leaving tunisia after 3months

MellieC

what part at the airport do you go to, to pay?
do you mean for overstaying?

you can do that at the police station, which is probably better than hassle at the airport.

do it a couple of days at least before you fly back.

MrsEnkhili

Its generally 3 months, i would go back to the police station, and check as if you need to then pay an overstay fine, you do'nt want to find that out at checkin!

I was told one thing by the douane when i came back last year and its causing me some problems now ~ because they put the wrong date on the forms!

check it out to be on the safe side.

see i thought it was 3months as well which is why when the officer said its ok for 6months i was really confused and didnt get why it was different down here to anywhere else in tunisia lol. so my FIL is talking to his friend (police boss in sfax) to see if the man got his information wrong or if for some reason they got the wrong end of the stick when we did our declaration

as for your posts on about flying i got really confused lol

MellieC

see i thought it was 3months as well which is why when the officer said its ok for 6months i was really confused and didnt get why it was different down here to anywhere else in tunisia lol. so my FIL is talking to his friend (police boss in sfax) to see if the man got his information wrong or if for some reason they got the wrong end of the stick when we did our declaration

as for your posts on about flying i got really confused lol
Right I will start with flights ~

GENERALLY ~ flights in and out of monastir to/from the UK are charter flights thomas cook etc holiday flights if you like.

there may well be some scheduled flights in/out of Mir, before anyone corrects me, I don't know I have never flown shceduled to/from Mir.

flights in and out of Tunis/UK are Scheduled flights ~ national airlines if you like, of course people can take holidays and fly with them, but its tunisair, airfrance, british airways, etc

you can tinker about with scheduled flights ~ change them for a fee
which you can't do with charter flights.

you can't go to a travel agent here for example and book a one way flight FROM monastir to the UK with thomas cook.

earlier posts confirm that TUNISAIR fly from monastir to gatwick! (buggers didn't when i needed one lol)

So you could book Monastir to Gatwick one way? with Tunisair.

a friend of mine booked me one way on Thomas cook from monastir by booking it over the phone directly with them, because 1, they had a spare seat, and 2 i had flown out with them but did not return due to illness and was not "fit to fly"
I would guess that it wouldn't really matter that you just wanted a flight home! thats what i meant by read between the lines.

As for the Declaration, the visa on arrival (the white card you filled in when you arrived?) is your visa on arrival for UP TO 3 months stay in tunisia, as the 3 months ends you should go to the policestation, NOT where you did the declaration but he main station (Sectuer police) someone has said that you can get a visa extension, don't know I have CDS so its totally different.

when you made the declaration, and said you were staying for 6 months, and he said OK, i think possibly he meant ~ Ok thanks for letting us know"
because that is not the police station that deals with over stays!

at least not here in hammamet.

so if you are now into month 5 ~ go to the police station (Secteur) and they will put a nice big red stamp in your passport, its probably ~ hang on let me look at mine ~

i have 2 stamps one for 10 dinar one for 20 dinar

it says its an EXIT (sortie) visa, the date of the flight etc is on it, it gets the rubber stamp is OVER the money stamps so go to the police station, check the cost, go get the stamps, go back to police station get teh big red rubber stamp that says exit, then depending if the chief is there to sign it or not you get your passport, i had to go back the following day for mine!
DO check the cost ~ mine was a while ago!

although you (all) make the declarations, that has nothing to do with the visa and entry/exit ~ there is somewhere else to go for that LOL

this IS Tunisia after all!!

But CHECK ~ it was a while ago when i did it, the law is the same but the costs ~ I don't know!

