legal questions, custody rights

mand3366

Delene said:
Aljaye, this is an all too familiar story. That's what most do. The trouble is some of us are gullible (like myself) and fall for it. When are we going to learn? It is only by highlighting my story and others that others will be aware. As I said before there are good and bad ones out there but 99% of Tunisian marriages to foreigners end in divorce! And that's the reality.
The actual `unofficial` figure obtained from the HO is that 92% of marriages involving a Tunisian partner end in divorce within 6 years.

aljaye

Speaking to a nice lady on the flight who now lives in Tunisia with her husband of over ten years..she says that a lot of Tunisian girls divorce quickly as well so that they can move on up the ladder collecting positions as they go. Whether thats true or not I dont know its just whats shes witnessed since she lived there.
I think the stat is that large because of the number of visa seekers,they dont want a real marriage just a visa and as soon as they can they want out of the marriage (sound familiar!!) so they can live the life they wanted. Maybe it has more staying power if the couple settle in Tunisia evetually (like our Dolly and Mellie C).

N

nela

Speaking to a nice lady on the flight who now lives in Tunisia with her husband of over ten years..she says that a lot of Tunisian girls divorce quickly as well so that they can move on up the ladder collecting positions as they go. Whether thats true or not I dont know its just whats shes witnessed since she lived there.
I think the stat is that large because of the number of visa seekers,they dont want a real marriage just a visa and as soon as they can they want out of the marriage (sound familiar!!) so they can live the life they wanted. Maybe it has more staying power if the couple settle in Tunisia evetually (like our Dolly and Mellie C).
move up the ladder collecting what?:confused:

beenthere

The actual `unofficial` figure obtained from the HO is that 92% of marriages involving a Tunisian partner end in divorce within 6 years.
thats because its a lotttt of hard work.. all done by the women! i've been married 9 years, i would know.

aljaye

Delene
When you have got your just rewards and brought this jerk to justice and dealt a blow to all the other scammers..I suggest you play him Lenoa Lewis' "Take A Bow."
I had it on in the car last night and the words are so apt for you and your situation.
Then he can Take A Bow before he gets carted off to prison!

Nobody

The "unofficial" figures for Germany do not look much different (original tone: "not worth mentioning") - but extend also to other binational marriages with partners of most non-western non-asian countries.

N

nela

Delene said:
Thank you Nobody. I might have got my percentages slightly over but the message still remains the same. It seems that this trend transends across many European countries. These governments need to unite to stamp out this great calculated wrongdoing. The trouble is when we are 'in-love' and feel we are in very happy relationships, it is very hard to think about such matters, but as I have been saying on this board ' be vigilant' and when you see warning signs don't ignore them. Having said that, there are still good and bad people out there.

Aljaye, you made me laugh out loud and that's very good for someone in my current predicament. I have not heard the song yet, but intend to listen out for it on the radio.

Any suggestions for suitable song titles to play to him as he is carted off to prison? I hope he spends the most time in a Tunisian jail because the British ones are too nice for him! I will personally take delight in visiting him in prison because I am sure the look of anticipation in his eyes in thinking I am coming to try and get him out, will be priceless. I hope I will be allowed to take my camera!
Delene whats new in your case? Are you progressing with something?

Dolly

Delene said:
Thank you Nobody.
Any suggestions for suitable song titles to play to him as he is carted off to prison? I hope he spends the most time in a Tunisian jail because the British ones are too nice for him! I will personally take delight in visiting him in prison because I am sure the look of anticipation in his eyes in thinking I am coming to try and get him out, will be priceless. I hope I will be allowed to take my camera!
Hey Delene,

Nice to 'hear' that you are perking up a bit. You are one strong lady and I admire and respect you. Songs - ooh yes, Jailhouse blues first came to mind but I'm sure I can think of others. Take care

ROULLA

Delene;114193 Any suggestions for suitable song titles to play to him as he is carted off to prison? Hiya hope that you are in good health! [media=youtube said:
L76dxZEy7hw[/media]

Dolly

Delene - I think there are some incredible opportunities for you here. your experiences and the fight, legal and emotional is such a story and such an experience (not a good one though). I am sure there must be a way for you to help others. Stay strong and we are all on your side.

