Older women married to younger Tunisian men

Jane BM

One thing that I have noticed some do on here is voice how their guys reciprocate and feel about them, this I could never do, that has to come from the source so to say.
Not a chance im letting Aymen share my forum....lol....;)

C

Cas

Ha R would tell the truth and I wouldn`t live it down, be either saucy or schoolboy humour no doubt;)

kassie

One thing that I have noticed some do on here is voice how their guys reciprocate and feel about them, this I could never do, that has to come from the source so to say.

Hi Cas....I did not mean this....merely saying that it is not "one sided"....:oops:

Kassie

xxx

Milk

I have to admit, I've read many threads but not this one. In fact, I'm glade I didn't up til now. It brought a heart felt warmth to me knowing that people of younger men marriages are out there and are working. Over the last few months, I have come to realize many things. One being that age doesn't matter in a relationship. That two people can fall in love and be very happy, no matter the age difference. It does however matter when family is important to one and faith is important to one. The religion isn't about age difference, it's about what one believes in what they want in a relationship but the family situation is and it does make a difference.

I actually met someone in my area who has taught me more then I could have imagined. He has taught me unconditional love, to not over analyze situations to the point of killing them and to just enjoy the moment. He's wise and knowledgeable beyond his age and just really fun to be with. He's younger then I am. I'm 41 and yet on a really good day, I look 23. On a bad day, I look 30. I'm healthy and at times I am full of energy. To be with this person, I feel alive and young, I enjoy life more then I ever did. When we're together we're in our own little world of joy, nothing else matters. I can't explain why I'm attracted to him or why I fell in love with him. I have not dated since '06 and wasn't interested till I met him. I'm content within myself and don't need a man to make me feel content. When I'm with him, I feel complete and the world around don't matter. All this doesn't matter because in reality, his family matters as they will disown him if they knew and my faith matters to me. Still, we can't explain why we fell in love, all we know is that it will end soon and it will be the best love story told to our grandchildren.

Anyway, glade I had a place to share and can be happy for those who's marriages are working, in spite of the age difference, because really age doesn't matter when there is unconditional love.
I've been praying to be able to share my story and i found the thread and wanted to share. Thanks!!

Jane BM

I have to admit, I've read many threads but not this one. In fact, I'm glade I didn't up til now. It brought a heart felt warmth to me knowing that people of younger men marriages are out there and are working. Over the last few months, I have come to realize many things. One being that age doesn't matter in a relationship. That two people can fall in love and be very happy, no matter the age difference. It does however matter when family is important to one and faith is important to one. The religion isn't about age difference, it's about what one believes in what they want in a relationship but the family situation is and it does make a difference.

I actually met someone in my area who has taught me more then I could have imagined. He has taught me unconditional love, to not over analyze situations to the point of killing them and to just enjoy the moment. He's wise and knowledgeable beyond his age and just really fun to be with. He's younger then I am. I'm 41 and yet on a really good day, I look 23. On a bad day, I look 30. I'm healthy and at times I am full of energy. To be with this person, I feel alive and young, I enjoy life more then I ever did. When we're together we're in our own little world of joy, nothing else matters. I can't explain why I'm attracted to him or why I fell in love with him. I have not dated since '06 and wasn't interested till I met him. I'm content within myself and don't need a man to make me feel content. When I'm with him, I feel complete and the world around don't matter. All this doesn't matter because in reality, his family matters as they will disown him if they knew and my faith matters to me. Still, we can't explain why we fell in love, all we know is that it will end soon and it will be the best love story told to our grandchildren.

Anyway, glade I had a place to share and can be happy for those who's marriages are working, in spite of the age difference, because really age doesn't matter when there is unconditional love.
I've been praying to be able to share my story and i found the thread and wanted to share. Thanks!!
I was resonating with pretty much everything you were saying until it came to the end Raindrops...that is very very sad..i understand why your faith is so important to you and equally his family are to him...and it seems such a shame that you feel that because of this the relationship will have to come to an end...and that there is no way you could 'make it work'...is there no way that his family could come around to the situation?..why does your faith mean you cant be together?

But yes, there are plenty of us 'older' women with younger husbands/partners, who were neither sad, lonely or desperate when we got together with our partners, who were perfectly comfortable in our own skin so to speak...and didnt NEED to be with a man to feel complete.

I really hope things work out for you Raindrops...you are still so young yourself, plenty of life left to live...xx

Milk

I was resonating with pretty much everything you were saying until it came to the end Raindrops...that is very very sad..i understand why your faith is so important to you and equally his family are to him...and it seems such a shame that you feel that because of this the relationship will have to come to an end...and that there is no way you could 'make it work'...is there no way that his family could come around to the situation?..why does your faith mean you cant be together?

But yes, there are plenty of us 'older' women with younger husbands/partners, who were neither sad, lonely or desperate when we got together with our partners, who were perfectly comfortable in our own skin so to speak...and didnt NEED to be with a man to feel complete.

