My Trip to Tunisia

Milk

WOW!! My 5 week trip was more then I could have ever imagined. So much beauty and hidden treasure to be found in this small county.

I seen wonderful sites, visited beautiful land, seen the most wonderful historical sites, met the most wonderful people, ate healthy, yummy food that didn't make me sick or tired. I had more energy so well in Tunis, I would walk 3-4 hours a day. Learned to get around on the trains, bus' and lour-ages. I learned how to shop with the currency and not allow cab drivers to rip me off. I learned so much about the Country, more then the people knew that I met, I told most of them that they should go on a vacation in their own land to discover what they have there.

Everyday I met an Angel who would help me get around, spend their day with me showing me the sites around Tunis, walk with me, teach me more about Tunisia and the people and then at the end of the day we would depart with thank you's and smiles. Through this process, I learned even though you may not speak each others language, their is always a way to understand what is being said, if what is being said is important.

I traveled to 12 different cities. I swam at 4 am in the sea and stayed awake all night watching the sun rise on the beach in Sousse, 3 nights in a row. Went quading in the desert. Took a camel ride. Tried Chucha once, I came to realize how it can become very addicting as it's very relaxing to do. Parachuted over the sea. Learned how to dance Arabic style, even went to a wedding dance. Spent time in two different homes of families. One in Sousse and the other in Gafsa. Learned the different mentalities of the people in each region, which is very different. The way of living, speaking to people, travel and even the way they perceive women, is all different. I learned that the men and women of Tunisia have different mentality thinking, I think most of the men should move to Canada and the men here should move to Tunisia :) Experienced Eid for the first time and tried some delicious dish that was made from the guts, watched traditional Eid bread being cooked. Was wonderful to find out and experience how Eid is celebrated.

I learned sooooo much about myself that I took away. I learned that there isn't a problem when their is a solution so don't worry about it... NO solution, then there is a problem. This came in real handy when I walked into my home and found it to be a total mess. I heard God's voice and direction in many areas of my life well in Tunisia. I even found a job that I will start in Canada and continue in Tunisia for when God decides the time is right for me to move. I even met a special someone.

I went to Tunisia to learn, experience, grow and discover many wonderful things, these things happened and so much more. I am thrilled and over joyed to have an experience as I did. The Lord truly blessed me. As my friends here said, I will influence many and not come back the same. To do just that is worth every minute away from my family and friends, worth more then the money I spent and worth going back to see more of what I didn't on this trip, to meet the people that I planned on meeting and couldn't and enjoy this wonderful land we call Tunisia...see you next time Neil and Essem :)

Trulymadlydeeply

Sounds like a great experience for you raindrops, so when are you going back lol :)

ROULLA

WOW!! My 5 week trip was more then I could have ever imagined. So much beauty and hidden treasure to be found in this small county.

I seen wonderful sites, visited beautiful land, seen the most wonderful historical sites, met the most wonderful people, ate healthy, yummy food that didn't make me sick or tired. I had more energy so well in Tunis, I would walk 3-4 hours a day. Learned to get around on the trains, bus' and lour-ages. I learned how to shop with the currency and not allow cab drivers to rip me off. I learned so much about the Country, more then the people knew that I met, I told most of them that they should go on a vacation in their own land to discover what they have there.

Everyday I met an Angel who would help me get around, spend their day with me showing me the sites around Tunis, walk with me, teach me more about Tunisia and the people and then at the end of the day we would depart with thank you's and smiles. Through this process, I learned even though you may not speak each others language, their is always a way to understand what is being said, if what is being said is important.

I traveled to 12 different cities. I swam at 4 am in the sea and stayed awake all night watching the sun rise on the beach in Sousse, 3 nights in a row. Went quading in the desert. Took a camel ride. Tried Chucha once, I came to realize how it can become very addicting as it's very relaxing to do. Parachuted over the sea. Learned how to dance Arabic style, even went to a wedding dance. Spent time in two different homes of families. One in Sousse and the other in Gafsa. Learned the different mentalities of the people in each region, which is very different. The way of living, speaking to people, travel and even the way they perceive women, is all different. I learned that the men and women of Tunisia have different mentality thinking, I think most of the men should move to Canada and the men here should move to Tunisia :) Experienced Eid for the first time and tried some delicious dish that was made from the guts, watched traditional Eid bread being cooked. Was wonderful to find out and experience how Eid is celebrated.

I learned sooooo much about myself that I took away. I learned that there isn't a problem when their is a solution so don't worry about it... NO solution, then there is a problem. This came in real handy when I walked into my home and found it to be a total mess. I heard God's voice and direction in many areas of my life well in Tunisia. I even found a job that I will start in Canada and continue in Tunisia for when God decides the time is right for me to move. I even met a special someone.

