PLEASE help to translate!

Scottochott

Lola you came here asking for advice, don't complain if you don't like some comments, what do you expect on an open forum? Also bear in mind you're switching between blatant distrust and naive loyalty to someone you hardly know, we have seen countless relationships paraded before our eyes on this forum, and trust me we can see the wood for the trees, even if you can't. I hope things go well, but don't say you weren't warned.

mrsmannai

Your opinion and thats fine.
salaam :) i was quiet for a long time, but now i will jump in and give my opinion too. I guess this is the one account you have the pw for, and where he he keeps most of his conversdations on a mildly level... since u obviously r so suspicious, what abt his other accounts tht u may not know about, or his nick names??? at a young age, spending your time for this kind of investigations, hun, you will wrinckle early... the best of luck

Jane BM

salaam :) i was quiet for a long time, but now i will jump in and give my opinion too. I guess this is the one account you have the pw for, and where he he keeps most of his conversdations on a mildly level... since u obviously r so suspicious, what abt his other accounts tht u may not know about, or his nick names??? at a young age, spending your time for this kind of investigations, hun, you will wrinckle early... the best of luck
Lol.....wrinkle early.....great way of putting it MrsM...:joyful:

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
What if he talks a good game but is loyal.

Go to any pub/golf club etc etc and let a sexy woman walk through the front and you get the kind of comments that are not nice in isolation but does not mean the guys who said them would actually act on them.

I trust my wife.....I would only do this thing if i did not, or there was some specific incident that made me no to.

Aslemma

Here we are talking about written conversations, but what about things which are said in Arabic, even in your company? You may be talking with your boyfriend and his friends and most of the time they are speaking English, as a courtesy to you. You hear him tell them how important you are to him, that you mean everything to him and how much he loves you and your heart swells. But what about the bits in between when they are speaking their own language? Is he saying that you are the way out of Tunisia for him? How much he's managed to get out of you this time? Probably not in most cases, but you have no way of actually knowing unless you speak the language yourself. What about when you are together and a female speaks to him? You may be introduced and afterwards he may explain that she is a neighbour/cousin/whatever. Is she? Do you give him the third degree? If you feel the need to have every conversation translated it's a sure sign that you don't actually trust him, which probably means you should walk away and stop wasting your time.

gem15

Poor girl only asked for a translation!

Aslemma

Poor girl only asked for a translation!
And I've just added another perspective. Does that make my point any less valid?

Jane BM

And I've just added another perspective. Does that make my point any less valid?
As we all have Aslemma....and no it doesn't make it less valid....

gem15

She got more than she asked for!

Who said who's points were invalid?

Jane BM

She got more than she asked for!

Who said who's points were invalid?
People often get more than they asked for....that's because it's an open forum. If people ask certain questions on one thread and then ask for translations of a private conversation on another, then people will comment.....c'est la vie!

gem15

I sometimes think people use the term "open forum" as an excuse to give too much of an opinion!

SHe just wanted a translation so why not just leave it at that.

Jane BM

I sometimes think people use the term "open forum" as an excuse to give too much of an opinion!

SHe just wanted a translation so why not just leave it at that.
And some people use an open forum to just try to bait people.....who'd be so childish!! :rolleyes:

Perhaps, just perhaps people are concerned!!!!

DARK ANGEL

She ask for translation , i tried to help her , not the first time as i remember , she posted before here another conversation , maybe she don't like the translation and she won't people help her to see what she can't see , maybe she don't accept easily the other views ,however i am pretty sure people here were really helpful !maybe with time she will understand

gem15

DA you did what she wanted and im sure she was greatful. It just always tunes into more than it should. The poor girl doesn't need the 3rd degree from people.

DARK ANGEL

well Gem15 ,they tried to help her too , as i said before maybe because she a bit young , she can't catch their meaning, in the end i know their and my good faith !!!

Jane BM

Nobody is giving anybody the 3rd degree.....how ridiculous a comment!!!

If people choose to just see what they want to see, rather than see a bigger picture, to score points, how childish and pathetic, however predictable.

I'd say MOST people on this forum have the welfare of new members at heart, people who are NOT used to the ways of new flames in Tunisia. Questioning their relationship on one thread and then asking for a translation of a private conversation between him and someone else rings alarm bells to MOST members.....and as it IS an open forum and most of us do have members best interests at heart, it'd be pretty shoddy if sometimes the glaring obvious to those outside of the relationship didn't share their opinions.

Sadly though, some people just like to play point scoring games....very boring..

gem15

Yawn

Donna Said

I made it my mission to learn Arabic asap after we were married couldn't stand not knowing what was going on, knowing Maltese already made it easy fo me,

Lola2312

Thanks Gem15.

Thank you DA for translation.. :)

None of you know the situation or why I asked for translation. He translates everything I ask but sometimes I like to just double check that he's speaking the truth. Because as you all say I cant speak the language and I don't want to blindly believe someone when I'm being played.

Its not because I don't trust him, I do. However, when everyone on this forum is adamant that nearly all Tunisian guys are 'rats' and not genuine it does make one paranoid!!

Yes its an open forum but I haven't asked for comments on my relationship, I simply asked if someone would be kind enough to translate which people did.

Donnasaid- I am learning a few words and things but I find it very hard, however, like you I want to learn it asap.

If I go through my life wondering what he's saying to his friends/family in Arabic and what he's doing and who is that girl he introduced me to then our relationship will DEFINITELY fail, so I intend to trust him until he proves that I shouldn't. However, saying that I am not just going to be blind to anything obvious or that I'm confused about as that is a sure fire way to be played.

Everything that has been translated has checked out as genuine and exactly what he said so I don't feel I need to worry. And as some people tried to point out in another post that I was stupid to trust him as he was telling a girl NOT to speak in English, if you read it properly he was telling her TO speak in English. At the end of the day I've chosen to commit and be with him and if it all goes wrong some of you can say 'told you so', until then please don't feel the need to judge