need some information

lucy85

Hi everyone I need some information, I am very grateful to anyone who can help! My sons father is tunisian he is currently in Turkey, in a relationship with a german girl, I heard that she will be going to turkey soon to bring him to be with her in germany, how easy is this? Is it even possible? Can I do anything to stop it happening? He doesnt love her, he just wants to get to his son. Thank u in advance xx

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Lucy I take it you still have contact with him if you are aware of his plans? Report it now whether he gets here or not. Voice your concerns NOW, how old is your son?

Essem

Staff member
Hi Lucy,

Were you married to him? Is he plannng to marry this German girl? Does he have your address?

lucy85

Hi, thank u both for your reply. Yeah I have contact with him but have heard nothing for about 6 weeks I think hes putting all he has into the german girl cos he knows she is giving him what he wants!

Who do I report it to?

My son is 2 years old.

I wasnt married to him, yes they have plans to marry and have children apparently!

Is it really that easy for him to just leave turkey? Does he need a visa? They have only been in relationship for 3 months and apparently she is going to him next week to bring him "home" to Germany.

lucy85

He doesnt have my exact address but if he wanted he could find out the area I live in as a friend of a friend of his lives in the same city as me. I just wanna protect my son I am in a panic.

Xx

Trulymadlydeeply

If he only holds a Tunisian passport he will need a visa to go to Germany and no it isn't easy. Has he threatened to take your son?

Jane BM

Hi, thank u both for your reply. Yeah I have contact with him but have heard nothing for about 6 weeks I think hes putting all he has into the german girl cos he knows she is giving him what he wants!

Who do I report it to?

My son is 2 years old.

I wasnt married to him, yes they have plans to marry and have children apparently!

Is it really that easy for him to just leave turkey? Does he need a visa? They have only been in relationship for 3 months and apparently she is going to him next week to bring him "home" to Germany.
Do they plan to marry? Or are they married? If they are, then yes even if he wasn't to apply for settlement in Germany, there is nothing stopping her exercising her treaty rights and moving to another EU country and he would be entitled to join her.

Now would be the time to take out some kind of prohibitive steps order to stop him having access to your child. You'd need to provide some kind of evidence to the appropriate Embassy though as regards him entering another country...so find out first if they're getting married and if it's definitely Germany they intend to go to to start with.

lucy85

If he only holds a Tunisian passport he will need a visa to go to Germany and no it isn't easy. Has he threatened to take your son?
Once he did, he said that he would be with him one day even if I didn't want it.

Would it make any difference if he had been married before? To a german? Maybe 4 or 5 years ago x

lucy85

Do they plan to marry? Or are they married? If they are, then yes even if he wasn't to apply for settlement in Germany, there is nothing stopping her exercising her treaty rights and moving to another EU country and he would be entitled to join her.

Now would be the time to take out some kind of prohibitive steps order to stop him having access to your child. You'd need to provide some kind of evidence to the appropriate Embassy though as regards him entering another country...so find out first if they're getting married and if it's definitely Germany they intend to go to to start with.
Yes she said they plan to marry, can u explain to me treaty rights? Can they go to any EU country?

As far as I am aware she is planning to bring him to germany and marry there.

I did try for the prohibited steps order previously but was unable to follow it through as I had no permanent address for him. The order actually has to be presented to him in person.

Jane BM

Yes she said they plan to marry, can u explain to me treaty rights? Can they go to any EU country?

As far as I am aware she is planning to bring him to germany and marry there.

I did try for the prohibited steps order previously but was unable to follow it through as I had no permanent address for him. The order actually has to be presented to him in person.
Simply put, any EU member can exercise their rights and live in another EU country...if they were to marry, as her non EU spouse, he would be able to join her there...that's if they were married I believe, and dependent on whether she wanted to live elsewhere even if it was temporary. Is there no way you can contact this girlfriend? How do you know he is only with her so he can get to your son? If you have proof of this, you really need to be contacting the a Embassy..

If he's been married before to a German, did he manage to get a visa to go there?

Trulymadlydeeply

If you still have contact with him however small I would goad him into putting his intentions in writing, sneaky yes but then you would have solid evidence to take to the authorities.

