Requirements to enable travel to Italy and UK for Tunisian lady

Felippe

I want visit Italy for a few days with my Tunisian girlfriend and then travel to Uk with her to meet my family for a few days. What will my GF need to do to visit both these countries with regards to visas etc. She lives in Tunisia and i work there.

MellieC

Hi felippe,

welcome to the forum.

your girlfriend is going to need a Schengen visa for italy, and a visitor visa for the UK.

Felippe

Hi felippe,

welcome to the forum.

your girlfriend is going to need a Schengen visa for italy, and a visitor visa for the UK.
Thanks for that MellieC - I've just been reading threads regarding acquiring these visas and it seems quite problematic - maybe it's best I not book anything until the visas are sorted - she did warn me that nothing was plain -sailing in Tunisia lol

MellieC

sort out the visa's first!

your girlfriend is right, becuase tunisia is a visa national country, im going ot guess from your name that maybe you are european?

easy for us to travel without giving it much thought, not so for tunisians.

Felippe

sort out the visa's first!

your girlfriend is right, becuase tunisia is a visa national country, im going ot guess from your name that maybe you are european?

easy for us to travel without giving it much thought, not so for tunisians.
Yes, I'm English - I am currently working in Tunisia

MellieC

you have the right to enter Italy and the UK as and when you wish.

your girlfriend would need a Schengen Tourist visa for Italy, and a visit visa for the UK.