paula01

Delene - I think there are some incredible opportunities for you here. your experiences and the fight, legal and emotional is such a story and such an experience (not a good one though). I am sure there must be a way for you to help others. Stay strong and we are all on your side.
I agree with you Dolly and it is awful for Delene to go through this when she believed her loved her as much as she loved him. Everyone is proud of you Delene you are doing great. This will show the bad ones they cant come here and treat us how they like and get away with it. Keep it up and stay as strong as you are now. x

goldcoast girl

I agree with you Dolly and it is awful for Delene to go through this when she believed her loved her as much as she loved him. Everyone is proud of you Delene you are doing great. This will show the bad ones they cant come here and treat us how they like and get away with it. Keep it up and stay as strong as you are now. x
same from me too delene! im keeping up with your posts to see how things are going for u and im so glad to hear theres light at the end of the tunnel for u in this nightmare! even though im too far away to join the victory party there later on ill sit here in aus and raise my glass(complete with champagne) to you lol! u could seriously turn this into a blockbuster movie one day and i can imagine seeing u on oprah telling your story of overcoming such heartbreak! (LOL maybe im getting a bit carried away) but i think youre such a courageous woman u will have the final laugh!! wouldnt it be great karma too if your ex later has to share a jail cell with a nymphomaniac gay man! thatd have him wishing he wasnt born!!

N

nela

Delene said:
You all made me laugh just now. Goldcoast, you are a hoot. Liked the idea about a gay man in his jail cell. That would indeed be a fitting punishment, along with all the other things thrown in. Who knows, he might enjoy himself!
it really does happen in our prisons...lets just say he is lucky he will not be send to one of the Russian ones!!

ROULLA

Hi Delene hope that you are in good health! I am glad that things are finally rolling for you..One thing that i have to say is that i have faith in Tunisia and believe that when he is punished he will wish that he had not done the things that he done to you and i am sure he will be shocked as well..Your husband must have thought that you was a quite person and now realises that you was the wrong person to mess with..I wish you all the luck in the world..You will get what you want in the end i am sure of that even if you think that this process is taking forever, slowly but surely..Keep strong ...Take care..x x

bobby g

Delene said:
He always knew I was strong, but remember I was not supposed to find out about all this. He thought he would get away with it and when I did eventually find out, it would have been too late then. Oh how wrong he was! I feel like you are all experiencing this with me and it really takes off the stress.
You certainly are a strong lady, and you have right on your side. keep smiling:) He (or in this case ) SHE ie: YOU~ who has the last laugh, laughs longest, and we'll be laughing with you.:D

Essem

Staff member
Delene said:
You all made me laugh just now. Goldcoast, you are a hoot. Liked the idea about a gay man in his jail cell. That would indeed be a fitting punishment, along with all the other things thrown in. Who knows, he might enjoy himself!
Love your choice of words!!

paula01

Delene said:
Ladies thank you all for your support - this keeps me strong.

Dolly - agree with you about the opportunities and I will fully exploit them to help others once I have sorted out my situation. You are always so kind - thanks.

Thanks too, Paula. As always your support and comments are appreciated. I have to be strong for all of us.

Goldcrest - as ever thanks for your support too and I promise to keep you all updated without giving away my legal position. Yes, I think I will have to write a book when all this is over.

Roulla, I am looking after myself thanks - having survived 2 episodes of the big 'C', I am stronger than ever. I supplement with a lot of vitamins everyday to keep body and mind strong; I also go to the gym.

He always knew I was strong, but remember I was not supposed to find out about all this. He thought he would get away with it and when I did eventually find out, it would have been too late then. Oh how wrong he was! I feel like you are all experiencing this with me and it really takes off the stress.
He didnt realize how strong you were actually Delene, or clever, he thought you was blinded by your love for him...yes maybe for a time, but now you know, and his loss, cos he could, and did, have it all... how stupid of him cos now he is going to end up with nothing..... like he had before he met you and thats what he deserves NOTHING. xx you are doing great Delene keep it up and stay strong we are all behind you. Paula xxx

Essem

Staff member
He didnt realize how strong you were actually Delene, or clever, he thought you was blinded by your love for him...yes maybe for a time, but now you know, and his loss, cos he could, and did, have it all... how stupid of him cos now he is going to end up with nothing..... like he had before he met you and thats what he deserves NOTHING. xx you are doing great Delene keep it up and stay strong we are all behind you. Paula xxx
Unfortunately very often 'having it all is never enough' these days!

It beggars belief that someone can plan to do something like this - just beyond my comprehension that someone could be so cold and calculating.