legal questions, custody rights

Tunisianbelle

Last summer I was coming into the country. My eldest daughter only had an American passport (long story). The passport control officer contacted his supervisor and they were not going to let me INTO the country!

There I was: 3 children, pregnant, and they were telling me I could not enter the country because my eldest did not have her Tunisian passport. My husband was working, so I couldn't call him either. Alhamdulillah one of the representatives from hubbys company saw me, and came to see what the hold up was. He talked to them for a while, told them who he was, that he works with my hubby, who my hubby is, and assured him that we would get the passport issue fixed. After a lot of time, talking, and persuasion, we were finally allowed to come back home (I had been visiting my parents in the US). I was told though that if any of my children ever are without their Tunisian passport, we will not be able to enter/leave the country (whichever the case may be).

benali123

Hi there. You WILL need a letter from your husband STAMPED by the Beladeya (sorry unsure of spelling). I had a letter that wasnt stamped and they would not let me through cos it wasnt stamped! I ended up crying and saying that I didnt know that it needed a stamp (I had never had a stamped letter before???) but it wasnt good enough! It was only when one of my husbands friends came through check in who used to work for Monastir airport explained that he knew us that they let me through.

Its not fair - but that's how it is I'm afraid!!!

ROULLA

Hi Everyone hope that you are all in good health! Me and my son came back alone from Tunis airport and they did not say a thing to me or my son.....

bobby g

Hi Everyone hope that you are all in good health! Me and my son came back alone from Tunis airport and they did not say a thing to me or my son.....
Maybe they didn't dare to Roulla...:D:D

ROULLA

I think so Bobby g, you are right, i mean when i am leaving Tunisia my lip touches the floor i am so distraught, think that if anyone dares to talk to me i will jump on them..:D maybe even bite someones ears off..

paula01

Delene said:
A friend of mine is to meet her MP this Thursday in the Houses of Parliament to discuss my situation surrounding the fraudulent divorce and other immigration matters, etc. Finally looks like this matter is being given the priority it needs!!

Is anyone is prepared to submit their`story`of any immigration matters similar to mine or indeed any other topic of abuse? I would welcome your story.

We need to highlight how widespread this problem is and any help is appreciated. Does not matter how far back you go either. You can remain anonymous if you like and I am happy to pass on my email address or phone number should anyone be prepared to come forward. Black Mamba, I give you permission to pass on my details to anyone who needs it. I wish we still had the Private section.

If you wish to tell your story, please come forward as a matter of urgency and I will pass this on to my friend.
good luck with this Delene I hope you get Justice as you really deserve it. xx

sparkle

good luck with this and please keep us updated

bubbles

wish you all the luck Delene!! xxx

N

nela

Delene I hiope you will success........keep us informed!!! x x x

Black Mamba

Delene said:
A friend of mine is to meet her MP this Thursday in the Houses of Parliament to discuss my situation surrounding the fraudulent divorce and other immigration matters, etc. Finally looks like this matter is being given the priority it needs!!

Is anyone is prepared to submit their`story`of any immigration matters similar to mine or indeed any other topic of abuse? I would welcome your story.

We need to highlight how widespread this problem is and any help is appreciated. Does not matter how far back you go either. You can remain anonymous if you like and I am happy to pass on my email address or phone number should anyone be prepared to come forward. Black Mamba, I give you permission to pass on my details to anyone who needs it. I wish we still had the Private section.

If you wish to tell your story, please come forward as a matter of urgency and I will pass this on to my friend.

Will do love, no worries.

Finally some real good news :D

FoxyRoxie89

Good Luck Delene, u could make a difference to the whole country :D x

suverny71

Good Luck Delene, I have been reading this for weeks with interest x

Essem

Staff member
Good luck Delene - just sorry that you're having to go through all of this nightmare.

aljaye

I hope you get somewhere Delene and I hope it spreads back to Tunisia as there will be a few sharp shocks delivered out there in some quarters if they see they cant get away with it!
Do you know I was sat in the internet cafe in Sousse on Monday (seems like a lifetime ago) and I watched a Tunisian man send the SAME email about how hard his life was as his wife had died to several different women whom he had obviously met on the net. His inbox was full of emails from different women..and there he as paying 5td for the internet when he was supposed to be a poor poor hartbroken Tunisian!!

FoxyRoxie89

I hope you get somewhere Delene and I hope it spreads back to Tunisia as there will be a few sharp shocks delivered out there in some quarters if they see they cant get away with it!
Do you know I was sat in the internet cafe in Sousse on Monday (seems like a lifetime ago) and I watched a Tunisian man send the SAME email about how hard his life was as his wife had died to several different women whom he had obviously met on the net. His inbox was full of emails from different women..and there he as paying 5td for the internet when he was supposed to be a poor poor hartbroken Tunisian!!
U sure he was even paying that??
what were u doing Al looking over his shoulder hehe x

aljaye

U sure he was even paying that??
what were u doing Al looking over his shoulder hehe x
Well Im a nosey old git and he was typing away..most people on there were tourists or one young girl looking for an apartment..so i had a peek..!!

bobby g

Delene, sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you at last. You sound far more upbeat and positive than you did a while ago.:) Let's hope you soon see the end of this whole sorry mess and you can take positive steps towards building a happier future for yourself. XX:)

Rainbowchild

Delene said:
As I said before there are good and bad ones out there but 99% of Tunisian marriages to foreigners end in divorce! And that's the reality.

Where did you get the 99% statistic from?

annibee

good luck and all the best to you delene you deserve it x

paula01

Delene said:
Essem, I am sorry too, but I know this experience and what it uncovers will be for the good of all on this Forum. If I am embarrassed in the process, I do not care as long as this situation is exposed and stamped out forever.
And we are all with you, you are doing great Delene xxx:D