pensioner wanting to marry her young cyber tunisian man

veronica-az

I am speaking to a wonderful young man.We seem so happy together and have lovely conversations.because I am a bad traveller I cannot go to see him.It would seem that will certainly count against him coming here if weve never even met. Has anyone else been in the same position.Id love this chance of happiness, and no hes not after a visa lol

Jane BM

I am speaking to a wonderful young man.We seem so happy together and have lovely conversations.because I am a bad traveller I cannot go to see him.It would seem that will certainly count against him coming here if weve never even met. Has anyone else been in the same position.Id love this chance of happiness, and no hes not after a visa lol
Hi Veronica and welcome to the forum...

Sorry but if you've only met him online then how do you know he doesn't just want a visa? If you've never actually spent time together face to face then how do you know he will make you happy? Sorry to be blunt but you know absolutely nothing about this man apart from what he has told you!!!

I notice you've put your post on a thread which says you're a pensioner....with all due respect why would you imagine the man you've spoken to online wants his future with a pensioner and not someone younger from his own country, what do you have to offer him EXCEPT a visa?

I think you're being incredibly naive and setting yourself up for a HUGE fall......however you have to PROVE to the UKBA that you have a genuine and subsisting relationship...and without having spent any time together I don't see how you can do that....so I'd imagine you'd fall at the first hurdle...

Good luck...

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Veronica.

Are you in the UK?

He's going to have to get a visa if he wants to visit you.

Do all forms of travel affect you badly?

Jasmine

Welcome to the forum..

What makes you so sure hes not after a visa?

I would leave it where it is, cyber land, as the odds are already stacked against you. Never met, unlikely to due to you being a "bad traveler" and him needing a visa (so yes he does need you as his 'escape')

I would also advise that you can be ANYONE you want to be in the cyber world, but reality is a huge difference. You dont really know someone by just talking online/phone. Them conversations are no big part of who you truly are.

Your title of thread has left me wondering what is the age difference between you? And how/where you came across eachother?

salim

I noted in your post you used "a young man" , how old is this guy? since how many time you knew him!Why you dote that he is looking for visa ?

ROULLA

Hi Veronica and welcome to the forum!

I don't mean to be rude but how can you be happy together when you have never met him before ?

Knowing someone online and actually meeting them are two very different things don't you think ?
Would you apply for a visitors visa for him even though you don't know anything about him and more to the point would you have someone staying with you that you have never met before ?, because I don't really think that is advisable but then again this is only my opinion.

Jane BM

Hi Veronica and welcome to the forum!

I don't mean to be rude but how can you be happy together when you have never met him before ?

Knowing someone online and actually meeting them are two very different things don't you think ?
Would you apply for a visitors visa for him even though you don't know anything about him and more to the point would you have someone staying with you that you have never met before ?, because I don't really think that is advisable but then again this is only my opinion.
Would be reckless and foolish in my opinion Roulla!!

Essem

Staff member
And unless a very wealthy pensioner, would she be able to meet the visa requirements for sponsorship?

Jane BM

And unless a very wealthy pensioner, would she be able to meet the visa requirements for sponsorship?
Very doubtful.....

missmetal

Hi Veronica,

I sincerely hope that you are not being scammed. But I have little confidence that this is for real. If he does not want a visa, then how do you intend on meeting each other.

Take out the fact that you are a bad traveller. Ask yourelf this, can he support his own visa application and trip to visit you in the UK? i am assuming no< because you would have said in your thread, that he has come to visit you and you have fallen in love, but I dont travel well and I cant go visit his family...or something to that affect.

Pensioners are not the only ones who fall prey of these fellas, even the women who are able to go and meet them are also conned. Give it some thought, because they know more than anything so many women who are alone, dont want to be and they are very clever at saying the things we want to hear, more so than the western men.

If I were you, I'd be very careful. so many westerners are caught up in these scams, especially the pensioners.

Im sure that you are still young and vibrant enough to find love. I recommend keeping it to your own post code since you're not able to travel.

Good luck

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Veronica and welcome to Tunisia.com. Can I ask did he appear as a friend request on a site or were you on a dating site? Is his English very good as you say you have had lovely conversations. I think he is a fantasy and that's what I would keep him as, otherwise I fear yo will end up hurt and broke.

These guys on these dating websites often have loads of tabs open at the same time and are chatting to numerous people at the same time to see who has the most to offer and who will fall for them quickest. I don't mean to sound harsh but you are being used almost 100%!!!! You are ideal as you are a bad traveller, then he has to come here, his route to Europe!!! Enjoy the chatting with him and keep it as just that.

gem15

I have a doubt that the story is for real. Veronica posted over 24hs ago and not cole back to see if there has been replies. I think maybe someone is pulling our legs!! :confused:

Trulymadlydeeply

Probably someone with jack sh*t in their life!!!!! Lol

Jane BM

I have a doubt that the story is for real. Veronica posted over 24hs ago and not cole back to see if there has been replies. I think maybe someone is pulling our legs!! :confused:
Tend to agree Gem!!!

salim

Honestly Gem i have the same feeling as you , she looks not interested as she should be in this case maybe her story is just a fiction story hope i am wrong :cool:

Aslemma

Honestly Gem i have the same feeling as you , she looks not interested as she should be in this case maybe her story is just a fiction story hope i am wrong :cool:
I actually hope her story is fiction, as if it isn't, I'm sorry to say she sounds seriously delusional and heading for a fall. :rolleyes:

caveatemptor

You are all being very judgemental, she didn`t ask for your opinions, just if there was someone on the forum with similar experiences. You cannot be sure if this is a genuine request or if the young man is genuine, after all, we all seem to accept as real the on-line personnae of members on T.com.
Just saying!

Essem

Staff member
Hi Cave,

I was thinking more realistic than judgemental.

This lovely lady, if genuine, seems such a nice person the way she writes and 'lamb to the slaughter' crossed my mind.

We've all met someone who has been taken to the cleaners by some of these men and I do feel for the ladies who have absolutely no idea of what goes on here and in other developing countries in the name of love.

I can't recall anyone being in exactly the same position (every day's a school day), but many have been in similar positions - hopefully their experiences will help Veronica.

I think online and in tests there is always room for misunderstandings and sometimes we don't come across they way we mean to. I have to say though your on line personae is not at all the way you are in real life - I was expecting a Victor Meldrew grumpy old man but instead I met this charming, helpful, hospitable man who makes the best chocolate cheesecake in the land. ;)

Jane BM

You are all being very judgemental, she didn`t ask for your opinions, just if there was someone on the forum with similar experiences. You cannot be sure if this is a genuine request or if the young man is genuine, after all, we all seem to accept as real the on-line personnae of members on T.com.
Just saying!
I don't see anybody judging her...what I see is a lot of people with various experiences warning her...and rightly so in my opinion. I don't retract a single word of what I've posted....I'd rather someone was pi**ed off with me for being honest and upfront than see another person get ripped off both financially and emotionally....

Nobody has to take anybody's advise on an open forum, however if you make a post on an open forum then you need to be prepared to receive various responses.....good and bad.

veronica-az

I am totally for real.only just joines here and did not know where to look.thanks for all the comments though I hasten to add i may be a pensioner but im taken for 20 years younger luckily.everyone is so sceptical its sad though I fully understand and if it was my daughter in this position id wholeheartedly agree.