Marhaba Salem Hotel, Sousse

catwoman1

hi all just came back today from marhaba royal salem i only booked marhaba salem so upgraded on arrival .the royal is very clean food and drink good was very busy nice hotel.only 73 pounds all inclusive for 1 week a bargain.sousse more and more tourists every day and my flight from newcastle was full going out a positive sign i think. no problems at all many tourists out and about.
Is the Marhaba Salem closed? We are flying on Sunday 13th meant to be staying there. x

amirah

yes the marhaba salem is closed so you will be staying in the royal salem next door its really nice dont worry spotlessly clean 4 star enjoy your holiday x

Aslemma

That's great news. I stayed in the Royal Salem last October and loved it but had booked the Marhaba Salem on 18th March as it was a great deal cheaper. I can assure you the move certainly won't break my heart. :) I'm flying into Tunis wth BA for 15 days.

amirah

That's great news. I stayed in the Royal Salem last October and loved it but had booked the Marhaba Salem on 18th March as it was a great deal cheaper. I can assure you the move certainly won't break my heart. :) I'm flying into Tunis wth BA for 15 days.
yes its a bargain at the minute.the only complaints i heard was from the people who booked royal salem then found out those who booked salem were upgraded and paid alot less.

crazypink

We found this out before we booked so booked Marhaba Salem - happy days. My BIL and family are also staying there as we have a family wedding. They stayed at the royal salem in Nov and really enjoyed it. Seems like there will be a few of us there!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

annibee

have just been reading on marhaba salem and it says all inclusive concept includes all meals (breakfast,lunch,dinner and snacks) and mealtimes drinks such as wine beer soft drinks locally produced ets. bar open 10 till 22.00 or 23.00. may be reading this wrong but does this mean you only get free drinks with meals???? hope not because thats not my idea of all inclusive so if anyone has stayed all inclusive before please can you tell me thanks xxx

crazypink

My BIL stayed there in Nov and drinks were all round not just meal times.

x x x x x xx x x x x x x x x x x

amirah

have just been reading on marhaba salem and it says all inclusive concept includes all meals (breakfast,lunch,dinner and snacks) and mealtimes drinks such as wine beer soft drinks locally produced ets. bar open 10 till 22.00 or 23.00. may be reading this wrong but does this mean you only get free drinks with meals???? hope not because thats not my idea of all inclusive so if anyone has stayed all inclusive before please can you tell me thanks xxx
hi i just came back last week u will be staying in royal salem i was all inclusive drinks were available from 10am until midnight a good variety of local spirits and liquers and my hubby said the beer was really good.theres a snack bar open until 12 at night also fresh sandwiches chips etc and if u miss breakfast u can have one after 10 in the snackbar.its a lovely hotel spotlessly clean with nice friendly staff.

Spooky

Hi all

Has anyone stayed in this hotel? If so what what it like? Is there entertainment?

Are there any other hotels that people might recommend in this area or PEK?
Thanks

Spooky

Essem

Staff member
Hi Spooky and welcome

Quite a few of our members have stayed in this hotel and I'm sure when they come on will be happy to share their views/experiences with you.

There are also a few comments on individual hotels in the hotels section that you may find interesting.

Jane BM

Hi all

Has anyone stayed in this hotel? If so what what it like? Is there entertainment?

Are there any other hotels that people might recommend in this area or PEK?
Thanks

Spooky
Hi Spooky....i stayed in this hotel a couple of times a couple of years ago...personally i found it very basic...you do get your moneys worth dont get me wrong...the entertainment was sadly lacking and i found the main restaurants food pretty dire, to the point where i used to order my food from the small snack bar outside and pay for it..and lived off spaghetti bolognese for a week...:eek:

Hotel i would recommend is El Mouradi PEK...fab hotel, rooms lovely, food great, location right on the beach, short taxi ride into the Marina of PEK, comprehensive All Inclusive package, not particularly expensive in the grand scheme of things...in fact myself and hubby have just booked today to go back there for a few days in November when we are back in Tunisia...

Spooky

Hi, thanks both.

I was looking at the marharba palace, but then read that its 'occasional evening entertainment' so that put me off!

We have looked at Maharba beach and also the Riu marco polo in yasmine....any thoughts on these?

Thanks

KheeKhee

Hi, thanks both.

I was looking at the marharba palace, but then read that its 'occasional evening entertainment' so that put me off!

We have looked at Maharba beach and also the Riu marco polo in yasmine....any thoughts on these?

Thanks
I stayed at the Marhaba Palace last year half board. A very nice hotel, good value, no complaints at all. Not a lot of evening entertainment but not bad either, I'm sure there was something just about every night. However this hotel is just minutes walk from the Marina and on the doorstep of all the evening entertainment. :)

Essem

Staff member
Marhaba Palace, PEK, is one of my favourites. Fabulous location, food and service excellent.

KheeKhee

Marhaba Palace, PEK, is one of my favourites. Fabulous location, food and service excellent.
That's good to hear Essem, yes I stayed there for the first time last October and totally agree with you about everything!

Spooky

Trouble is we will be going all inclusive, so don't really want to have to pay to go out to drink and be entertained....

Has quite bad reviews on trip advisor at the moment too :(

KheeKhee

Trouble is we will be going all inclusive, so don't really want to have to pay to go out to drink and be entertained....

Has quite bad reviews on trip advisor at the moment too :(
Do you mean the Marhaba Palace?

KheeKhee

Yes x

Jane, which mouradi, the club?
Really? I would not have any concerns about the Marhaba Palace. I never take too much notice of those reviews myself!;) ...however I would highly recommend the Marhaba Palace, you can't go wrong!:)personally I never stay anywhere 'all inclusive' just for that very reason.... it gives me the option of venturing further afield and not relying on the hotel to provide all the entertainment considering the price I paid... and in Tunisia it's at no huge extra cost:)

annibee

i have stayed in marhaba salem same time as crazy pink we all thought it was a greaat hotel food was really good as was the entertainment would def stay again there have been reports of stealing from rooms but we never had this problem and its handy for sousse and port being about mid way between the two