I really hope things work out for you Raindrops...you are still so young yourself, plenty of life left to live...xx
My faith doesn't mean that I can't marry him, it's just what I'm looking for in a relationship, it's nice to have someone with the same faith that you can pray together, read the same scriptures, worship together in the same spirit of music, raise the kids with the sameness of faith. Without the struggles that I've seen in other marriages, where the partners have different believes.

He's non-practicing Sikhism and from Iran. His family (who do practice) won't except the fact that I am divorced with 5 kids (two being my grandchildren) and my age. He thinks if he lies about my age then all will be OK but I'm no secret in any part of the sense.

Your right and thank you for your understanding as It is really sad. I'm actually having a hard time letting go. We're doing it one step at a time and in the end will remain friends for life. I'm good with it, as you said jane, I'm still young and as someone said to me the other day "You don't need to kiss a toad to meet your prince".

We will be OK in the end. I'm very grateful for having met him and sharing all that we have. I have learned a lot that I will carry on into my future and I will have memories that I will hold dear to me for all my days.

Trulymadlydeeply

Very touching, I wish you all the best

C

Cas

That is really unusual Raindrops him being a Sikh from Iran. All the best !

Essem

Staff member
Hi Raindrops

What a balanced and positive view you have on your situation.

Many people go through their lives and never experience the love and relationship that you have. That memory will never leave you.

Very difficult to let go and watch your 'life' walk out the door especially when you've committed so much of your time, effort and love into it, but sometimes it's the best option and kinder for all concerned.

lynn

better to leave on good terms than be bitter...

cinders

Sorry.....I have to say....I have always found this expression (cougars) as disrespectful! :( ...I, personally, never married "to have a young man on my arm"....I married for the love of the man and happiness with him....same goes for him to me! :eek:
Just my opinion, I don't need/want to be "categorised" :( .

Kassie

xx
:oops: sorry kassie i wasnt getting at anybody ..devils advocate here as everybody seems to already " categorise" the older european woman with the younger tunisian men...glad to see you have found love and happiness and anybody else on the forum who have run the test of time ...as marriage is hard no matter where there is the difference of age/culture /religion etc so if you have found success i take my hat of to you ..congrates :)

kassie

:oops: sorry kassie i wasnt getting at anybody ..devils advocate here as everybody seems to already " categorise" the older european woman with the younger tunisian men...glad to see you have found love and happiness and anybody else on the forum who have run the test of time ...as marriage is hard no matter where there is the difference of age/culture /religion etc so if you have found success i take my hat of to you ..congrates :)
Hey... no problem :cool:....thanks for taking "hat off" lol ;)

Kassie

xx

Milk

Your right Cas, I actually made a mistake, he's from India.

Thank you so much for your support and comments. I have taken away much more then bargarned, when all I wanted to do was share.

I'm going to enjoy the remaining time we have together and then off to Tunisia for my vacation..Something very exciting to look forward to and it will help in the process of letting go.

C

Cas

Enjoy your time in Tunisia, you will see things you maybe didn`t have a chance to notice before:)

Milk

Thank you Cas! Yes, lots of things I will experience that I have never even taken part in before or experienced. Diving into a whole new culture and environment is the most exciting thing about this trip. I'll be there for 5 weeks so will have an opportunity to really enjoy every part of my trip and then come home and appreciate what I have in Canada or maybe I'll love it so much that I will want to make a drastic move - lol won't happen even if I wanted to, have all the things I need here for my kids and myself right here.

It is going to be a wonderful experience!!

C

Cas

Raindrops did you find this site because of your upcoming trip to Tunisia? I just wondered where any other connection to Tunisia comes from? I`m sure you will be amazed coming from Canada as I also have spent much of my life in Western Canada and was totally thrilled with everything I saw and experienced, although had travelled quite extensively before living in Canada.

Milk

Yes, Western Canada is Amazing with the Rocky Mountains. So you now live in Canada - Nice!! Would like to hear that story one day of how you ended up here.

I heard about the Revolution. Wanted to know more about it and the Country and fell in love with the beauty and history of it. As I was doing research, I found the site. Now with Gods pull on my heart, his grace and help I am able to go.

C

Cas

No I did my 25 year stint over there .....Long story. So you heard about the Revolution in the Media and then checked out more about the country?

KheeKhee

No I did my 25 year stint over there .....Long story. So you heard about the Revolution in the Media and then checked out more about the country?
did my 26 year stint there ...me too long story, guessing we are talking to an opportunist Cas?

Milk

I heard about the Revolution through a friend. Don't listen to the Media that often, its way to negative and I can't stand the lies (never know what to really believe). Most of my information about the Revolution came from blogs, youtube and a few talks they where having in my city about it. In the process, yes, I learned more about the Country

25/26 years is a long time to be in one place and then decide to leave. Maybe one day you can share the story.