Opticians Sousse

Essem

Staff member
Last night went into Sousse to find optician who might be able to fix one of the legs of my specs which had broken off. :eek:

As it turned out, it was irrepairable so I decided to buy a new frame and put the existing lenses in. (I do keep spare specs but they are an older prescription now).

First optician quoted me 800 dinars and the frames were only about 250 dinars! :mad:

The second one only had one frame about the same size as my spec lenses so he took me to his other shop, Optical Dream, a Gallery of specs and sunglasses with amazing choices. Because again of my prescription (I have varifocal glasses and contact lenses) he told me that if I ever need the lenses replaced, it would have to be a special order as they are so expensive in Tn - (note to self to always carry second pair of up to date specs and lenses - just in case) - and it would take a while to get them.

He chose a frame not dissimilar to the one I had and he popped the lenses in and adjusted them in about 10 minutes - frames + work 300 dinars.

Both the gent and the girl in the shop were so very helpful so I can highly recommend them. He is and they are:

Sami Bazaa
Optical Dream
38 Rue Ali Belhouane
4000 Sousse - Tel 73 221 863
:cool::cool:

ROULLA

Hi Essem thank you for the information it really is good to know. There are a few opticians in Nabeul and the glasses are really nice..
I have seen all designer glasses in Tunisia for so much less than here and the variety is amazing to be honest with you..
I need a new pair of glasses for when I am on the laptop or reading, or should I say especially when I am reading, otherwise I read upside down. The other day I was trying to read a very small print and I was trying to see the date on the cereal and my son walked in and said "what are you doing reading upside down"..

Last edited:

annh

We both have a good experience with the optician across (on the other side of the street) of Sousse Palace. Nice people and not expensive.

Nora

Since you guys are talking about Opticians do you have any information on Optometrists?
I am studying Optometry in the USA and I really want to practice in Tunis but I fear I will not be licensed. I am a Tunisian citizen but was born the US so I dont know any french but willing to learn.
I just dont want to continue with a degree that I would not be able to use in the US.

Thanks!

How much should i expect to pay for contact lenses? Worth just getting a supply to take with me and get my mum to bring more over when she visits? I pay £17 a month for mine just now.

Essem

Staff member
I bring my lenses with me Stepharoo but I wear GP(gas permeable/hard) lenses and can't find them here or the solutions. Only soft lenses here as far as I know. Maybe some of our other members would be able to help more.

I bring my lenses with me Stepharoo but I wear GP(gas permeable/hard) lenses and can't find them here or the solutions. Only soft lenses here as far as I know. Maybe some of our other members would be able to help more.
Thanks Essem :)

I had it in my head just to bring them with me anyway and get my mum to get me more before she comes to visit but when i saw this thread i thought i would ask to see if they would work out about the same price. Always handy if one goes missing (which has happened before when i thought i put it back in the solution but it had fell on the floor lol)