MrsEnkhili

hmmm well like i said chief man is the father in laws bumchum so i will wait and see what he has to say on the matter. typical that i have a police station right nextdoor to the apartment but the other i need to go to is in centre ville unless its the other one :( there are so many of the buggers i have been to for a number of reasons that i cant work out which is what lol. will have to ask mo when he gets in!! Lol thanks i get the flight thing now so looks like im guna take a trip to tunisair as dont fancy the 3hour trip to tunis before a 3hr flight lol x

marhaba

hmmm well like i said chief man is the father in laws bumchum so i will wait and see what he has to say on the matter. typical that i have a police station right nextdoor to the apartment but the other i need to go to is in centre ville unless its the other one :( there are so many of the buggers i have been to for a number of reasons that i cant work out which is what lol. will have to ask mo when he gets in!! Lol thanks i get the flight thing now so looks like im guna take a trip to tunisair as dont fancy the 3hour trip to tunis before a 3hr flight lol x
how about staying in a hotel night b4? jen when r u flying home? x

NetNiet

ok heres the thing i got here did a police declaration atmy local police station and said i was stayin until december and he said that it was fine which would b a 6month stay so how come its 3months everywhere and thats a well known law here yet i get told 6months is fine?? is it because i did my declaration or what?
I think it's fine for this department from the police, you have to sau untill when you're staying when you ask for a declaration. So you provide him the information he need to know.

But the Visa is another department from the police and you have to go there, can be at a total different location!
And trust me, if you don't get this done with the papers like written here before, you will definitly get problems after you checked in and will pass Customs / Douane at the airport.

MellieC

I can understand you looking at monastir ~ as you are in Sfax, its a days trip up to tunis huh! makes for a very long day!!

when i drove from tunis to Djerba it felt never ending!!

I know when i was sorting mine out, it cost me as much in taxi fares back and forth as it did the bloody stamps, and the police station where i did (do) declarations is almost opposite the finance office where i get the stamps LOL

marhaba makes a good point ~ maybe travel to tunis the day before and stay overnight there if possible?

IF you can't get a flight from Monastir. IF hubby is going to be travelling with you by the way, HE MUST FLY SCHEDULED AIRLINE!!

NO i am NOT following you around ~ im just catching up on whats been posted whilst Im doing other things;)

caveatemptor

[QUOTE=MellieC;IF you can't get a flight from Monastir. IF hubby is going to be travelling with you by the way, HE MUST FLY SCHEDULED AIRLINE!!

The Tunisair flight from Monastir to Gatwick is schedule.

aly.baba

thanks every1 i got home safe n sound afer payin 100quid in tunis airport n flying ith ba..im now waiting to get marry n i go bk to tunis 4 3week in march cant wait..n we gna try 4 visit visa n then get marry.....thankq tho...xxxxxxxxxx

caveatemptor

thanks every1 i got home safe n sound afer payin 100quid in tunis airport n flying ith ba..im now waiting to get marry n i go bk to tunis 4 3week in march cant wait..n we gna try 4 visit visa n then get marry.....thankq tho...xxxxxxxxxx
Polite request: please do not use textspeak as we old folk and non native English speakers find it difficult to follow.

debstyler

Translation for Mr Cave:

thanks everyone I got home safe and sound after paying £100 in Tunis Airport and flying with BA. I'm now waiting to get married and I go back to Tunis for 3 weeks in March, can't wait and we're going to try for a visitors visa and then get married!!!! lol :D

Aly.baba are you are getting married in the UK?? Would you not need a fiance visa then??? Can you marry on a visitors visa?? Sorry I'm not sure!! :confused:

tblueyez

hi mr cave,hope you and all the caves are well.....we forgot about the oldies on here loooool..but i remember when you told me that hehehe...i hope debstler helped you out,have a great afternoon take care and godbless you mr meldrew x:)

JANG

Hi,

Does anybody know if a Tunisian national is able to bring sterling out of Tunisia? and If they are is there any limit? Thanks

JANG

Hi again. They already have sterling but not sure if there is a limit allowed out of Tunisia and if it has to be declared to anyone. Thanks

Essem

Staff member
Not sure about a Tunisian taking money out but many years ago was stopped taking sterling back out and, as I hadn't declared it on the way in, they said they were within their rights to confiscate it but they didn't fortunately.

So if money if declared on the way in, it can be taken back out.

If the money is transferred through banks to account here, it can be transferred back.

Maybe there has to be a 'paper trail'?

If the money originated in Tunisia???

Janan

Banned
black money?

Trulymadlydeeply

Black market is rife in Tunisia, you will lose a lot of money that way though.....

JANG

Thanks Debbie and Essem for your helpful replies............Janan not sure how your reply answers my question................would you mind elaborating please