meeting new people

yesmina

Hello, i am currently living in Tunisia and i am 18
i am looking for activities, groups to attend at low prices and just to go out and meet new people, anyone know where i can start?
i am here until August and would love to go out and enjoy Tunisia not just sitting in the house with my family everyday...boring for an 18 year old.

Thank you for any replies :)

Jane BM

Hello, i am currently living in Tunisia and i am 18
i am looking for activities, groups to attend at low prices and just to go out and meet new people, anyone know where i can start?
i am here until August and would love to go out and enjoy Tunisia not just sitting in the house with my family everyday...boring for an 18 year old.

Thank you for any replies :)
Hi yesmina and welcome to the forum. Where are you from originally? What takes you to Tunisia till August? Hopefully someone who is living over there will have a few ideas for you.

yesmina

Hello i am from England and you?
I am half Tunisian so i have ucles and aunties here and my fiance but i get bored auite alot as most my cousins have school aunties and uncles work and my fiance to and theres nothing for me to do i only speak a little arabic and then english so i can not exactly go out and start talking to the locals up front :p

Jane BM

Hello i am from England and you?
I am half Tunisian so i have ucles and aunties here and my fiance but i get bored auite alot as most my cousins have school aunties and uncles work and my fiance to and theres nothing for me to do i only speak a little arabic and then english so i can not exactly go out and start talking to the locals up front :p
I'm English, married to a Tunisian, both living in England now.

Whereabout is Tunisia are you staying? You say your fiancé is Tunisian, are you planning on settling over there? Maybe you could look at having Arabic lessons or something like that? Have you finished your studies in England now?

yesmina

Awh very nice, i am staying in Nabeul and Tunis i move to see family in Nabeul then stay with my fiances family in Tunis sometimes i did Arabic lessons in Bourguiba School and it was the worst i would not recommend it to anyone, Nope i am going Back to England In August because i am going to University in September :)

Jane BM

Awh very nice, i am staying in Nabeul and Tunis i move to see family in Nabeul then stay with my fiances family in Tunis sometimes i did Arabic lessons in Bourguiba School and it was the worst i would not recommend it to anyone, Nope i am going Back to England In August because i am going to University in September :)
One of our Moderators Roulla knows Nabeul very well, hopefully when she comes on she may have some ideas for you.

yesmina

AW great i hope so :D thank you

Essem

Staff member
Hi yesmina and welcome to the forum.

ROULLA

Hi Yesmina and welcome to the forum! If it is English people that you are looking to meet then Nabeul is the wrong place because there are not that many there but if you try the Twins coffee shop then you may bump into a few because that is where they used to meet up.
There are not that many activities in Nabeul but you may like to go bowling maybe which is on the route to Touristic heading the President hotel.
Whilst I am in Nabeul my favourite place to visit is the children's home which is near the Staduim but that is not an activity but there are a few nice people to meet.
There is a nice coffee shop in Nabeul right where the Jarra is and they have opened a new coffee shop upstairs where you can meet loads of girls your age but that is also not an activity, sorry but there is not many activities in Nabeul to be honest with you.
I go to this coffee shop everyday when I am there as they make the best coffee in the whole of Nabeul and it is owned by a professional basket player.
There is a Gym around there but I would not advice you to go because by the way they have all their gear set up it looks more like an accident zone, you will go in there to get fit and come out using crutches:eek:
If it is music concerts that you are after then in Nabeul near Moniprix you will find a kiosk there with all the information that you need.
Have a great time and if you are still there when I come in the summer I will give you a shout if you like:)
Where about's in Nabeul do you stay if you don't mind me asking ?