Les Maisons De La Mer Apartments

Cala S

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Forum and this is my first post. Just wondering if anyone has stayed at either Les Maisons du Jardin or Maisons de La Mer? I'm flying at the weekend with one of my friends and we need to book an apartment asap as our original travel arrangements have changed at the last minute. These are the only apartments we can find but can't find many reviews on them. Any recommendations or otherwise would be really helpful. Thanks. Cala S:)

Essem

Staff member
Hi Cala

When I was looking to buy a property, I looked at a couple for sale on both sides. Not sure if you've been there before and maybe I'm stating the obvious but Maisons de la Mer is on the Marina side many overlooking the beautiful yachts, etc. Maisons du Jardin is across the road where the musical fountain is.

One friend who owns in Jardin, allows the management there to rent out her apartment and they look after it and maintain it very well. She's above The Sultan Restaurant. In summer, both these areas are so very busy but at this time of the year should be considerably quieter. Hope this helps.

Have you been to PEK before?

Kymbers

Hi Cala,

I stayed in an appartment at Maison de mere, but I wasn't impressed, one next door was being renovated at the time (June this year) & the one's we were in badly needed renovating. We were above the shops facing the gift shop at the entrance to the port. If you chose to stay here don't get stuck in one of these appartments - they were awful.

Cala S

Thanks to you both. Yes have stayed in PEK before. Had a look at a couple of apartments at Maisons de La Mer in the summer but wasn't too impressed with the inside - they didn't look too clean. Think we'll give the Jardins a try - they cost slightly more than Maisons de la Mer but not much. Will watch out for the Sultan Restaurant. Not many days to go now - fly on Sunday.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Cala

Have a safe journey and wonderful holiday. How long are you going for?

Bon Voyage!

Cala S

Only a week unfortunately. It was very expensive to go for New Year which is when my friend and I originally wanted to go. It was about £300 more for flights at New Year so we changed our plans and decided to go for Christmas instead. My first Christmas ever away from home but I'm so looking forward to being away.

Have a lovely Christmas and peaceful New Year whatever you decide to do.

Love

Cala S

marie910

Hi

Ive booked a flight later this month for a flying visit to see my finace. We always stay in the apartments in Maisons des Jardins / Les Maisons de la Mer in Port el Kantaoui. Im finding it extremely difficult to find availability, and ive tried loads of websites but i cant find anything :(

I wondered if anybody has the direct number to the reception so i can try and see if they have anything. I dont mind staying in different apartments for the duration as im only going for 4 nights.

Failing that, does anybody know any apartments that might be available in PEK?

Thanks

Caroline :)

olliebaby

Hi Marie910

Sorry I dont know anything about Maisons des Jardins, however, Gem15 (a member on here) rents out apartments in PEK / Sousse :)

annibee

hi have you tried travel republic these apartments are always on there. good luck

marie910

Hi, yes i have tried Travel Republic with no luck :( Also tried:

Sunshine
OTB
Alpha Rooms
Indus
Orange Travel

PEK must be a very busy place!!

shell

Hi,
I have the no of a man who has an apartment to rent in le maisons de la mer.... If u like? x x

marie910

Hi Shell

Brilliant.... i have sent you a PM xx

marhaba

does anyone know if it is safe to stay in maisons du la jardin with my tunisian partner? any problems or if its ok?

sophie25

does anyone know if it is safe to stay in maisons du la jardin with my tunisian partner? any problems or if its ok?
myself and my fiance stayed here in march and had no problems but we rented it from a tunisian owner.

the view was beautiful but wasnt overly impressed with the apart itself(studio) xx

marhaba

how much did you pay and how long did you stay hunny xxxx

sophie25

we stayed 1 week and it was expensive i think around £300 ..not certain cos he paid but i thought very expensive for what it was...but i guess it was the location...very romantic..xx

annibee

Only a week unfortunately. It was very expensive to go for New Year which is when my friend and I originally wanted to go. It was about £300 more for flights at New Year so we changed our plans and decided to go for Christmas instead. My first Christmas ever away from home but I'm so looking forward to being away.

Have a lovely Christmas and peaceful New Year whatever you decide to do.

Love

Cala S
just looked on travel republic maisons and jardiners £82 each for 2 weeks 29th dec to 12th january. these two apratments/hotels are always the cheapest up

alex35

Hi, can anyone help me and let me know which one of these two hotels is good to go to for my partner and child in August,we are doig just room only as it is so cheap to eat and drink out there,especially from the supermarket. I keep reading and reading about these two and cant make my mind up.

C

Cas

Hi, can anyone help me and let me know which one of these two hotels is good to go to for my partner and child in August,we are doig just room only as it is so cheap to eat and drink out there,especially from the supermarket. I keep reading and reading about these two and cant make my mind up.
Welcome to the forum alex, are you renting an apartment ? I personally would rent one from a German person who has his own website you will have to google if interested, can`t quite remember the name as was German. I didn`t realise there were hotels there either. Hope you will get more responses and info as more people read.

alex35

sorry it is an apartment from either one of these and it is quiet cheap at the moment I just dont which 1 to go for.xx