DARK ANGEL

Hi , i read your post , apparently you look interest to this man , why you want to stop him to go to Germany ? he don't care if he has kids or not with u ,i guess ur relation was not to strong to bring you both to serious engagement "marriage" ! this guy maybe has another plan in his mind , to make his life better by marring this girl ! i advice you to focus on your life with your son !

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately nobody has the power to go into another country and prevent a citizen of that country marrying someone from a third country.

I would suggest that any prudent love rat would have briefed the new girlfriend about the old "crazy one" and IMHO people in love do not listen anyhow.

Your not married there is nothing you can do about them short of contacting her and her responding to it.

I would however take precautions regarding you son
  • Raising the issue with any play school or baby sitters
  • Keeping your sons passport/any photos in a secure place
  • Cutting off all access and information about your son (he is only two)
  • Ensuring that your details are confidential and that your neighbours know the score and dont share any photos outside of family on facebook etc.
  • If he gets back in contact restricting visits to a contact centre etc (not having him out of your sight or putting yourself in a position where he could do a runner)
  • Looking into some form of child tracking device etc
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/international-parental-child-abduction

Expect the worst hope for the best

Last edited:

TunisianYankee

Hi , i read your post , apparently you look interest to this man , why you want to stop him to go to Germany ? he don't care if he has kids or not with u ,i guess ur relation was not to strong to bring you both to serious engagement "marriage" ! this guy maybe has another plan in his mind , to make his life better by marring this girl ! i advice you to focus on your life with your son !
I didn't think she sounded interested in him at all. Her focus really seems to be on her son. She is concerned that by marrying this German woman that this will give him residency in her country and access to their son. If his intended bride was a citizen of Canada or China I doubt she would even care since he would be far away from their son.

lucy85

Simply put, any EU member can exercise their rights and live in another EU country...if they were to marry, as her non EU spouse, he would be able to join her there...that's if they were married I believe, and dependent on whether she wanted to live elsewhere even if it was temporary. Is there no way you can contact this girlfriend? How do you know he is only with her so he can get to your son? If you have proof of this, you really need to be contacting the a Embassy..

If he's been married before to a German, did he manage to get a visa to go there?
No the previous german wife lived with him in Tunisia so no previous visa. Thank u for your info jane. I just know him I know what his intentions are. X

lucy85

Dark angel u know absolutely nothing about my life. And u dont know my ex obviously! My interest in this man is zero, my interest is my son. If u read my previous post I have stated that before he made a threat to me regarding my son!

The relationship was not strong because he was a violent cheating lieing scumbag!! His plan is to use this woman for money and a visa and thats a fact!!! His only interest in life his getting what he can from innocent people!

U know what u can do with ur advice thanks!! As if its not already obvious thats what im doing focusing on my son trying to protect him!!! Please dont comment further on this dark angel im not interested in what u have to say!!

lucy85

Unfortunately nobody has the power to go into another country and prevent a citizen of that country marrying someone from a third country.

I would suggest that any prudent love rat would have briefed the new girlfriend about the old "crazy one" and IMHO people in love do not listen anyhow.

Your not married there is nothing you can do about them short of contacting her and her responding to it.

I would however take precautions regarding you son
  • Raising the issue with any play school or baby sitters
  • Keeping your sons passport/any photos in a secure place
  • Cutting off all access and information about your son (he is only two)
  • Ensuring that your details are confidential and that your neighbours know the score and dont share any photos outside of family on facebook etc.
  • If he gets back in contact restricting visits to a contact centre etc (not having him out of your site or putting yourself in a position where he could do a runner)
  • Looking into some form of child tracking device etc
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/international-parental-child-abduction

Expect the worst hope for the best
Thank u kris for this advice I am already in the process of carrying out some of the points u made, and I have took all this information on board. Thank u x

lucy85

I didn't think she sounded interested in him at all. Her focus really seems to be on her son. She is concerned that by marrying this German woman that this will give him residency in her country and access to their son. If his intended bride was a citizen of Canada or China I doubt she would even care since he would be far away from their son.
Exactly tunisian yankee, thank u x

DARK ANGEL

No comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best luck try to learn how to be ..... with other people !full stop

DARK ANGEL

thx for ur precious analysis but SORRY i don't care !