need ur advice

salim

Hello guys hope all of you are fine ,i need ur help plz , i think to apply for irish citizen next year , my wife ( i forgot to inform you that i got married to an irish lady :)) and i don't know that full document especially that we both live in the uk ,do we need to move to Ireland? i read that we need to be together for al least 3 years as wife and husband ,our certf of marriage ,other papers , however what we need to know in our case both currently we are in the uk not in Ireland !

Jane BM

Hello guys hope all of you are fine ,i need ur help plz , i think to apply for irish citizen next year , my wife ( i forgot to inform you that i got married to an irish lady :)) and i don't know that full document especially that we both live in the uk ,do we need to move to Ireland? i read that we need to be together for al least 3 years as wife and husband ,our certf of marriage ,other papers , however what we need to know in our case both currently we are in the uk not in Ireland !
Have you contacted the Irish Embassy Salim to find out the requirements for them?

Trulymadlydeeply

Wow Salim you kept that quiet, I'm sure your wife is the best person to find out... Where in the Uk are you? Congratulations...

DARK ANGEL

hey then you are the famous Salim , lynn told me a lots of good thing about you , well from my knowledge you need to live a few time in irland to get the irish passport as your a non eea national !check here
Conditions of citizenship through marriage

If you are married to or in a civil partnership with an EU or Irish national, you can apply for citizenship through the process of naturalisation. Anyone can apply for naturalisation, but if you are in a relationship with an EU or Irish national the residence requirements are much more favourable.
For your application for citizenship through marriage to be successful, there are certain conditions you must meet:

• You must be married to or in a civil partnership with an Irish citizen for at least three years. This must be deemed valid under Irish law
  • You must have had a continuous one year period of reckonable residence in Ireland
  • You must have been living in Ireland for at least two years before your year of reckonable residence
  • You and your spouse must be living together
  • You must be over 18, be of good character and intend to live in Ireland for the foreseeable future
  • You must have made a declaration of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State.
Applying for Irish citizenship by marriage

To apply for Irish citizenship by marriage, you need to send off a completed application form, along with a number of documents. Most of these will need to be certified copies of the original, meaning a solicitor must make and certify the photocopies for you. This will include:

• Your birth certificate and passport
  • Your marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • Information regarding your status and your spouse’s status
  • A sworn affidavit from your spouse
If your application is successful, you will be issued with a certificate of naturalisation, after which you will be able to obtain an Irish passport. If your application is refused, do not delay in seeking expert legal advice, as it may be possible to overturn the decision.

lynn

well well Salim, you did keep that quiet, you said always keep in touch and I was worried about you. Anyway congratulations on the wedding hope all is well. Don't forget to drop us a line now and then. take care :)