I went to Tunisia to learn, experience, grow and discover many wonderful things, these things happened and so much more. I am thrilled and over joyed to have an experience as I did. The Lord truly blessed me. As my friends here said, I will influence many and not come back the same. To do just that is worth every minute away from my family and friends, worth more then the money I spent and worth going back to see more of what I didn't on this trip, to meet the people that I planned on meeting and couldn't and enjoy this wonderful land we call Tunisia...see you next time Neil and Sandra :)
Hi Raindrops so glad to hear that you had a fantastic time, you sure did make the most of your 5 weeks and managed to squeeze just about everything in that time.
Good luck on your new job and also with that special someone :)

Jane BM

Well you make me feel ashamed Raindrops...lol. I've been to Tunisia many many times and I've done not even a fraction of what you've done. Well done you, you were determined you were going for an experience of a lifetime and it sounds like you've had one. Hopefully you're planning chapter 2 of this adventure. Oh yes, and I'm more than curious about this special one!!!

daffodil

What a fantastic experience Raindrops....

Tunisia really gave you something many of us look for all our lives, i can feel your happiness as i read your post. xx

Milk

Yes, I did make the most of my trip. Was truly an experience of a lifetime, one that I wish could be repeated. I will be going back, there are cities that I did not visit and are still on my list. Was going to go back in Feb but that won't be possible so it's on my list for '13.

As a result of me not being able to go back, my special someone, will be coming here. He's working out all the details to come on a visiting visa. I am praying that it works out. I'm not helping in anyway, I told him that I will not be his visa in anyway. We met on a night that I was praying to meet someone that spoke good English as I was missing home and wanted to have a conversation that I didn't have to work at to understand. My french did come in handy, as I understood a lot more then I would have thought and in the markets, worked out great :) It was also on a day that a friend prayed for me and told me that God will send me someone as he heals me after receiving an e-mail, from the man I was dating her in Canada, who told me the real reason for him going home. We spent everyday together, getting to know each other very well and I met his family who welcomed me and made me feel like a part of the family. When coming back from the South, I felt like I was coming home. I had the most romantic moments of my life with him and he was totally safe, a perfect gentlemen. I am so blessed to have met him.I learned so much in a short time together. I prayed about the relationship well gone to the South for a few days and received many answers. I don't have doubts of any sort about him, my heart is at peace. We will see in the end what happens, for now, I am very, very happy in spite of the stuff that is happening in my life. It's nice to have someone on the other end who brings a feeling of calmness with their smile and encouragement when I need it the most, who makes me feel like a Princess with their Tunisian Charm :) God knows, men in Canada are not even half as romantic with their words as a Tunisian man can be. Makes me wonder why so many of them are single...I know!! I observed and learned through talking to people the reason why.

About the job? Not sure as of yet, I still have to do my part but because of the things happening, I haven't been able to do much.

I am truly blessed because of my trip. I know that there was a reason for me going, in time the fullness of me going will be revealed. Was truly a God sent vacation.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi raindrops glad to hear you are in a good place at the moment. I hope your bf gets his VV so he can experience your country too.

Milk

Hi, I wanted to respond and give an update about that special someone that I met in Tunisia. There is going to be a very exciting part two. Instead of cutting and pasting the update...it's in the thread called "Beach Weddings" that I created :)

I read what I wrote prior in this thread, looks like I will be his visa but read the story in the thread. After three months of knowing someone, I believe with a discerning spirit, you know if someone is truthful or not. I still have peace in my heart and no doubts. I will continue to watch for "rat signs" but so far there hasn't been even a hint of wanting anything from me except love and respect.

missmetal

Just seen your post, so impressed that you embraced Tunisia the way you did. If you have not been to Egypt, I think with the same open mind you will love it too...but you need to be a little more careful there I guess. I too am ashamed that I have not done as much as you. Well done! Its so exciting.

As for the visitors visa, dont make the same mistake I did. Make sure the trip is only booked for 2 weeks max...you can extend if you choose to...but for the application, 2 weeks because he will need to prove he has enough funds for 2 weeks. Also, he needs a bank account, so make sure he's got one of those.

Milk

That is OK annibee. I am always open to discussing my vacation.

Pentrina, Thank you. It was pretty cool trip. One that I look forward to going back and redoing anytime. I know that my next trip will look completely different. I highly recommend those who do go, go and experience all that you can. It will enrich your life for sure.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Milk not seen you on here for a while how's things, how's your friend? Have you revisited Tunisia?

Milk

Hi Milk not seen you on here for a while how's things, how's your friend? Have you revisited Tunisia?
Hello Trulymadlydeeply. Thank you for asking. It has been awhile.

Things are going really well. I went to school and am now a "Canadian Immigration Consultant". This was a very long and hard road traveled. I have my office opened now. I have also been busy with kids, am a professional model now and trying to take life a bit easier than I was before.

My friend and I are no longer together sadly too say. However, if we were I would not be where I am at this moment so all turned out for the good.

