Marhaba Salem Hotel, Sousse

crazypink

i have stayed in marhaba salem same time as crazy pink we all thought it was a greaat hotel food was really good as was the entertainment would def stay again there have been reports of stealing from rooms but we never had this problem and its handy for sousse and port being about mid way between the two
We stayed at the Royal Marhaba Salem annibee. But yes it was great and we had a fab time :D

Jasmine

Marhaba Royal Salem is lovely. We stayed in Feb and although it was quiet and there was evening entertainment, it wasnt busy...

Hotel is clean and spacious, rooms lovely.

Food was always hot, good selection. I'd stay again :)

Spooky

Really? I would not have any concerns about the Marhaba Palace. I never take too much notice of those reviews myself!;) ...however I would highly recommend the Marhaba Palace, you can't go wrong!:)personally I never stay anywhere 'all inclusive' just for that very reason.... it gives me the option of venturing further afield and not relying on the hotel to provide all the entertainment considering the price I paid... and in Tunisia it's at no huge extra cost:)
All inclusive is the type of holiday that we want/looking for, so want to chose a hotel that caters for our needs. Unfortunately the Marharba palace stating 'ocassional evening entertainment' does not meet them. Whcih is a shame as i did quite like the look of it and it was a reasonable price.
We have both been to tunisia before, so doing an all inc i do not feel i am missing out on anything

Han402

I love the Salem group - there are 3 hotels in one complex and you can get food on A/I from 6am till 12 midnight. The entertainment is there if you want it with Alex and the team around by the pools in the day and putting a show on every night - I choose it for my family to stay in while I was getting married as I knew it was a bargin (there is renovation work at the moment -I am not sure how bad it is right now). Everyone though the value for money was so good there is 23 of us going in August for ten days.

Its not the grandest hotel in Tunisia but it has the best avalability of food I think personally - buffet breakfast - snack bar all afternoon evening with spag bol/ chips/ sandwichs a buffet lunch and an evening meal.

I have a soft spot for the hotel as you can tell but thats just personal opinion.

Hope that helps if you want to know any more about it just let me know

annibee

We stayed at the Royal Marhaba Salem annibee. But yes it was great and we had a fab time :D
isnt it the same one? royal marhaba one we stayed in then the other by the pool where they usually put russians but was closed always get mixed up with the two :confused:

KheeKhee

All inclusive is the type of holiday that we want/looking for, so want to chose a hotel that caters for our needs. Unfortunately the Marharba palace stating 'ocassional evening entertainment' does not meet them. Whcih is a shame as i did quite like the look of it and it was a reasonable price.
We have both been to tunisia before, so doing an all inc i do not feel i am missing out on anything
I understand. Again just to say that when I was there last October there was entertainment of some description every night if I remember correctly, (although I wasn't in the hotel for a few days)... it didn't go into the wee hours, but most guests who chose to just continued on with the party until the hotel bars closed! :)

Spooky

Many thanks for all your input! We have now decided to go with the Riu in Hammamet! Will defo consider the palace for the future if we ever go again! :)

ROULLA

Hi, thanks both.

I was looking at the marharba palace, but then read that its 'occasional evening entertainment' so that put me off!

We have looked at Maharba beach and also the Riu marco polo in yasmine....any thoughts on these?

Thanks
Hi Spooky hope that you are well! I went a few year ago to the Marhaba palace to see my friend and it is really nice I even went to the room to get myself sorted before my journey and the room was really nice as well. The only thing that I did not like was when my friend told me that the man at the reception who changed the money up had tried to be smart by giving her less money so I wnt up and changed some money for her and he tried it on me til I spoke to him in Arabic and told him that he should be ashamed of himself he soon gave me the right amount as he could see that my mouth was not going to close til I got what was right. As for the entertainment, do you really enjoy all that ? I have seen so many over the years that it all seems the same to me. There are taxis just ouside the hotel and if you jump in one of those you could go to the centre where there are loads of things to do and thats only aorund a five minute journey which will not cost you much... The aquarium is only up the road from the hotel and that is a nice day out.:)

KheeKhee

Hi Spooky hope that you are well! I went a few year ago to the Marhaba palace to see my friend and it is really nice I even went to the room to get myself sorted before my journey and the room was really nice as well. The only thing that I did not like was when my friend told me that the man at the reception who changed the money up had tried to be smart by giving her less money so I wnt up and changed some money for her and he tried it on me til I spoke to him in Arabic and told him that he should be ashamed of himself he soon gave me the right amount as he could see that my mouth was not going to close til I got what was right. As for the entertainment, do you really enjoy all that ? I have seen so many over the years that it all seems the same to me. There are taxis just ouside the hotel and if you jump in one of those you could go to the centre where there are loads of things to do and thats only aorund a five minute journey which will not cost you much... The aquarium is only up the road from the hotel and that is a nice day out.:)
I agree Roulla the entertainment is all the same in every hotel, it is very good, but year after year it is all the same. As for changing money...count it out in front of the cashier...I've never had a problem myself:)

Trulymadlydeeply

Off topic sort of because a different hotel but they had the Snake charmer you know the guy with the scorpion etc well I couldn't believe my eyes when I recognised him from my first visit in 1995, it's the same guy still lol

KheeKhee

Lol I've never encountered the snake charmer!:eek::)

annibee

yeh the snake charmer was there when i was there last year also had a beautiful iguana which sat on my shoulder didnt like the snakes thought lol. Roulla where is the aquarium please iv never seen that??

deedee

Marhaba Palace, PEK, is one of my favourites. Fabulous location, food and service excellent.
I've stayed at both the hotels and they are very clean and the staff are friendly. El mouradi palm marina is also a comfy one with plenty entertainment, just depends on your pocket! clean, tidy.

Trulymadlydeeply

Riu in Yasmine lovely hotel I like the Riu chain..

Spooky

Hi Roulla....no its not that we particuarly love the entertainment hotels provide, its just as i previously stated we are looking for a relax do nothing holiday. I dont want to have to go anywhere to search out things to do etc.. or think about anything!

Spooky

Riu in Yasmine lovely hotel I like the Riu chain..
I hope its nice! The reviews on trip advisor say that its not up to the usual Riu standard, but i expected that as its tunisia...
Would have liked to stay in the new (ish) one in Hammamet - Oceana? But it was wayyyyy too expensive!!

Essem

Staff member
Saw the Oceana Hotel two weeks ago when I took the wrong road in Hammamet - looks awesome.

KheeKhee

I just collected my travel documents from the travel agent this morning:) included was a letter which reads.."An increasingly large number of hotels and apartment complexes are now open every day of the week and every week of the year. Unfortunately, things either wear out and have to be replaced or have to shut down for important, but routine, maintenance. This is now the case with the swimming pool at your chosen hotel accommodation.
We have been informed by our overseas staff the the indoor pool at the Tej Marhaba has been drained for essential maintennance. During this time the sauna, fitness room and beauty treatment rooms will also be unavailable due to renovation work. We of course understand that,for the great majority of our customers, access to the free form outdoor pool is one of the most important aspects of their holiday. As such we would remind you that the free form outdoor pool remains available, :) in addition guests will also be able to use the indoor swimming pool at the nearby Marhaba Club....." (the letter is actually dated 11 July 2012 - Airtours/Thomas Cook)

Jane BM

At least it's the indoor pool and not the outdoor one...could be worse I guess.....