Marriage to Tunisians

Essem

Staff member
New section for anything to do with getting married or being married to a Tunisian:)

Soltef

Well,how long have you got,lol?Where to start...

Ummmm.... After my recent experience??? LOL.

Yasmine

Essem, you are opening new threads instead of sections/subforums (that would include the existing threads) ... :confused:

Tunisianbelle

I thought I would write something nice since there seems to be such bad news going around in the marriage/relationship department lately.

Every night during Ramadan, after hubby has finished praying Taraweeh, he brings us home some sweets from the patisserie. Tonight when he came home, he surprised me with a single red rose. :)

I didn't get to keep my gift long though as my 2 year old declared it was hers. When hubby told her that he bought it for mama, she handed the rose back to me, folded her hands in her lap, got a big 'ol pouty face, and started to cry! My poor baby - I had to give it to her.

Essem

Staff member
Essem, you are opening new threads instead of sections/subforums (that would include the existing threads) ... :confused:
Only admin can do that Yasmine and they are not on at the moment. Have sent them a pm to see if they can do the needful. Also a lot of the info on older threads is out of date so when the subforums are done we can hopefully archive the old stuff and keep the most recent. Thought I'd make a start on it.

janette b

Well i am still married very happily to my tunisian . cant believe we have been married 2 years seems like 5 minutes but we have done a lot in that time......and in 9 days back to tunisia to visit family cant wait.And he looks after me even more now han when we were living in tunisia, i think he sees bad things on tv and in newspapers and thinks he has to keep me safe. very sweet really, i am not sure how he thinks i managed all these years without him ?????

Mrs H

Well i am still married very happily to my tunisian . cant believe we have been married 2 years seems like 5 minutes but we have done a lot in that time......and in 9 days back to tunisia to visit family cant wait.And he looks after me even more now han when we were living in tunisia, i think he sees bad things on tv and in newspapers and thinks he has to keep me safe. very sweet really, i am not sure how he thinks i managed all these years without him ?????

They are funny that way (looking after you).. H started work today and he will be working in the evenings sometimes. He was worried about who was going to cook dinner for me.....lol. Erm, think I will manage that one :rolleyes:

Nix

I remember when I was pregnant, at the end, I got severe SPD, and needed help to do pretty much anything, as the pain was so intense.... He took a day off work and pretty much waited on me hand and food for the entire day. :) And, for that week (this particular week, it was so bad, I literally couldn't move), when he wasn't work, he was my slave. :)
Ahhh, I really don't know where it all went wrong. :(:(

janette b

makrem will clean,shop more or less anythng butdoesnt like ironing, he does 1 shirt at a time, he watches me do it in one go and says you must be so tired now i take you for coffee.......no complaints anything for a nice coffee, nut not the same when we arent in sousse, a coffee in town doesnt compare to a coffee by the beach.

kaylee_bou_absa

Hello all hope your all well..

I am also going to write something happy and positive as i have not been on here for ages and thought i had the wrong site when i came on so much negitive posts and also seems to be some tension!!!

But im happily married to my tunisian husband!! It will be our year wedding annivesary in november, it has gone so quick, i can remember posting a thread ''Mrs.Bou Absa not long after we got married and that certainly does not seem like a year ago!!!

Being married to a tunisian is not a straight road, but then i dont think marriage itself is.. Loads of different things to get used, mainy culture but nothing major!! We have had an amazing first year of being a Mr and Mrs and are looking forward to many more to come!!

Im very happy in my life with my husband and could not ask for anyhting more right now!! Hope your all well xxxx

Jillimom

Another positive story - I have been married to my Tunisian husband for almost 11 years now! I absolutely believe in fate and know that we are meant to be together forever - he is my soul mate as cheesy as that might sound!

Oh and TB I love that story...my husband too brings home some sweets each night and we always sit together after the Taraweeah prayers to chat or lately watch the series about the Prophet Youssef on NessmaTV which starts at about 11:30 each night. Nice to have that quiet time alone! (My kids are in bed by 10pm)

Thanks for all the good stories.....

Tunisianbelle

The girls usually go to bed around 10pm, but my son stays up later. The little ones however wake up when hubby gets home from coffee (between 12-1am). He's not loud or anything, so I think they can just "sense" that he is home. And the little ones are HUGE daddys girls, so of course that means they want to stay up and socialize with their dad! LOL He stays up with them, playing with them and taking care of them until they fall back asleep. :)

Tunisianbelle

Just to give a bit of background info - ever night our family and the family of hubbys brother got to hubbys parents to break our fast as one big family.

Yesterday all the kids (ours and the son of hubbys brother) were all being wild and out of control! My SIL and I spent the whole afternoon chasing the kids around, trying to prevent things from getting broke/damaged, keeping the peace, etc.

When it was finally time to sit down to dinner, we were pretty worn out. I joked that I am going to run away and leave the kids with hubby, which would in turn mean my MIL would have to take care of them. Here is how the conversation went (FYI, hubby wasn't there - he was working):

ME: I'm going to run away by myself and leave hubby to take care of the kids.
MIL: Oh no you don't! I'M going to run away!
BIL: Why don't you two run away together?
SIL: That means we'll get to watch all the kids.
BIL: No, we'll run away as well!
SIL: Then who is going to watch all the kids?
ME: (turning towards FIL) That just leaves you Baba. Can you handle them all?
FIL: Sure, no problem. They'll behave for me.
****sound of something breaking in the background****
ME: Good, they're yours as of 2 seconds ago!! :D

Aussiegal

I loved the fact when the last time i was there even though the boofhead says baby we need to lose weight off your stomach so you can get pregnant when he was going to the shop i said can you get something sweet thinking biscuites the man came back with 6 gateau no matter what i ask for i seem to get it I dont like to use that too much but its useful. And the protective thing I love that i now know from experiance that if ever i needed it the man would go to extremes for me

Mizz Kinza

im getting married in 4 weeks time, my hubby is tunisian n i have to admit iv never been more happier with a man than with him, he is the only one that understands me even without saying nething...
im so happy i met him n he does look after me more than my mother does lol

Yasmine

TB, I don't know if you've mentioned this before, but I was wondering how did you happen to meet your now-husband, considering his job? :)

Tunisianbelle

TB, I don't know if you've mentioned this before, but I was wondering how did you happen to meet your now-husband, considering his job? :)
His company had sent him to the US to work for a few months, and I met him there. I hated him at first.:eek: No, actually, I really did.:p I was mad at my friend who gave him my number and always did my best to avoid him.:eek:

Yasmine

Oh, I remember now! :D;)

KIZZEY

Hi everyone! not been on here for soooooo long, been 'living the dream' or the NIGHTMARE, depending which day ha ha. Thought i would just give you an update. We have been married 2 years last May and hubby been here for 21 month. He got a job after 3 month and is still lovin it and we are nearly ready to do ILR soon. Have been dying to say though , to all you ladies waiting for the visas....TAKE OFF THEROSE COLOURED GLASSES!! "Oh if only he were here with me my life would be complete. NO it won't, your life will be turned upside down and sometimes you won't even know who you are anymore! Nearly 2 years and I just about got him round to my way of thinking, bless him.
We are settled and happy, no major problems, but the little things that will bug you are too numerous to mention. I certainly think I have a good one but who knows, after some of the stories on here......its scarey. Anyway, sorry to go on and best wishes to you all xx:)