Marrying a Younger Tunisian Man

Has anyone married a younger Tunisian man age difference of 25 years and been approved the spouse visa, I am worried because of 20 yr old and 45 yr old (I don't look much older than him LOL). How many have you been accepted? I know mine is genuine but just interested to know.

gem15

There's quite a few members on here that have married a younger man with a big age gap.

Some people will accept it and there's others that will be dubious as they've seen how genuine or non genuine they can be. If your happy then it should make no difference to you what people think.

Essem

Staff member
Has anyone married a younger Tunisian man age difference of 25 years and been approved the spouse visa, I am worried because of 20 yr old and 45 yr old (I don't look much older than him LOL). How many have you been accepted? I know mine is genuine but just interested to know.
How do you know that yours is genuine?

There's quite a few members on here that have married a younger man with a big age gap.

Some people will accept it and there's others that will be dubious as they've seen how genuine or non genuine they can be. If your happy then it should make no difference to you what people think.
Thank you, I just wondered how the British Embassy work out which ones to accept !!

Best of luck but pls be careful.
I was lied to for a year by one tunisian from sfax. He had more women than hugh hefner i found out after.
All older and all for same reasons.
If it seems too good to be true..it usually is im american btw.
oh im so sorry to hear that. Can I ask how you found out?

I looked in the 700 euro mobile phone i bought him when in tunisia at hotel. After meeting his family..a year full of constant love and promises . I still looked.
I found a zillion other relationdhips..texts..messages and he cslled them all bby..all got same songs and pics and promises.
All lies .

I looked in the 700 euro mobile phone i bought him when in tunisia at hotel. After meeting his family..a year full of constant love and promises . I still looked.
I found a zillion other relationdhips..texts..messages and he cslled them all bby..all got same songs and pics and promises.
All lies .
Oh im so sorry to hear that I hope you have been able to move on now x

No its impossible to. I loved him deeply and a year and 7 months into the whole mess its still shock and pain. We broke up in june.
You never get over this kind of betrayl.

No its impossible to. I loved him deeply and a year and 7 months into the whole mess its still shock and pain. We broke up in june.
You never get over this kind of betrayl.
oh no so its still pretty fresh im sorry to hear that. I don't think I would be able to get over it either. Was he younger or older than you?

All the embassy want to see is that it is a genuine relationship, so you need to tick all the boxes. I'm sure they see age difference relationships every day all day, it's up to you both to give them the information they need. I hope it is genuine on his behalf as more often than not they aren't. I'm not much older than you but don't think I would have much in common with a 25 year old, do you have similar interests want the same things? What about children most Tunisian men want a child of their own what are your thoughts on that?

oh no so its still pretty fresh im sorry to hear that. I don't think I would be able to get over it either. Was he younger or older than you?
He was younger . But we really had an energy together. Even now we still argue and torment each other. If he would have only meant half of what he promised or loved me a fraction of what he pretended.
Anyway I dontvregret this past year and a half the times and moments with him were amazing. Something and someone I will never forget.

Jane BM

Thank you, I just wondered how the British Embassy work out which ones to accept !!
They don't base their assessment on age...or rather they shouldn't....but they can refuse if they think the relationship isn't genuine and subsisting, which I guess is their way of getting round it.

You just need to show as much evidence as possible to prove that it IS genuine and subsisting. There is an 18 year difference between me and my husband and we had no issues with him getting his visa. X

Aslemma

It certainly doesn't look like it Jane as you and Aymen look so right together.

All the embassy want to see is that it is a genuine relationship, so you need to tick all the boxes. I'm sure they see age difference relationships every day all day, it's up to you both to give them the information they need. I hope it is genuine on his behalf as more often than not they aren't. I'm not much older than you but don't think I would have much in common with a 25 year old, do you have similar interests want the same things? What about children most Tunisian men want a child of their own what are your thoughts on that?
and what correct information do they need? - photos and conversations? Yes we have similar interests as in music and travel. Yes we have the discussed the children route.

They don't base their assessment on age...or rather they shouldn't....but they can refuse if they think the relationship isn't genuine and subsisting, which I guess is their way of getting round it.

You just need to show as much evidence as possible to prove that it IS genuine and subsisting. There is an 18 year difference between me and my husband and we had no issues with him getting his visa. X
but how can you prove a relationship is genuine on paper?, conversations and photos? How old was your man Jane when you submitted the visa?

sass

Photos are great, they can explain easily what so many words can't. I'm an avid photographer, but conversations between you and husband are a good way to show how you speak to each other. On ex hubbys visa, before the Internet, we wrote to each other every week and kept all these, took them to the visa interview, but they weren't even looked at, we only had 4 months age difference between us, however this should make no difference, any information to support the application regarding time together, contact, conversation etc should be used.

Photos are great, they can explain easily what so many words can't. I'm an avid photographer, but conversations between you and husband are a good way to show how you speak to each other. On ex hubbys visa, before the Internet, we wrote to each other every week and kept all these, took them to the visa interview, but they weren't even looked at, we only had 4 months age difference between us, however this should make no difference, any information to support the application regarding time together, contact, conversation etc should be used.
Can I ask your opinion please, what do you think of my profile piccy, bet those letters were great, maybe they looked at them afterwards, I know age shouldn't come into it but 20 and 45 I hope they don't make up another excuse lol x