My brother is fleeing Libya and right now he is in Tunisia

Ray

I have my brother who is 58 Yrs old with wife, daughter, and son just fled Libya and now staying at hotel. He is not in good health and needs to be cared for sometimes soon.
I would like to buy him a place to stay until things improve if ever in Libya. he does not speak French but he does speaks in Arabic(Libyan dialectic).
After reading few of the postings about buying properties in Tunisia I noticed a common thread and that's buyers beware of the charlatans.
Me think Muslims are a bit honest ad straightforward, but guessing from the conversation here, you have to be extremely careful with whom are dealing with.
So let me ask simple/arduous to answer and that's what can I do to find an honest agent who is not going to rip us off?
Ps, I'm here in San Francisco California USA and I don't speak Arabic and not fluent in French.

Thank you in advance and much appreciated your kindness and help.
Raymond

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I have my brother who is 58 Yrs old with wife, daughter, and son just fled Libya and now staying at hotel. He is not in good health and needs to be cared for sometimes soon.
I would like to buy him a place to stay until things improve if ever in Libya. he does not speak French but he does speaks in Arabic(Libyan dialectic).
After reading few of the postings about buying properties in Tunisia I noticed a common thread and that's buyers beware of the charlatans.
Me think Muslims are a bit honest ad straightforward, but guessing from the conversation here, you have to be extremely careful with whom are dealing with.
So let me ask simple/arduous to answer and that's what can I do to find an honest agent who is not going to rip us off?
Ps, I'm here in San Francisco California USA and I don't speak Arabic and not fluent in French.

Thank you in advance and much appreciated your kindness and help.
Raymond
You best best would be a bigger franchised agency like Techocasa or Remax

Both have branches in Tunisia.

That still does not cover all bases another safer option may be to buy a new build property from a developer.

But you always have to be careful at every stage.