Money transfer abroad

NetNiet

I'm sorry to ask but are you a little but carefull with sending money, you're first question here was about a passport.
Than I know I'm wrong but I get to start thinking that you have a relationship maybe with a Tunisian man, maybe you're passport question was about a visa and now sending money.....there are good stories about relationships but also stories that Tunisian man are looking for more than love, like visa or money.
Just wanted to say to you be carefull with sending money allthough I realise that I have no right to say it ;-)

Essem

Staff member
Okay so I am living in Pakistan and I need to send money to a friend who lives in Tunisia (Msaken) I found two banks with western union one is Amen Bank the other Attijari Bank. But I am confused if there would be a charge deduction from it or not. And what the requirements would be for the receiver to receive the money
I think only you pay the WU charges for sending.

No charge for picking up money and recipient requires proof of ID.

If you tell them how much you want the recipient to receive, they will work it back including the charges and advise you how much you have to pay.

There are so many outlets for WU here now, it's big business! The WU queue!

Aqeela

I'm sorry to ask but are you a little but carefull with sending money, you're first question here was about a passport.
Than I know I'm wrong but I get to start thinking that you have a relationship maybe with a Tunisian man, maybe you're passport question was about a visa and now sending money.....there are good stories about relationships but also stories that Tunisian man are looking for more than love, like visa or money.
Just wanted to say to you be carefull with sending money allthough I realise that I have no right to say it ;-)
Haha it is okay that you asked I was kinda expecting such a thing. No it is not about a relationship or anything of that sort. It is just that I am trying to help a friend. Or more rightly a family.

And yes I worked that all out with WU I have to pay the charges so it is all easy.

Habib dridi

Tunisian wanting to send money abroad from Tunisia,change dinars to dollars,and send via western union,is it possible?

maynardlynne

im not sure of this, i was wondering the same for UK

Habib dridi

I'm guessing the "money exchange and sending it abroad restriction policies" apply to everyone,agree to disagree

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Habib.

NetNiet

As far as I know you can send money out with Western Union out of Tunisia if you're Tunisian and from what I know also not when you're European.

annibee

thought i had seen somewhere money could not be sent out of tunisia but could be wrong has been known lol :confused:

lynn

thought i had seen somewhere money could not be sent out of tunisia but could be wrong has been known lol :confused:
I thought the same so ur not alone, maybe Mel will know..

G

Ginny519

From my experiences, with my husband, he was refused when he asked to send money out of Tunisia to the U.S. The bank told him he would have to obtain certain documents to show proof of where the payment is going. Such as, a birth certificate for our child showing he is the father...then, a bill from my daughter's school...something to give them a legitimate reason to allow the money transfer. It seems like a bunch of baloney to me, because if I was to send money there...I can, no problem!

Habib dridi

Please correct me if I am wrong, so their is no problem money coming in to Tunisia but the money going out should be strictly to family provided you show paperwork etc...and I did read somewhere you can export once per year around 4000$ dollars when you are leaving The country,that about sums it up I guess,good to know,thx all

NetNiet

As far as I know you can send money out with Western Union out of Tunisia if you're Tunisian and from what I know also not when you're European.
LOL sorry this must be YOU CANN"T send out money,,,,,,,,,etc.

NetNiet

Please correct me if I am wrong, so their is no problem money coming in to Tunisia but the money going out should be strictly to family provided you show paperwork etc...and I did read somewhere you can export once per year around 4000$ dollars when you are leaving The country,that about sums it up I guess,good to know,thx all
Maybe if you want to send regurly send money out of Tunisia, you have to go to your bank here and ask for a convertable account, with that one you can send money out of Tunisia to other bank accounts. But not everyone is able to open one, so that is why you have to check your bank.

Essem

Staff member

I have a currency convertible account and have had no problems in transferring money into it from the UK and on occasionsm transferring back. As long as the money is 'declared' money (ie paper trail) through the bank or declared at customs on entry to Tunisia, you can transfer it out.

Have you checked websites for WU and Moneybookers etc?

Essem

Staff member
Europeans can transfer money from Tunisia through WU. As long as they have been in the country for less than 3 months.

Scottochott

Europeans can transfer money from Tunisia through WU. As long as they have been in the country for less than 3 months.
Does that have to be hard currency, or can they transfer dinars?

Essem

Staff member
It has to be hard currency