fly out). That will save you the fine...

MellieC

hi does ani1 no what happenx wen you decide to leave tunisia ..i bin here since june and now am told i can onli fly wiv certain airlines is this true.....:mad:
you are not able to arrange flights FROM Monastir from within Tunisia.

so flights would be from tunis, and therefore Tunisair or BA for direct flights, unless anyone else now operates direct flights to/from UK/Tunisia,
Air france/KLM etc for indirect flights.

If you do not have a carte de sejour, you should attend the local police station who will stamp your passport and you pay the fee and the fine, and you should not have any problems when leaving tunisia.

Would I be right in assuming that you didn't report your prescese when you arrived either?

janette b

i forgot to tell them i had moved there when i went and only thought about it when i was booking a holiday back to uk, like mel says you have to fly out of tunis cant book a flight from monastir, i tried even rang uk to speak to thomas cook and said well you let me buy a 1 way ticket here why cant i book a return from tunisia......still cant understand that one, just go to the police station with your papers and passport and they willt ell you to go to post office for your stamps etc then put a big stamp in your passport like you are a criminal. everyone reads mine and lauhs when they see how much i paid to get out...ha ha

Tunisianbelle

Just a question: is not being able to book a flight out of Monastir something unique to UK citizens or does it apply to everyone?

I'm only asking because I have flown out of MIR many times, but maybe that is because hubby always buys the tickets?

ROULLA

Just a question: is not being able to book a flight out of Monastir something unique to UK citizens or does it apply to everyone?

I'm only asking because I have flown out of MIR many times, but maybe that is because hubby always buys the tickets?
I have flown in and out of Monastir without any problem:)

marhaba

you know when you over stay the 3 months how do you go about payin it. do u pay at police station? does the stamp take up a whoole page every week you get it stamped? x

gem15

you are not able to arrange flights FROM Monastir from within Tunisia.

so flights would be from tunis, and therefore Tunisair or BA for direct flights, unless anyone else now operates direct flights to/from UK/Tunisia,
Air france/KLM etc for indirect flights.

If you do not have a carte de sejour, you should attend the local police station who will stamp your passport and you pay the fee and the fine, and you should not have any problems when leaving tunisia.

Would I be right in assuming that you didn't report your prescese when you arrived either?
Hi MellieC

Hows things? You can fly from Monastir if you have out stayed your 3 months and got the stamp and if your resident. You just cant fly on a chartered flight.

We flew from Monastir last month from Tunisair. Anyway Scheduled airline is fine.

sand

My friend flew from Monastir with Tunisair to Gatwick last week. He had stayed over 3 months. He went to an office in Sousse just off the main street where Planet Food is and bought his stamps. He then went to the police station in Souk le Had he had to leave a copy of his flight details and passport with them. He then went back 2 days later and they affixed the required number of stamps to his passport and stamped it to allow him to leave the country. There is no photocopying machine at the police station so make sure you take the required copies with you. The stamps cost 10 dinars each and you require one for each week you have overstayed. He booked his flight at the Tunisair office in Sousse. You can book on the internet but they only accept credit cards. Hope this helps.

Mezoo

VIP Member
you can also pay at the airport when departing. just make sure you know you got to take plenty of time b4 your flight. :confused:

marhaba

what part at the airport do you go to, to pay?

H

Hector

Hello. Can someone give me info on how to get a resident's card? Is it difficult or easy to get one and how long does it take? If it is difficult, how about getting an extension on my tourist visa? What does that require? Thank you for your help. I know you all are a wealth of information!

MellieC

Hi Hector,

Tunisian Residence cards are called Carte de Sejour, visit your local police station who can advise what documents you need toapply for the CDS.

Tourist visa ~ genenrally 3 months, I beleive the US have 4 months.

you can't get an extension as such, but if you overstay you will pay a fine which is curently around 10 dinar per week

there is a thread on this ~ which has more detailed information.

and welcome ot the forum

MrsEnkhili

ok heres the thing i got here did a police declaration atmy local police station and said i was stayin until december and he said that it was fine which would b a 6month stay so how come its 3months everywhere and thats a well known law here yet i get told 6months is fine?? is it because i did my declaration or what?

Peaches

At Tunis airport you just need to go to the police standing at the arch which leads to the gates.Tell them you have overstayed and if its only two or three weeks (in my case) you don,t pay anything.Otherwise you can also pay at passport control,though you get glowered at ,so better get the stamps first!

MellieC

flights into monastir from the UK are charter flights, IF someone books a flight in the UK for someone who is in tunisia, to return to the UK IF the charter flight has available seats, then its possible.

But No brits cant go to monastir and book a ticket to fly to the UK, or any agent to fly to the UK.

But if you read between the lines of what i said at first.........;)

MellieC

I notice in other posts, that Tunisair do fly from Monastir ~ even better LOL

its charter flights you can't get back to the UK, IF there is a scheduled flight with an airline then you can.

apologies if i didn't make the original post clear.

MellieC

ok heres the thing i got here did a police declaration atmy local police station and said i was stayin until december and he said that it was fine which would b a 6month stay so how come its 3months everywhere and thats a well known law here yet i get told 6months is fine?? is it because i did my declaration or what?
Its generally 3 months, i would go back to the police station, and check as if you need to then pay an overstay fine, you do'nt want to find that out at checkin!

I was told one thing by the douane when i came back last year and its causing me some problems now ~ because they put the wrong date on the forms!

check it out to be on the safe side.