Older women married to younger Tunisian men

CeeCee

Thanks Soltef!!
I feel so much better talking to you all on here.It's nice to know i have friends out there too LOL!...xx

Soltef

Christy not sure where your bf lives but here in sousse yesterday most shops were closed and even last night we stuggled to get something to eat on way back from hotel and then managed to find 1 shop open in cite olympique for credit for makrems phone so maybe he hasnt got credit. yes he will be visiting his family and today is 2nd day of eid we had 2 bangs this morning to tell us.... i had to ask why we had them, i got used to them during ramadan telling us when we could eat and when to stop..ha ha.
I am sure he will be in touch and maybe best to say your friend is ok rather than tell the whole story, my brother wasnt impressed about my relationship, he thought maybe after a visa for uk when i old makrem he was upset and said tell him i am not bad man and you live with me in tunisia.
But he always asks after my brother and yet still no comments from him maybe more time needed..and possibly for your friend too........... Good luck
Funny,it's always jealous/insecure/unhappy people or relatives who try to tell you your relationship/man isn't right for you!Janette,Christy, just ignore the blah,blah,blah-stick with your lovely men-do what you want and what feels right for you!

Hbrown1

Banned
Hbrown1,I agree!When he gets upset-my,they are moody creatures, Tunisian men,lol-just leave him for a while (to sleep,lol!) and he'll come out of his 'cave' soon(with his mobile phone)!!

Christy,you're doing fine.I think your friend sounds a bit jealous/insecure but go with the flow of your instsincts and enjoy your relationship-you sound happy and confident to me on the whole and you have your wits about you!
Hi Soltef,

lol you have a great way with words and your right sleep sleep and more sleep lol

MellieC

Thank you mellie!..I haven't heard from him all weekend.Don't know if it's because of Eid celebrations or not,but I know I was an idiot and i upset him by telling him what my friend had said.He was really hurt and seemed to think i believed what she was saying.Are Tunisians normally easily offended? Should I just wait until he gets over it? It's different than with an english man because there are no language problems.We have been really happy with each other,he sends me gifts and poetry by email and tells me all the time that he loves me so i am angry with myself for telling him about my jealous friend.I'm guessing you have more experience than me with Tunisians so any advice would be great.Thank you so much..xx
don't know about experience lol been with mine 14 years if thats what you mean lol

its not so much that they are easily offended, too thick skinned unless it suits them usually lol more a case of everything is either black or white, there is no grey area, no maybe, perhaps, possibly, its Yes or No for the most part, my hubby, Fred, can't say probably for love or money lol and me ROTFL at him trying to pronounce it does not help! so he sticks to maybe lol i have him reasonably well trained in english "mentality" as they call it LOL

The majority of tunisians DO listen to what I call the "idiot" friends, these are the guys who have no real idea, or concept of british (or european women, generally) and think that Love is measured in £, and Prezzies, and that you will instantly lie down and die for a guy the day you meet him IF he says he loves you! they are also very aware, that if a relationship progresses, their friend (your guy) may well be leaving them, and will be having a better life, ie outside of Tunisia, thus the idiot freinds, get jealous, and **** stir, and if your guy is trying hard to ignore them, (cos he will have some) he will worry that you are listening to your freind, and will dump him, as his friends will want him to do wtih you, because they don't want him (anyone) to have something they can only dream about!

its not just "common" its a national pastime!!

let him know that you are telling him only so that he knows that people in the UK can be the same as in tunisia, and you dont listen to them, that you and he should listen only to each other!

Fred will phone me even if there is a dispute about "dialect" one person has spoken to someone from lets say Newcastle, and has used a word common to Newcastle, and the tunisian insists that its the "correct" "perfect english" for whatever the object is, fred will phone, tell me the word and ask whats the perfect english for that, "cos i know its dialect" LOL I then have to work it out, and tell him, he then tells his friends ~ see my wife is english she knows, told you she would, and you are wrong shes always right" LOL

on reflection, maybe hes better trained than i thought ROTFLMFAO!

the point being, he listens to me, and i listen to him, i usually disregards what he says, but i DO listen, then as kizzey would say its "shut up weirdo" LOL:D

Hbrown1

Banned
Hi Mel,

I am going to ask a really stupid question, what does ROTFL mean and MFAO.

I see it in a lot of post.

Soltef

don't know about experience lol been with mine 14 years if thats what you mean lol

its not so much that they are easily offended, too thick skinned unless it suits them usually lol more a case of everything is either black or white, there is no grey area, no maybe, perhaps, possibly, its Yes or No for the most part, my hubby, Fred, can't say probably for love or money lol and me ROTFL at him trying to pronounce it does not help! so he sticks to maybe lol i have him reasonably well trained in english "mentality" as they call it LOL

The majority of tunisians DO listen to what I call the "idiot" friends, these are the guys who have no real idea, or concept of british (or european women, generally) and think that Love is measured in £, and Prezzies, and that you will instantly lie down and die for a guy the day you meet him IF he says he loves you! they are also very aware, that if a relationship progresses, their friend (your guy) may well be leaving them, and will be having a better life, ie outside of Tunisia, thus the idiot freinds, get jealous, and **** stir, and if your guy is trying hard to ignore them, (cos he will have some) he will worry that you are listening to your freind, and will dump him, as his friends will want him to do wtih you, because they don't want him (anyone) to have something they can only dream about!

let him know that you are telling him only so that he knows that people in the UK can be the same as in tunisia, and you dont listen to them, that you and he should listen only to each other!

Fred will phone me even if there is a dispute about "dialect" one person has spoken to someone from lets say Newcastle, and has used a word common to Newcastle, and the tunisian insists that its the "correct" "perfect english" for whatever the object is, fred will phone, tell me the word and ask whats the perfect english for that, "cos i know its dialect" LOL I then have to work it out, and tell him, he then tells his friends ~ see my wife is english she knows, told you she would, and you are wrong shes always right" LOL

on reflection, maybe hes better trained than i thought ROTFLMFAO!

the point being, he listens to me, and i listen to him, i usually disregards what he says, but i DO listen, then as kizzey would say its "shut up weirdo" LOL:D
Well summed up,Mel!Basically,it can be hard work talking to your Tune man-best to leave him carry on-yes,you've guessed-sleeping,lol!!
its not just "common" its a national pastime!!

sweetiedarling

Do they always sleep so much????

Hbrown1

Banned
Hi Mel,

You have 3 entries of the same post lol

Soltef

Do they always sleep so much????
Yes,it would seem so,lol,just being jovial!Well,when they're not working or in a cafe-at the risk of being pillloried!!

Soltef

Hi Mel,

You have 3 entries of the same post lol
Hbrown1,Mel's a busy baby-minder these days and she needs a nap herself,hehe!

MellieC

Hi Mel,

I am going to ask a really stupid question, what does ROTFL mean and MFAO.

I see it in a lot of post.
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My F*****g Arse Off.

sorry about the triple posts, everyone, my interent dongle keeps dropping of and when it reloads the page it resends!

MellieC

Hbrown1,Mel's a busy baby-minder these days and she needs a nap herself,hehe!

yeah YOU take a lot of minding ROTFL

**** the dongles gone again!!

Hbrown1

Banned
Thanks Mel sorry your dongle keeps dropping off lol

CeeCee

hahaha!!!..thanks guys...xx

Black Mamba

Deleted the odd posts Mel LOL

CeeCee

LOL!! definitely cheered up haha xx