I have not been able to go back. I am going to Africa this summer and to Morocco for the two months over summer break so am considering going back to Tunisia as it is strong on my mind. I am going for pleasure and to get my name and business started in these two areas. If I had the right connections I would open doors in Tunisia as well. If you know of ways or people who would be interested in helping please let me know. Tunisia is a huge reason why I went into this profession and am eager to get started there.

How are you doing? What exciting and beautiful things have come your way?

Lovinglife

Awesome that u had a good trip to Tunisia❣ I met a man on line.He is mush younger then me and I wait to met him, when I Am done work,some time in August. We been Chatting through the past few months now. I am happy to get I know him through facebook. But consured that he wants to Marry me right away when I arriver to Tunisia. I am 39and he is 24 big huge age difference. He don't want to come to Canada right way.He wants me to stay with him. Find a place of our own. Will I guess he can't have a boyfriend and girlfriend affair until we marry I do care for him I should wait unitl I get know him better I need to know more about the whole waiting times to marry him. I want to stay for a month. Rent a place with my self before we do marry?????​

Jasmine

Awesome that u had a good trip to Tunisia❣ I met a man on line.He is mush younger then me and I wait to met him, when I Am done work,some time in August. We been Chatting through the past few months now. I am happy to get I know him through facebook. But consured that he wants to Marry me right away when I arriver to Tunisia. I am 39and he is 24 big huge age difference. He don't want to come to Canada right way.He wants me to stay with him. Find a place of our own. Will I guess he can't have a boyfriend and girlfriend affair until we marry I do care for him I should wait unitl I get know him better I need to know more about the whole waiting times to marry him. I want to stay for a month. Rent a place with my self before we do marry?????​
Do NOT marry on your first visit!
Go over by all means and meet, get to know eachother and then decide what you feel and want from this.
They shouldnt have relations before marriage, BUT many do....

Chatting to someone online is a far reality to meeting them and spending time together. I would also be cautious about renting over there on your initial visit, not only cos of the current security state of the country but cos you need to familiarise yourself with the country. If you was to rent, would he be staying with you?

I do not understand the hurry to marry to be honest... What IF you go over and feel its not right and then feel pressured to get married cos thats what you both planned PRIOR to meeting? He / you may have already spent money for a wedding so you'd go ahead and marry someone anyway, when you know in your gut it wont work, or he's not right for you.... :eek:

Does he work? Will he be contributing to your stay? Or even a marriage (if thats what you decide to do)? These sort of posts scare me slightly...

And, as you have already discussed future plans... what is the idea for after you're married? You'll stay over there? Apply for visas?
Its all very well and good being swept up in the romance of it all, but even so, the fluffy clouds of bliss soon disappear when real life sets in... Take your time, enjoy it for what it is, but please keep your feet firmly on the ground and remember to take a breath, and always think of the next step, rather than just the one you are about to take.

Trulymadlydeeply

Excellent advice Jasmine, I think you need to google bezness Lovinglife at your earliest opportunity!!!

Rosewater

He is probably using you to get to canada.

Lovinglife

Go over by all means and meet, get to know eachother and then decide what you feel and want from this.

Chatting to someone online is a far reality to meeting them and spending time together. I would also be cautious about renting over there on your initial visit, not only cos of the current security state of the country but cos you need to familiarise yourself with the country. If you was to rent, would he be staying with you?

I do not understand the hurry to marry to be honest... What IF you go over and feel its not right and then feel pressured to get married cos thats what you both planned PRIOR to meeting? He / you may have already spent money for a wedding so you'd go ahead and marry someone anyway, when you know in your gut it wont work, or he's not right for you.... :eek:

Does he work? Will he be contributing to your stay? Or even a marriage (if thats what you decide to do)? These sort of posts scare me slightly...

And, as you have already discussed future plans... what is the idea for after you're married? You'll stay over there? Apply for visas?
Its all very well and good being swept up in the romance of it all, but even so, the fluffy clouds of bliss soon disappear when real life sets in... Take your time, enjoy it for what it is, but please keep your feet firmly on the ground and remember to take a breath, and always think of the next step, rather than just the one you are about to take.

I just spoken to him about This and he agrees on waiting to marry later on in the year. I do want to stay there to get to know his country. He isn't no rush either. He will help with every thing. He dose have a job,Month 300 Tunisian dinars. He is will to help pay for apartment for me to stay but I am guessing he can't stay with me right away??Thank for the Advice.OMG I new that I had to ask questions like this. Of course he as respect..when I am there with him in Person we will plan for the wedding next year or when ever we agree. He even bought me a ring but he don't want to show me until I come to see him. He is opening a bank account so my family can send me money I found a site to do so?? I wasn't pressed at all its that he wanted to do more then hug and kiss. If u know what I mean lol

Scottochott

I think this must be a fake post, no one can possibly be this much of a cliché. Just in case you're for real Lovinglife, Truly beat me to it... Google "bezness" and run for the hills.