Looking for a job in Tunis. Anyone can help ?

Janan

Banned
protection, proctection - only working good temporary..............

Janan

Banned
ya, I have read the thread from begining, TB mentioned that it is good if state does not allow forginers to be employed in Tunisia and keep job for Tunisians only.

missmetal

There's a difference between foreigners just coming to a country and illegally settling in and trying to find work, and someone who as settled with a national of that county and made a life for themselves, legally. It seems like this lady has done so, and I think she should be allowed to work in tunisia no problem as she is a resident.

The US might outsource to India, China and Russia for certain jobs, but there are two main reasons for this....to save money and because there is a skill shortage. These are not always done at the same time because when there is a skill shortage, the companies often tend to pay a lot more for the skills depending on the country the person is coming from.

Anyway, any of these people who work for the US, and move to the US, will have a Visa to do so. They are not there illegally....and this is how it works in most countries.

Tunisia has a huge shortage of jobs and huge labour force which might be the reason its harder for non-national to get a job. But if you have specific skills and you have a resident permit that might make you employable much easier.

Janan

Banned
I have impression that Tunisia focuses too much on tourism and does not encourage other productions. May be I am wrong.....

K

kerrie

how about strawberry picking in spain :p 37 euro daily and 37 hours per week :p i might apply LOL

missmetal

My guy is struggling to get a summer job in Sousse or PEK, anyone living out there have any leads on temp jobs?

He heard about an English Call center but when he and his mate went to apply for a job they walked in an the place was full of desks and papers, but not a single soul in the building...they freaked out and left cos they did not wanna get falsely accused for something in case someone saw them and said they were trying to steel. Poor fella!

Anyway, it would be great if anyone has any leads. All they get hit up with is that the season is not that great cos everyone has headed to the world cup.

Thanks

C

Cas

Not the world cup it is the economy in EU and UK, if any other reason people are slower booking because of volcanic activity. Also prices for Tunisia have become expensive and it used to be a reasonable destination for us. Is £200 more for same 2 week time slot last year each person. Was affordable to go several times a year not long ago.
I hear from a good friend every few days so keep up with how business is in Sousse.

missmetal

Thanks Cas, if u hear of any leads tho...pls pass them on. My poor guy is almost in tears. He wants to head out of sousse after my holiday which i get there in two weeks, for 10days onle. So it seems like he's will to try another location....that is maybe not dependent on tourism

StrictlyAnna

Hi MissMetal

I really hope your bf gets a job, it must be really awful trying to find a job in Tunisia, ive heard of the difficulties and poor wages.

Good luck and have a fab holiday......

x

missmetal

Hi MissMetal

I really hope your bf gets a job, it must be really awful trying to find a job in Tunisia, ive heard of the difficulties and poor wages.

Good luck and have a fab holiday......

x
Oh Thanks, yes he's had some crappy jobs and they've paid poorly but it lifts his spirits just to get some cash in.

Our search will continue.

Essem

Staff member
Ways to Make Extra Money When You’re Living in Tunisia

1. Try freelance writing – While most people think of writing as something that only novelists and journalists do, there’s a huge market for online writing jobs. And because you can access these jobs from the internet, you don’t need to be on location. Often known as ghostwriting, you might not see your name on the articles and essays you write, but you will still be getting paid for the work that you do. Try doing a search for ‘freelance writing’ to see what you come up with.

2. Try auction sites – Just as they work everywhere else, sites like EBay are a great way to connect to the worldwide market and sell things to others. With a nominal start up fee and easy access to customers, you can quickly begin to make money when you offer a product people are looking for.

3. Start your own blog - Another great invention of the internet is the blog in which you can write down your travel and living adventures. And while you can do this just for your personal enjoyment, many of the blogging services also allow you to post advertisements on your blog as well. When a reader clicks on these ads, you can get a small portion of the sales or simply a set price when every click, making you money without any work.

4. Provide childcare – If you’re in an area with a lot of children and the local laws allow it, you might want to offer your services as a child care helper. By watching children in their homes or when they’re in your home, you can easily make some extra money.

5. Try odd jobs – If you have a special talent or certification, try to advertise it or just let people know that you can help them. These small jobs can add up to big money for you.

maynardlynne

1. Try freelance writing – While most people think of writing as something that only novelists and journalists do, there’s a huge market for online writing jobs. And because you can access these jobs from the internet, you don’t need to be on location. Often known as ghostwriting, you might not see your name on the articles and essays you write, but you will still be getting paid for the work that you do. Try doing a search for ‘freelance writing’ to see what you come up with.

2. Try auction sites – Just as they work everywhere else, sites like EBay are a great way to connect to the worldwide market and sell things to others. With a nominal start up fee and easy access to customers, you can quickly begin to make money when you offer a product people are looking for.

3. Start your own blog - Another great invention of the internet is the blog in which you can write down your travel and living adventures. And while you can do this just for your personal enjoyment, many of the blogging services also allow you to post advertisements on your blog as well. When a reader clicks on these ads, you can get a small portion of the sales or simply a set price when every click, making you money without any work.

4. Provide childcare – If you’re in an area with a lot of children and the local laws allow it, you might want to offer your services as a child care helper. By watching children in their homes or when they’re in your home, you can easily make some extra money.

5. Try odd jobs – If you have a special talent or certification, try to advertise it or just let people know that you can help them. These small jobs can add up to big money for you.
some good ideas, thanks...........:):)

M

mirjana kukilo

Hello!
I am moved recently to Tunisia, with residence in Sousse. Looking for an adequate job position, so any ideas?? Also, would like to find any useful informations according to my new homeland :) Thanks a lot!!!

gem15

Good Luck!!! Is going to be diffucult. The best thing to do is set up yor own business as the companies tend to employ tunisians only.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Mirjana and welcome to the forum.

You'll find lots of useful information on here - try the search facility using key words as there are lots of older threads with more detail and info in them.

As Gem rightly said, it's not easy finding work there, Even setting up your own business can be difficult depending on the type of business.

What made you relocate to Sousse/Tunisia?

M

mustafa885

Hello, I'm a Lebanese guy 27 years old living in the US. I have both Lebanese and US Passport. I know English Arabic and some french. I am planning to get married to a Tunisian girl. I have an engineering degree and currently working in the oil field . I need some advice and help on finding a job in Tunisia. I am planning to stay in Tunisia for good. Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

salim

Hello, I'm a Lebanese guy 27 years old living in the US. I have both Lebanese and US Passport. I know English Arabic and some french. I am planning to get married to a Tunisian girl. I have an engineering degree and currently working in the oil field . I need some advice and help on finding a job in Tunisia. I am planning to stay in Tunisia for good. Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Hi Mustapha and welcome to Tunisia .com , nice to hear that you think to stay for good in Tunisia , if your fiancé is from Tunisia she can recommend to you some Tunisian job websites , i remember on of them i think his name is Tanit or something like that i am not sure , google this name maybe you find a lots of opportunity especially whit your profile ! I advice you to google foreigners and Tunisians companies working in this filed of activity like Oil Libya or Total or British gas , i am not an expert , i am trying to give you the beginning of file :)Good Luck

M

mustafa885

Thanks for your information Salim :)